‹ Prequel: Old School Love
Status: 40 of 50

Are You Happy Now?

1/1

If you put her in a crowd of people you would easily be able to spot her. With her long black flowing hair, band tees and bright colors she was hard to miss. She was one of the happiest people with the most potential. Everyone assumed she would even become president one day.

Her best friend was hopelessly in love with her, not that she knew. It seems like a typical best friends fall in love story, and it is, but the best part of a story is the journey, not the end. The end is meaningless without the adventure or story first. So this is their story.

“Don’t!”she yelled as her best friend James who was tickling her to the point where she couldn’t breathe.

“You know you love it and me.”

“This may be true, but STOP!”

“Never!”

“Please James.” She manages to sputter out with a puppy dog look on her face. It always works on him, and this time was no exception.

“Thanks!” She says giving him a hug before looking at the clock and jumping up. “Gotta go I have to meet Frank for a date! I’m sorry.”

“Yeah that’s fine, but you are sleeping over right?”

“Yup!”

Ida went on her date none the wiser of what was really going on. She didn’t know Frank was not who she thought. She didn’t know he was cheating on her, and had been since he asked her to be his girlfriend. He simply was, as he would say, a man with needs. Needs she refused to fulfill. He only stayed with her because she was loud and had potential. All in all she attracted attention without noticing or trying, and he loved attention. He thrived on it. It was as simple as that. It was all a game for him, but not her.

She went to James house only to have him confront her. Confront her with his feelings. It wasn’t on purpose or anything. He was talking on the phone with his best friend when she let herself into his house as she always did.

“I know man… I know… I know I love her, but she is with Frank, and she is my best friend. I don’t want to risk our friendship. She would never like me anyway. Frank likes sports, and I like Science. I’m a nerd and he is a Jock. I know I want her more than you can even imagine. I was so tempted to do something when I was with her earlier. I was tickling her, and her smile… man I’ve fallin, and hard.”

That is when she gasp causing James to hurriedly say bye before hanging up. He tried to talk to her, but she ran out needed time to clear her head. She headed over to Frank’s place only to find him on top of another girl. With that she walked out, walked home and broke down.

After her mom saw her wake up the next morning with blood shot eyes she called up James who immediately rushed over and comforted her. He was what she needed, whether she knew it or not. He was always there for her, and maybe she didn’t get, but give her two years max and she would see it and more or less maul him.

When they finally got together he fixed her, and she fixed him, thought she felt bad that she was the one that broke him. But they were one of those cutsey obsessed with each other in a natural way couples. So when she finally was making her first and second inauguration speech and the state of the union addresses he was there as the first first man.