‹ Prequel: Lost in You
Sequel: Are You Happy Now?
Status: 37, 38, and 39 of 50

Old School Love

Old School Love

She sat there and watched him play some video game. Call of Duty she believed it was called. She didn’t know what happened. She had been dating Jayden for a year, but he was never what she expected or even wanted. She wanted old school love. The love where he sent her letter, and that kept her through the whole day. The love where he offered her his sweater. The love where he opened the door for her. The love where no one is rushing you into anything. Somewhere along the line she got lost. She doesn’t know what happened. Simply a year passed her by without her consent.

She remembered how they met. They met at a mini golf course. She was golfing with her girlfriends and he was golfing with guy friends. He asked for her number, and that day he saw her shiver and offered her his jacket. She thought it would be perfect at that point, but that was the only old school love type of thing he did for her.

She was heartbroken. She knew they simply couldn’t work. She knew it. She hated to admit it because she knew she loved him, but this wasn’t what she wanted. She wanted chivalry. She wanted love how it was awhile back. Love where things were taken slow and love was bound to bloom. She wanted not what she had. The only reason she stayed that long was because she loves him. She was lost.

At that she stopped daydreaming and stopped being caught up in her thoughts. Then that was when a tears rolled down her cheek. Exactly two tears. In that moment she knew she couldn’t stay with him any longer. She couldn’t. There she was sitting and watching him play a video game. He didn’t notice her. He didn’t acknowledge her. They were supposed to be on a date. In that moment she knew this wasn’t her. This wasn’t her dream. This wasn’t what she wanted. She wanted him, but not their relationship.

That is when she finally made up her mind. She didn’t say a word. She didn’t do anything but get up and walk out with a second glace as another tear rolled down her cheek. She knew he was no longer there to wipe away her tears that way he used to so she wiped it herself before turning around and walking out without regrets.
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by Old School Love by Megan & Liz