Crossroads

Pop Tarts and Phone calls

Annika's P.O.V

I parked the car outside the house I shared with Amy Rose and Emmi, I got out locking the doors, I began to walk over to the front door, I pulled my key out of my pocket and unlocked the front door, I closed the door behind me and slid to the floor, I was exhausted, for a thirteen year old Dakota sure asked a lot of questions. I lifted myself off the floor and headed to my bedroom. I reached my door and opened it, stepping inside, I walked toward her bed, I stripped from my jeans and shirt and pulled on my PJ’s.
I sighed in content as I slid under my blankets, I rested my head back on the pillow and closed my eyes. I felt sleep overcome me.

The next morning I woke up to my alarm going off, I pushed my covers back, swinging my legs over, I noticed the floor was cold, I slipped on my slippers before heading to the kitchen. I grabbed a strawberry top tart from the packet, putting it in the toaster, I put the radio on and began to dance to No ordinary love by Jennifer Love Hewitt, it wasn’t was usual music, but I liked it. I heard the toaster pop and walked over, grabbing it, I began to eat. I walked back to my room once I was finished my top tart. I sat on my bed and began to close my eyes again. I began to think back to my conversation with Mat last night, he was so sweet. My thoughts were interrupted by my cell phone ringing, I glanced at caller ID, I saw a number I didn’t recognise, I pressed talk then put the phone to my ear.

“Hello.” I said,

“Hey is this Annika?” A mans voice asked,

“Yep who’s this?” I questioned.

“It’s Matt, I was wondering if our date is still on for later.” Matt said, I laid back on my bed.

“Yea.” I said, I began to laugh at how desperate I sounded.

“Why are you laughing?” I heard Matt laugh, I knew he was trying to hold back his laughter.

“I just sounded really desperate.” I answered truthfully, I heard his laughter.

“I’ll see you at seven.” he stated, I nodded though he couldn’t see.

“Okay, see you then.” I said,

“Bye.” he said as he hung up. I put my phone back on the night stand before getting up and heading for the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked.

Image