Only a Story

Lockers

When I got to school today, I was shivering. It was cold outside and my jacket wasn't the warmest to say the least. As I walked up the concrete steps I started to think.
What would I do about the note? It wasn't like I knew who wrote it. I had no idea!

But I would figure something out. Or maybe Tarah would, she's always good for that. My bestie she was. Still....

I walked in and went over to our table at the back near the entrance to the lunch line. Don't ask us how we got that table at the beginning of the year. We just did somehow. Because last year all the cool people sat there. We were just the awesomest group of misfits known to man.

The guys all had their heads down, like they had never woken up this morning, typical. But staring at their heads I was very tempted to tousle their hair. Especially Scout's, because he had like super thick, super awesome hair. I'd had a crush on him. But eventually it just went away. I was the type of junior high girl that would never tell the other person they liked him because they were too shy and insecure. I must admit, many people had said we should go out. But he never asked, and I wasn't about to. But I was content now, he was my best guy friend ever. And that was completely perfect.

After waiting a few minutes, Tarah walked up and sat in her spot on my left, at the corner of the table. She set down her bag and went to go grab breakfast. I never ate breakfast at school. Maybe I was just weird or something, but I was never hungry in the morning. I just grabbed a glass of juice before running out of the house. I was addicted to apple juice pretty much. It was like the best stuff on the face of the earth!

Tarah came back with a Trix yogurt and sat down beside me. We both kinda silently laughed at the boys an their inability to stay awake in the morning.

And then I said, "Hey, will you come with me?"

"Um, sure?" she said kind of probably thinking I was mental. I dragged her out of the cafeteria and into the hallway in a corner by the girl's restroom.

"Okay," I said, trying not to hyperventilate, "Someone left a note in my locker. It had the beginning to a creepy story on it and I couldn't help but write another chunk. So... I want this person to get the next part and read it, but I have absolutely no idea how. What do I do?"

At first she kept looking at me like I was mental, but gradually, her expression turned into a smile. "Okay," she said, " Well think about it this way, did the story seem like it may have been written by a stalker?"

"Possibly," I said, the wheels working in my mind, "But they didn't write anything except the story."

"Oh my gosh," she squealed quietly,"Aimee has a stalker!!!!!"

"How can have a stalker?" I replied, "Things like that don't happen in Venus, Texas. It's too small."

"You never know..." she laughed devilishly. "But anyway, if this person is really a stalker they should be watching you almost every hour of your life, at least at school. Right?"

"Well, I guess," I said, unconvinced.

"Just carry around the piece of paper for a little while, and then slip away and put it in an empty locker. You trying to slip away inconspicuously should catch his attention. And if it doesn't, he's not a devoted stalker."

"But who says he's a stalker in the first place," I replied.

"I do!" she whisper-yelled, "Just do it, it isn't that hard."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes playfully and walked away. She followed me and eventually we both ended back up at the table. Only to have the bell ring.

We all walked lockers. Tarah's, Scout's, and Tracer's were all near eachother's but mine was down near the end of the hall. Weird, I know. But I had to head to my first period, band. I loved being in high school band as an eighth grader, it was so much fun!

Walking down there, I was thinking. I was thinking almost the whole time. While we were practicing marching, I was lost in thought, and our band director called out for me to pay attention. I quickly straightened up and turned my body to the front. I loved playing the clarinet, but when I was trying to think, it was hard to play the right notes.

Eventually, it was all over and I had to head to 2nd period English. But I wanted to get it over with. So I quickly slipped away, while everyone else was waiting by the door and went to and empty locker. I quickly opened it up and slipped inside the piece of paper.

I turned around to see a girl staring at me. Weird. It wasn't necessarily a creepy staring. It was just how you looked at someone when you were trying not to make it obvious. But it was a girl, not a guy, so maybe she was just curious.

But Scout eventually called me over because the door was finally opened by our teacher and everyone was flooding in.

Time to head to class...
♠ ♠ ♠
Just in case you were wondering, the stalker is not a girl so don't start getting weird ideas I don't swing that way lol. But she is important to the story later.

And I hope you like it though it kind of is a filler. :)