Cut Me Off

post-sex

I fall on top of him, our chests stick together as they rise and fall at an abnormal rate. My fingers wrap around his neck and I rub the short, shaved hair on the back of his head. Eyes close, bodies warm and lips swollen, we lay together in almost complete silence. The only sound in the room is our loud breaths and the scrape of my fingers on the rough sheets as I rub his neck.

His almost silent snoring has me smiling and resting my face in the nape of his neck, just listening to him breath. My fingers dance along the skin of his collar bone and jawline. Gliding across the tanned, sweat-covered skin gracefully.

I stop moving my fingers and I'm about to get off the bed to clean myself up, but Erik sighs, his chest falling as it leaves his lips. "Don't stop." He mumbles peacefully. I smile and let out a soft laugh before tracing his face and jawline soothingly with my fingers. "Mmm, you're amazing." He mumbles, sounding very tired.

I stay silent, my chest hurts. I mustn't be that amazing, or else I wouldn't be that person. You know, the one who has sex with a married man. I'm dreading the day when his wife or one of his kids happen to appear at the doorstep of his apartment.

'Distance between married couples causes less stress.' Is what he told me when I first actually looked at his apartment, wondering where his wife and kids are since there's only one bed. 'You need a new plan, Sir. Because I believe I am here for a reason, am I not?' Is how I responded, quite unaware of how our relationship would increase to.

Six months in a week. Six months. Six months he has been cheating on his wife for another man. I flinch at my thoughts and Erik opens his eyes, looking at me, concerned.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He jumps to questions, sounding like I'm a lost child with a scrape on my knee.

I frown at the thought. He sounds like a father. I squeeze my eyes tightly, nodding and then staying cuddled against his side comfortably.

"Hey, look at me." He gentle holds my chin and kisses my lips. "I love you." He whispers as our lips glide together.

Oh, how I wish these lips were mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
any thoughts?