Take Me Dancing

two

An hour later, blessthefall were taking the stage and the Tonight Alive merch booth was pretty much dead. Jake and Kelly started packing up the boxes when Whakaio and Becca both stumbled over, a loaf of bread in Becca’s hands. She pulled a slice of bread from the bag and stuck it in her mouth, before handing one to Whakaio. He smiled and ate it as Becca got another piece out to throw at Jake’s face.

“Hey!” he said, picking up the bread and tossing it back at her. It hit Whakaio instead and Becca giggled, before looking between Jake and Kelly and raising her eyebrows. Jake looked rather smitten with Kelly and kept sneaking glances at her and smiling to himself. She seemed completely oblivious and instead focused her attention on her new friend, Becca.

“Staying classy, I see,” she commented, eyeing the bread in Becca’s hand and the huge bottle of water she held in the other. (Seriously, what was it with Australians and super-sized bottles?) Becca laughed and saluted her.

“Only always!” she replied, lunging forward to grab Kelly’s arm and drag her after her. “Where are we going?” Kelly asked, feeling breathless. Becca laughed. “Another club, of course!”

“I apologize for her,” Whakaio cut in. “She doesn’t drink very often.”

“I can tell,” Kelly said with a smile, allowing them to lead her completely into the unknown.
♠ ♠ ♠
A short one c;