Status: A work in progress.

Just a little bit dysfunctional.

Middleman

It was another rainy spring day in Oregon. 'It never seems to stop raining' Shirley thought to herself, 'why did I come here?'. She was sitting in her small cluttered kitchen, flipping thru the news paper, reading about some suicide-murder. Sipping on her mint-green tea, Shirley could feel the hot liquid run down her throat. Some how this was calming, she felt at peace. But it wouldn't last long.

A loud buzz roared through apartment, then a masculine voice echoed thru the room. "Hey I'm so so sorry but..um, I've lost my keys. I live in 23C, Could you buzz me up?". Shirley walked up to her intercom and hit the door button. The voice spoke again "Thank you so much". Shirley walked back into the kitchen, opening up the fridge door, looking in side and grabbed the milk. She opened up the lid, and sniffed. The smell of spoiled milk made Shirley's nose wrinkle. "Milk, milk, I need to buy milk" she looked back into her fridge, then she slamed the door shut "I also need to buy food". Walking back into her living room/bedroom, putting on her faded green rain coat and rain boots. Grabbing her keys and walking out into the hall way.

Shirley looked down at her watch seeing it was 12:26, she ran down the stairs. Hoping she could get the 12:30 bus. She saw the bus from the distanced, she pushed her self out the door, running over 4 lanes of traffic. She made it, out of breath and face flushed. Walking on to the bus, paying the 1.50. The buses was crowed, thus she was forced to stand. Behind her was this middle age balding man, infront was an mother and her two children. Oh how she miss being a child. It's funny how when you're a child all you want is to be an adult.. But being an adult isn't has glamorous as it seems. Shirley could remember walking in the parks with her mother in Vermont. The oak trees, blue skies, everything was perfect back then. Everything would change their world would come crashing down on them.
Shirley pulled herself out of her flashback, realizing her stop was coming up. She pulled the bell and the bus came to a stop the sliding doors open up. Shirley hopped down on to the sidewalk, she walked over to the grocery store.

Shirley was standing in the aisle, looking the hundreds of cereals. "Hi" said the familiar deep velvety voice said. She looked up to see non-other then Oliver the dirty guy from bus. "um..Hi" she said looking back at the wall cereal. 'Way is he here?' 'Is he stalking me' 'Fucking creep' she question herself. Both of them standing there staring at cereal awkwardly. "I like Fruity Pebbles" he spoke. 'Oh dear god, awkward small talk' Shirley thought to herself. "That's cool" Shirley said in a dry voice.
Out of now where Oliver said "Do you wanna go see a concert with me?" Again she could feel her anxiety run thru her vains. She grabbed a box of lucky charms and walked away. And he followed after her.

'What is wrong with this kid?' she thought. Shirley continued to walk away from him, she turned down a aisle and picked up a box of rice. Looking over her shoulder there he was pretending to be looking at a bag of flour. He looked up and awkwardly walked over to her, "I know I may seem like a huge creep but---" he said "Can you just please leave me alone" Shirley said with a harsh dry voice. Oliver looked at her with surprised look on his face. Then she saw his stunning green eyes. "I'm sorry, I'll leave you alone" as he turned and shuffled away. Leaving her alone with a box of rice in her hand. She felt like a total bitch, why must she scare everyone away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will be re-editing this. I really don't know where to go with this story.
I noticed I said 'walking' 'walked' a lot and 'she'...

I really love reading feedback, it's helping me with my writing skills.

Comment or whatever.
"Hunger Song" - The Middle East

-Vonn