Not All Princes Are Charming

Jasmine Parker transferred out of Hogwarts after a torturous first year. Her best friend at the time, who was none other than Draco Malfoy, had betrayed her and sold her out. Now, as Jasmine returns to Hogwarts for her seventh and final year, she wonders if anyone would remember her… especially a Mr. Draco Malfoy. Soon she starts to formulate a plan of revenge to get him back.

+++

"Easy there, Prince Charming. I don't do pity dates."

"Pity date? I assure you, love. You'll find no reason to pity me," he told her with a scowl.

"I'm sure I could think of a few."

"I'm positive you couldn't."

"Is that a challenge?"

"And if it is?"

"Well then I'd have to say you're on." Draco smirked at the brunette in front of him. She really was a sight to behold. Her long, chocolate-brown hair fell in delicate curls about her face, ending somewhere around her mid back. A swoop of equally brown bangs curled in front the right side of her face, nearly covering one of her grey-green eyes. Her skin was a delicate pale, and random freckles adorned her porcelain-like complexion. Her cheeks were naturally rosy, he noticed, and her full pink lips were curved in a mix between a pout and a smirk. She wasn't gorgeous, per say, but you couldn't define her as plain or simply cute. She was a delicate and fragile beauty, one that cannot be undermined nor exaggerated.

+++

"You mustn't dwell too deeply on these things, love. All that jovial nonsense is in the past. I doubt anyone cares or even believes those trivial rumors anymore, and if they do, it's not like it matters," he told her with a shrug.

"'Jovial nonsense'?!" she nearly shrieked. "'Trivial rumors'?! Well, I'm sorry, Malfoy, but all that 'nonsense' completely ruined me!" she couldn't believe the young man in front of her.

"You and I both know it wasn't true," he told her evenly. Draco Malfoy didn't seem bothered in the slightest by her outburst.

"We knew it back then and look what happened!" she shouted.

"Take it easy, love."

"Easy?! 'Take it easy'? No, Draco! I will most certainly not take it easy! You sold out your supposed best friend and girlfriend for a one way ticket to popularity!"

"You make it seem like it was a bad thing," he told her, raising an eyebrow and looking at her with a calm face.

+++

"So it was all a lie when you told me you cared for me?" she asked quietly, staring at the carpeted floor anxiously.

"Yes; haven't you heard? Malfoy's cannot fall in love," he said with a chuckle, finally removing his eyes from carefully inspecting his fingernails to look at her.

"Well, I'd heard it, I just thought that maybe-"

"That what?" he interrupted her snidely, "That you could be the one to 'melt my icy heart'?" he asked bemusedly, for he had often heard gossiping girls claiming that, if given the chance, they would most certainly be the one to get through to him. A new wave of fresh tears filled her large eyes. "You listen here, love, I have no heart, only desire; and that's simply what you were used for, something to fill my lust for a time being."

"You're a pig," she whispered, shaking her head in disbelief and shock. She didn't want to accept the fact that it was over.

"And you'll get over it," he told her monotonously before walking down the corridor into his compartment.

+++

"You didn't think I'd care at all?"

"Well I figured you'd be mad at me, but I thought you would get over it quickly and we could continue on as if it never happened," he told her.

"Why would you think I'd be okay with you betraying our friendship?" his dreadfully sexy smirk spread across his light pink lips.

"Because you were obsessed with me."

+++

"You're so bloody narcissistic!" she exclaimed.

"How does looking out for myself make me narcissistic?"

"You onlylook out for yourself, Draco. You don't take into consideration the people around you, instead, you abuse your friends to get what you want!"

"Who eversaid I had friends, Jasmine?" he asked her somewhat shocked.

"Oh, please!"

"Really, though, I prefer to call them followers, admirers, minions even. I don't particularly like having friends. That would mean I considered them my equals," he told her cockily.

+++

"I am a legend," he told her with a smirk.

"Is that so?" she asked with mock interest. As if she didn't know.

"I'm somewhat of a god around here, in fact, I'm considered the Prince of Slytherin."

"Prince, eh? What you weren't good enough to be proclaimed king?" she asked jeeringly. Oh, she was entertaining alright[ii], Draco thought to himself with a smirk.

+++

"So you played me? You tricked me into thinking you liked me?"

"For the most part, yes. That's what Malfoy’s do. We don't have the same weak emotions, and we most certainly do not care for others."

"You talk about yourself and your family as if you're an entire different species," she stated.

"I wouldn't be surprised if we were. We are far superior to every other Pureblood family. The only one who can measure up to us, if not surpass us, is the Dark Lord."

"That's pathetic," she commented dryly.

"I'm only telling it like it is," he defended.

+++

"You can't be friends with me, Jasmine."

"Oh? And why not?"

"Cause I'll always want to be more," he told her seriously, all trace of sarcasm and playfulness removed from his flawless, pale face.

"Who says I want the same?"