Status: If you like it comment, I won't know how to proceed if you don't...

A New Kind of Lethargic

Chapter Two: Our Song

Okay, so, maybe that last line was a bit over exagerated, But, I did freeze up like someone who just survived one of Jigsaw's games in Saw. I held the phone to my ear ,listening to my mother's shaky breathing ,this told me that she was fighting tears. From happiness or sorrow ,I didn't know.
I stayed like that with my mouth hung open for about five seconds before Morgan sat on the bed,waving her fingers in front of my face. I blinked twice before grabing her hand and gently tossed her hand away from me. She sat back on the bed, leaning against the iron frame.
",Rein?" My mother asked, tired of waiting.
",Uh-huh, I'm here ,Ma. Um, what was that last thing?" I asked knowing well what I had just heard. I was just hoping that for one time in my life that I would be wrong.
Her voice broke and I could tell she had broken down in tears. ",We're moving," could here her suck in a deep ,but, labored breath ",To Japan," Her uncontrollable sobs alerted me that she was not in the least happy. I hated it when my mom cried.
I felt dampness in the corners of my eyes. ",Huh? Why?" I asked.
She calmed down a little. ",Just get ready to come home. Johnny (my brother) is on his way to pick you up. We'll talk more about this when you get back,"She hung up after that leaving me to toss the phone in an uncharted direction.
Morgan just looked at me with confusion in her eyes. ",What was that about?" She asked.
I shook my head as I stood up looking for my muddy school pants. This was supposed to be a good weekend with Morgan, but, now it's just confusing.
Morgan got up off the bed as well to grab my pants from off her desk chair. She handed them to me and , with teary eyes, I grabbed them and then her. I wrapped my arms around my best friend and she did the same. We had known each other for so long that the girl was used to my kooky ways.
",What happened?" She ordered.
",I'm*sob* moving," I said through my tears.
She pulled away for a second before hugging me a little closer. ",Where?" She probably figured it would be somewhere in Louisiana, most likely New Orleans where she could still visit me.
I hated having to crush that. ",Japan," I cried.
This time she pulled away to grab my shoulders. I could see the panic steadily grow in her eyes as she realized her best friend would be taken away. Her faced cracked and tears poured out of her eyes as she pulled me back to her tighter then the last hug. If I knew her as well as I thought I did, she was probably missing me already.
",When?" She asked.
",I don't know. My brother is coming to pick me up. My mom and dad want to talk about it," I said prying her off.
",Well ,talk them out of it!" She said as I pulled on my pants.
They were wet and uncomfortable from the mud and rain. ",I can't. Thats my dad's job. I can't tell him to not go," I said as I collected the rest of my things.
",So, you'll just leave me here? Alone?" She asked ,the hurt was rang out clear to my already wounded heart.
',Thanks for the guilt trip, Morg,' I thought.
",No. You know I can't do anything," I said as I threw my phone in my backpack.
",No, you just won't try. As long as the little rich girl is quiet," She spat.
I turned to her. It felt like my heart would shrivel up in my chest. I wiped the tears from my eyes as I heard my brother's porche pull up in the driveway. Without saying a word to her, I left her house saying a quick 'bye' to her mom as I went out the door.
The rain from earlier had lt up to a small drizzle, but, it was still cold. I walked quickly to the red mustang he insisted on getting for his eighteenth birthday. Johnny opened the door for me when I got close. His blue eyes were stressed and he had that frown on his face that said he had a headache.
He raised his arm over my head as I sat down and wrapped me in a one arm hug. I pulled my seatbelt on and then squeezed his arm.
He backed out of the driveway and sped back to the house without saying a word. I could tell he wasn't all too pleased with this whole thing. I didn't blame him. He was studying business at LSU and I didn't think he'd leave school in America for Japan. He was the only one in the family who didn't speak Japanese. He said he would never have to use it. Joke's on you ,buddy.
It took Johnny and his reckless driving ten minutes to get us home. The sun had gone down and we couldn't see anything that the headlights didn't reach.
Once we got to the driveway, I saw my dad's shiny volvo next to my mom's lime green bug. Any other time, I wouldn't have waited for my brother to pull up all the way, I would already be inside, giving my dad a tackle hug in the door. Now, I was just sad and tired.
Johnny noticed this and placed his hand on my muddy knee. ",Time to go face the music, Sport," He said.
I nodded and got out. Johnny put his arm around me as we entered the house just like he used to when we were kids. I snuggled in close to his chest and he petted my hair.
We got to the kitchen were our parents sat at the island. They looked up from what seemed to be a deep conversation. I saw my mother's mascara had ran down her face where she had been crying. Her eyes were puffy ,too. I let go of Johnny and hugged her with my face buried in her shoulder.
Call me what you want. I'm a hugger and I'm proud Xp
She wrapped her motherly arms around me and I pulled my face towards my dad, who John walked behind.
I saw Johnny's blue eyes on my father's face as he looked into my mint green ones. I could see his apology there and forgave him without saying it.
He just tapped his fingers against the marble before speaking. ",So, your mother told you about our plans. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you wanna know why?" He said.
I nodded.
He gave a nod as he started playing with a salt shaker. ",Uhh, the company wants to send me overseas. Ya know to 'Unite the company',"I could hear the quatations in his voice. ", But, this isn't like all those other business trips and meetings. They want me over there permanently. And I'm not leaving my family in another country," I almost laughed at my father's insecurity. I got that from him.
I looked at John. ",What about his college?" I asked.
",Johnny's gonna stay here. I'm going to rent him an apartment and he can stay with us on breaks or just stay home," Dad said.
I looked at Johnny. First my best friend now my brother. Fuckitall Ima get a fish for a friend.....
I pulled away from my mom. She looked at me with the eyes I inherited. I could see the sadness in them.
",When?" I asked.
",Next week," Dad said.
I nodded once before retreating to my room. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit my fuzzy pillows....

