‹ Prequel: Nine in the Afternoon
Sequel: Everything About You
Status: 42 of 50

Stereo Hearts

1/1

Black was sitting in class. She should have been listening to her history teacher, but like any other student, she wasn’t. She was daydreaming to the song stuck in her head.

My heart’s a stereo it beats for you so listen close hear my thought in everynot

She imagined hrt boyfriend where his heart should be was a old fashioned boom box. The speakers moved up and down to the beat of love songs as her boyfriend, Parker, stared longingly at her. They were all about her, the songs, but she didn’t know that.

Make me your radio turn me up when you feel low this melody was meant for you just sing along to my stereo

There was Black driving, Parker was in the passenger seat singing his heart out because her radio was broken, as always. Anytime she would drive with him and for a reason or another she felt sad he sang louder just always knowing it was exactly what she needed. He would always sing songs just for her and egg her to sing with him until she conceded.

’Cause the last girl that played me left a couple cracks

The girlfriend Parker had before her, Madi, was a bitch and ended up cheating on him, and for awhile he was broken. Well he was broken until Black fixed him up.

Would you turn my volume up in front of the cops

In her car again as they often were Parker always played a game he made up the first day she got her license. Anytime they would pass the police station or a cop Parker would sing louder in the hopes to annoy the cop or cops.

My hearts a stereo it beats for you so listen close

They were laying together on a blanket in the middle of a grass field, and there he was whispering sweet somethings in her ear the way she always wished he would.

Thought love was dead but now you’re changing my mind

Every day he would tell her, “You showed me love when I simply assumed it died or never existed. I love you all the more for that.”

The bell rang causing Black to awaken from her daydreaming. Parker walked up to her and said, “Come on Black let’s go to the cafeteria. I need to meet my lovely girlfriend Madi.”