‹ Prequel: Lost in You
Sequel: Are You Happy Now?
Status: 37, 38, and 39 of 50

Old School Love

World's Gonna End

He stopped playing his video game only to look up and not see the love of his life sitting next to him. He texted her, but she didn’t reply. He called and her phone rung twice before going to voice mail meaning that she is ignoring his calls. In that moment his world started crashing down upon him. It got harder to breathe. The first thing he did was call his best friend, the one who got it; he only understood because he was hopelessly in love with his girlfriend as well. “Ava is gone.”

“What do you mean?”

“She left and is ignoring me.”

“I’m sure she is just mad. You two will be together soon enough. Just a fight.”

“I don’t so. She didn’t say anything just left.”

“I’m sure you’re just over—“ he begins to say before his phone dings. “Hang on bro another call coming in, hang on.”

After a few minutes he falls back onto his bed with a sigh of sadness. Soon later his best friend is back, “Bro is there a guy version of the girl’s ice cream and chick flick thing?”

“No why?” He asks skeptically.

“That was your exgirl… she called me to tell to that you guys are done, that this isn’t some break up. She is done. She said if you want to know the reason why she is breaking up with you to tell you old school love.”

“What the hell does that mean?!?!”

“I don’t know.”

“I need her back! I love her!”

“Ok man, this is a girl you’re in love with. Think about her, what is a key component to who she is?”

“Music… BRO! you’re a genious! It’s probably a song. It’s her so it should be pop, rock, pop/rock, or alternative….”

“Google?”

“Yes… Megan & Liz… she likes them. This is it.”

Then he begins to listen and reads the lyrics before falling back ontop his bed and telling his friend, “The world has ended.” Before covering his face with a pillow.
“It’s just a girl, not the end of the world.”

“Shut up!” He practically growls, “It is the world. She is my world. She is my life. This isn’t puppy love. I bought her a freaking engagement ring!”

“Man we are only seniors.”

“I wasn’t planning on asking her until after college I just bought it and saved up for it, it’s even engraved.”

“That is what you were saving for?!?”

“Yeah… it was… I love her man… more than life itself…”

“We will get her back bro… we will…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Inspired by World's Gonna End by Megan & Liz