Only a Story

Preparations

It was friday, finally. And I was so excited all throughout the day for one reason and one reason only. The carnival was in town! Our whole group had plans to go and hang out and do stupid stuff together. Well, I thought, looking at Max. Not all of us.

Tarah had told me to ask him to come with us. Because other than being really handsome. And I mean really, he fit in just fine with our group. Because he, was almost as crazy as Tracer. Even after Tracer's comment, "Racist monkeys are not allowed at the table".

Because all Max said was, "Monkeys, what happened to chimpanzees?" and then, in a quieter voice, "And the gingerbread men." He had this look on his face like we shouldn't ask. So we didn't, and welcomed him with opened arms.

Well, almost all of us. Scout kind of caught me outside the cafeteria. "Look, Aimee," he said, "I don't really like this guy, he seems fake."

I was already kind of ticked at Scout from his stupid overprotectiveness earlier. Because he wouldn't do something really stupid, that I wouldn't even take seriously, because he didn't want to 'hurt my feelings'. So I, I just lashed out at him. "Well, you know what Scout," I hissed back at him, "Maybe you should see how fake you are first. Before you start criticizing people you barely know."

With that I stalked off. I know, I have a terrible temper, which I really should learn to hold. But it's too late now. If he doesn't get over it then fine!

I decided to go to the library to shelve some books and get me and Scout's argument off my mind. It would do me good. And anyway, Max would be there too.

Walking in to the library, I smiled. This place was my escape. It was absolutely filled with books. I loved books, they were the best things in the entire world. You couldn't really fight with a book.

When I was in there, I noticed someone else in the corner. I could only see their back but I could recognize that golden-brown hair. They were reading a book but I couldn't see what it was. I was so tempted to pounce, but I shouldn't scare him away on his first day.

So I walked over to him and looked over his shoulder. "Whatcha doin'?" I asked.

He kind of jumped but then looked up at me and smiled. "Oh, Aimee! You startled me. What is it?"

"I was just curious what you were up to," I smiled

"Oh, yeah," he said absentmindedly, looking at the book in his hand. "Just reading."

I looked at the title. "Mysteries of the unexplained?" I chuckled, looking at the picture of a werewolf on the cover.

"Don't make fun," he said, "It's not my fault you're not a believer," holding the book away from me while managing to look indignant.

"No," I laughed, "It just seems like something Seth would read."

"Well, then," he smiled at me, "Seth has good preferences."

"No," I put my hand over his mouth and looked around with darting eyes, "You never know what ears might be listening. Don't say things that cannot be said." He looked at me amused, when I remembered something. "Oh yeah, Max, do you want to go hang out with us at the carnival tonight?"

"Oh, well, maybe," he said, "Who all's going to be there?"

"Umm let me think, Seth, Tarah, Tracer, I guess Scout might come but I think he's mad at me."

"I would but I think I'm going to have to watch my little brother tonight," he replied.

"Well, I see no reason why he can't come along."

"Ok," he said, "But he's only 10, he can get annoying."

"Don't worry," I said smiling, "Tarah loves little boys, she'll probably be fawning over him the whole time."

"Sure then," he smlied back, "I'll ask my parents and meet you guys there."

"Yay!," he gave me an odd look. I just stuck out my tongue at him and did my happy dance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo! Hope you like. I will introduce more of Max's family later, if you guys like them all I recommend reading my friend hope filled heart's story Out of My Mind which is about the same people and we'll probably start writing another story with them in it. They are her characters I'm just borrowing them. Go Jennelles'!!!!!!