****************Time Lapse Seven Days Later********************************************************************

For the next week , I spent most of my time a home or at school. Morgan wouldn't talk to me or answer any of my calls and texts. My only friend (who wasn't my brother) was Josh(A/N: Or did I name him Drew?? Thats bad when you can't recall the names of your own characters...) He heard about my dilemna and had offered to by my crying shoulder and mule for when I needed to carry bags to the airport. I told him he was sweet and if our roles were reversed I would be his slave bitch ,too.
John moved to his apartment, much to the irritation of my mother, and was trying to build a 'man cave' in the extra bedroom. I can see the stripper poles and sex swings already....
On the day of the move, I was having trouble deciding if I should study moreon Japanese law on the plane or brush up on the language. It was a good ten hour flight and I didn't ant to be stuck on aplane studying the wrong thing and get a migraine.
Plane+Boring+Me+Migraine=An aggravated mom and dad... More their problem than mine...
I had learned Japanes when I was twelve so I could listen to Jrock that I head on Anime. I got so interested in the culture, I got a tutor to help me master it. I can hold up a conversaion now and I probably won't screw most of it up.
I had the two books in front of me and after I heard my dad call me to the car ,I just tossed them both in my carrion bag. I'd do both.
!@#$%&*In Japan*&%$#@!
The flight was quiet. My mom and dad had headphones on and just studied up on ways to cuss out someone who stole your cheetos.
I didn't really notice how cute some asian guys could be before this and I realized this whole move away from the country you've always known thing might not be SO bad. I have something to look at now.
We got off the plane and my dad said he had someone who was going to pick them up and bring them to the new house for us. So we just had to find the dude who would drive us there. Dad said he would have a sign with Delaune on it. I didn't think it uld be hard. How many people had the surname Delaune in Japan.
I wandered around the lobby, looking for the guy with my ipod playing Lithium by Nirvana. My dark red hair was drwaing me a lot of attention. And from what I could make out of their hushed conversations, a lot of Japanese girls were jealous. Some wondered how I got it so shiny, and that they wanted to know what brand of hair dye I used. I wanted to tell them that I got it from my mom's scotish heritige and that it was real, but, I spotted the guy with the Delaune sign.
With a mental 'WooHoo!' I ran to the older man. He spotted me and asked in Japanes if I could understand him.
I nodded. ", I'm Reina," I said in his language.
The man smiled. ",I am Soichiro. An old friend of your father," He reached out to shake my hand and I grabbed it with enthusiasm.
I shook it then let go so i could pull out my phone. ", Let me just call my dad and tell him I found you," I told him before I dialed my fathers phone number.
He answered on the second ring and I grinned at Soichiro. ",Hey, dad, I found him," I said in english.
He sighed in relief. ",Good, where are you?" I gave him directions and hung up.
Soichiro seemed really nice. As we waited for my parents, he told me about his family. He had a wonderful wife, named Sachiko an honors student son named Raito ,but, everyone calls him Light.
',Hmm, Light. Thats a cool name,' I thought.
He told me about his little girl, Sayu. How she was just your typical preteen girl. She loved this guy called Hideki Ryuga.
',Wow, does everyone in Japan have an awesome sounding name?' I thought as I saw my moms red hair.
Judging by the whispering girls behind her, i'd say she had drawn some attention,too.
My dad looked like he was just a little bit younger than Soichiro and that had me thinking about how they met.
I shrugged it off as I told my dad I had my first Japanese friend and hugged Soichiro's arm. The Japanese man just smiled down at me and led the way to his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okizzay..that took me a lil while.
Sooooowatdya think?? Soichiro is ooc but i dont care.. in the anime/manga he doesnt ge out too much so I just made him a little more of a social butterfly lol.
Read. Comment. Subscribe.
And to that one person reading this....ILY dude!!!! hav no idea who u r but i luvs u homey!!!!