Cut Me Off

quickie

“What happened here?” Erik concerns, the pad of his thumb glides over the cut just under my right eye. Flinching, I shrink down a bit and look away from him as he continues to cradle my face, his cold fingers gently stinging the wound. “It makes you look cute.” He states without thought and I wince.

“I got hit with a locker at school today.” I lie easily, watching his eyes look at me with disbelief. “Stop that.” I swat his hand away once he applies too much pressure and I close my eye in pain, frowning.

Erik sighs. “Stop lying to me. I know you’re not in school.” I tense and look at him suspiciously.

“Can we change the subject?” I snap, frowning at the man and pulling a sheet over my head stubbornly. “Go to bed.” I grumble, feeling his hand rest on my lower stomach. I roll onto my side and he crawls under the sheets slyly, chuckling eerily behind me. “That tickles, stop it!” I laugh when his cold fingers glide up and down my sides, causing goosebumps to rise on my skin as I squirm and roll onto my back.

Just as Erik begins to straddle my hips, leaning down to capture my lips, the loud tune of his cell phone rings beside us. I roll my eyes and he reaches over the bed to the bedside table to grab the device.

“Hello?” I watch him as he still sits on me, his free hand resting on my chest. “I told you not tonight… Well he can’t stay here, I’m going to bed.” The sad attempt at and excuse has me pushing him away and crawling off the bed, stark naked. I pull on my boxers and begin to get dressed. “Okay, fine!” He shouts into the phone, clenching his jaw. “I’ll be home tomorrow… yes I’ll drop him off at school.” Erik calms instantly. “Bye, love you too.”

I flinch.

I tug the large sweater over my head and sigh, looking over at the naked man who stares at me with a frown. “It’s alright. I have a curfew now anyways.” His eyes light up at the sudden change in rules and he suddenly gets off the bed, still naked, and grabs me gently.

“Are you alright? You’ve been differently lately. Before this, we haven’t had sex in a week and you came over for ten minutes two days ago.” I almost push him away. “What’s going on?”

“Nothing is going on, don’t worry. I’m just… I don’t know.” Sighing, my hand runs through my hair and he purses his lips. “I promise. I’m fine, don’t worry about me. I have to go catch the last bus before I have to walk home and before your son gets here and finds us in a lover’s embrace with you naked.” He cracks a smile and kisses my forehead.

I frown at the simple gesture. Are my lips not good enough these days? “You look like sex, I thought maybe something innocent would do you good.” Erik laughs and I slap his chest and leave his hold to go put on my shoes.

“I’ll call you tomorrow, maybe we can do something for lunch.” Erik smiles, finally putting on some clothes. Slowly, but surely.

I chuckle and look at him, the front door already half-way open. “Like a quckie?” I wink and leave the apartment, laughing to myself as I walk down the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
sometimes i sleep... a lot.