Only a Story

A Crazy Story

I yawned, walking in the door to English. Despite my earlier fight with Scout it was stilll 2nd period and I was tired as heck. I had stayed up past 3 last night reading an awesome story. Best one I'd found on mibba yet. But geez, they had me hooked. Soon I'd be getting withdrawls.

The immense burst of sound coming from our classroom may have blown a few of my papers to the ground, but other than that, I was completely unfazed. This was normal.
"Okay, guys," my English teacher, Mrs. Wilhelm said, "Let's break it up, this is time for writing, not time for killing eachother.."

I glanced over at Scout and my friend Seth who were both wrestling on the floor to God knows what end. I couldn't help but smile. This was what I lived for. Randomness!
I walked over to both of them and my other BFF, Tarah. She was like my writing buddy beyond everything. Like the freaking awesomest person there is in the world.

Because I mean, I thought as I watched Scout and Seth destroy a picture of a stickman. Guys were awesome, but they only went so far sometimes.

"So," said our teacher as she stood up in front of the room. "Today we're going to get into groups of four and write a round robin story. You will take turns wrtiting for 3 minutes apiece, and then when it's done you will read it in front of the class if you have time."

Without a word spoken me and my three gremlins all assembled at Tarah's desk. We did not even discuss what we were going to write. "Go," Mrs. Wilhelm said. And we did. You could hear all sorts of snickering and covered laughter coming from people in our group as we each wrote in our own part to the story.

Honestly, some of it was at the quality of the writing, especially in Seth's case. We all weren't necessarily the best writers in the class. Just the awesomest group of people..... Ever!

Time seemed to fly by until it was the last three minutes. I guess it was up to me to finish the story, hmmmm, how should I do this? So many possibilities. Haha I know.

"Okay, time's up. Now who will go first?" Seth's arm shot up like a shot und stayed there, waving, until Mrs. Wilhelm finally looked our way. Her eyes bright because she liked me and Tarah. Though I can't speak for Seth and Scout.

With a wave of her arm we were up, at the front of the room. "Hey," Tarah suggested, "Why don't we have people read what they wrote so everyone can read?"

Seth just groaned but me and Scout agreed amiably. Well, let's get started.

Seth was the first person to read. "It all started on a cold winter's night, you could hear the sound of the wind whispering through the trees. Or was it wind? No, it couldn't be! Because your dream of becoming a racehorse could never come true on a windy day. What could you do?"

"Well," Tarah said, now with the paper, "There was one way. You could choose a different dream. Like being a pope. But I don't see how that would really work. Especially if you're Scout," she said, smirking. Quite a few people snickered in the back, "But then again who could ever know? Finally, you decided on becoming a dreamer."

"Because then you could invade other people's dreams, make them feel what you feel. Like make them dream about you... Or goblins," Scout carried on, "Goblins with those big, bulbous noses and hairy feet. Yellow teeth and in-growing toenails. And make them be in stupid situations. Like having to watch as their candidate loses the election." Leave it to Scout to change this to politics.

"But in the end," it was now my turn, "You just couldn't be a dreamer. Because you were already locked in someone elses dream. See the strings on your arms, holding them up. The way they glint just barely in the small amount of light that flickers in your mind. The haze that covers everything, threatening to make you go crazy. To end your life. And with that, a gun appears in your hands. And, not knowing whether this was real or not, you brought it to your head, and pulled the trigger."

We all stood there and smiled as people looked at us like "huh?", trying to understand our story. Taking a bow, we went to our seats, grinning ear to ear. Mrs. Wilhelm just looked at us, sighed, and let the next people step up.

After I just smiled, and went on to my next class. Still clasping that random piece of paper that I hadn't had the chance to look at yet.

Hmmmmm......
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, so lot's of this is based on personal experiences. This isn't always how the actual people would react, only sometimes. But it is just randomness that is my life. If you like it well then this is everything I know. Enjoy.