Take Me Dancing

five

One year later.

“They are going to fucking kill us for this,” Becca giggled as she forced the van’s back doors shut. Kelly held her phone between her chin and shoulder, closing Whak and Cam’s bedroom doors carefully before slipping out of their apartment.

“You done with the van?” Kelly asked her.

“Yeah. How about you? Is the apartment done?” Becca asked.

“Oh yes,” Kelly said. “I swear this is the greatest idea we’ve ever had.”

“That’s what you always say during all of our schemes,” Becca laughed over the line. “Meet me in the lobby.” The girls both hung up, Kelly racing down the stairs of the apartment building to meet Becca. Her friend was waiting for her, a triumphant smile on her face.

“I can’t wait for those fuckers to get home!” Becca practically squealed, excitement written all over her face. Kelly grinned back at her, thinking back to Valentine’s Day the previous year, when she’d met her best friend, Becca, and her current boyfriend, Cam.

She’d stayed in America for a total of three months, constantly talking to Becca, Cam and the others on Facebook and twitter before she impulsively decided to get a one-year visa and clean out her bank account to fly over to Australia to be with them.

“Shall we hide in the bushes?” Becca asked, glancing at the nice group of bushes across the road from the apartment building, just in front of the van.

“Lead the way!” Kelly said, following her best friend outside and across the street. They knelt down behind the bushes, both scanning the road in both directions in search of Jake’s car. He was in on the whole thing – Kelly had managed to talk him into it. Finally, they saw his car roll up, and watched in amusement as Cam and Whakaio both walked over to the van and opened the back doors, only to be hit in the faces by hundreds of heart-shaped balloons.

“What the fuck!” they both said simultaneously. The girls jumped out from their hiding place and yelled surprise, their boyfriends both laughing at them. Whakaio draped his arm around Becca’s shoulders and pulled her to his side, and Cam and Kelly did the same as they all watched the balloons float up into the cloudless blue sky.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Whak,” Becca said with a grin, standing on her tip-toes to kiss him on the cheek.

The four headed upstairs to the boys apartment, the girls barely hiding their glee. Once inside, Kelly tugged on Cam’s shirt and kissed him passionately, before suggesting they go to his bedroom. Cam looked at her nervously, which was weird because he never looked nervous, but led the way. When he opened his bedroom door, he looked at the contents of his bedroom in disbelief. Balloons filled the room from floor to ceiling, all stacked so closely together so that nothing in his bedroom was visible. There was nothing but a wall of red balloons before them. He laughed and turned to Kelly.

“You are fucking crazy,” he said. “No doubt Becca engineered this with you.”

“You should see Whak’s room,” Kelly giggled.

“Well, I’d rather like to use my bed right now,” Cam said, winking at his girlfriend, before grabbing her hand and running through the wall of balloons. They burst with loud bangs! as he continued to push through them, picking up Kelly and spinning her around in his arms as balloons burst around them, until finally he located his bed and placed her on it. He knelt on the bed before her, surrounded by red balloons, and pulled a small box from his pocket.

As Kelly started to tear up, Cam asked her to marry him and she said yes. Just as they were hugging and kissing and celebrating, they heard Becca squeal in the next room. Hurrying out to see what the matter was, they were met by Whakaio’s screams of excitement.

“Becca is pregnant! We’re gonna be parents!

“We’re engaged!” Cam yelled just as loudly.

“I can’t believe this shit,” Kelly said as she laughed and her friends pulled her into a group hug.

“I think we should go out and celebrate,” Kelly suggested.

“I agree. It just isn’t Valentine’s Day until I’ve pissed on someone,” Cam said. They all laughed and walked out together, ready to take on the world and whatever it had to throw at them next.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.
This was so much fun.
Tell me what you think of it! <3