Status: Not Yet.

Getting It Straight

You Don't Understand

"Miss Carver. We need you to speak up if there's something going on at home." Principal Deeder said. Deeder had her arms on the desk and her hands clamped onto each other, being the formal person that she is, she gave me all her attention.

"There's nothing going on Deeder." I lied through my teeth, Principal Deeder is a liar. She acts as if she cares but honestly, she doesn't do shit. Why is she even bothering with me if she doesn't truly give a damn. If she is trying to make herself look good then her efforts are bringing her nowhere.

"Miss Carver, I just want to help you." She said trying to sound sincere.

"Deeder, you care about me as much as you care for a dirty piece of gum stuck on the street's sidewalk." I said with a nasty tone. "You're just doing this because of your job. You don't give a fuck."

She closed her eyes, I smirked. She was trying to calm herself.

"If you'll excuse me, I have to go to class now." I said and made my way out. She didn't dare to speak up or tell me to go back into her room, she knows I'm a lost hope, I know so myself.

~

"Grandma, stop." I said. She didn't.. as always. She kept on hitting me repeatedly. I felt each smack go barreling down on me. My arms stung, my hair roots hurts, and legs bruised. It all hurts.

"Please." I said.

"You're a fuckin piece of shit. What are you doing with your life? Why the fuck do I keep getting these mother fuckin calls from the school? Huh?" She screamed. "Get out of my face. I don't want to see you right now. You disgust me."

Tears fell and I did what was told, I stood up and started out the door. I grabbed my backpack swiftly and ran out. I ran and ran until the house was a mere dot. My legs were bruised, there were some cuts around my body but that's it. Nothing I didn't have before. I started walking when my body gave out from running. I stopped at a bench.

I sat down and unzipped my backpack. I got out my hoodie and wore it on. Then I laid my backpack down on the bench and moved my body to lay on the bench. It ached so bad that I winced and groaned as I put my body on the hard cold bench. I laid my head down on the lumpy backpack and turned to face outwards on the lookout in case anyone comes. I was tired from the tears so I closed my eyes telling myself that I'd open them again in five minutes.

~

I felt someone touching me, I opened my eyes wide open and sat up quickly.

The guy jumped back. I looked carefully at him and I began to realize who he was.

"Jude?" I asked.

"Hey Kristyn…" He said trying to give a smile. I scowled at him.

"What do you want?" I asked with contempt in my voice. "Why are you here?"

"Nothing… just… You're hurt." He exclaimed.

"No shit Sherlock." I said and started dusting myself but when I moved my arm I groaned in pain.

God, that god damn awful woman really struck it this time around.

"Hey. Be careful." Jude said and reached out for me but I slapped his hand away and then I groaned with pain again.

"Can you not? Perv." I said.

"I'm not a perv Kristyn. We've been going to the same school with each other since we were five. I know you."

"You don't know me." I said and stood up. I swung my backpack onto my shoulders but it felt as if rocks struck my arm. I groaned intensely at the pain it gave.

"Okay, you need to come with me." Jude said.

"No. Who do you think you are?" I asked angrily.

"I'm a person trying to help you." He said.

"Well I didn't ask for your help and I sure as well don't need it." I said as I started on my way but I ended up falling because I tripped by missing a step on the curb down. I groaned as I hit contact with the floor, I took heavy breaths to keep myself from crying. I felt pathetic.

"I don't care… I'm not taking no as an answer. You need medical attention." He said and grabbed me up. I tried hitting him but it hurt me more than what I was giving him. I gave into him eventually, my struggles didn't seem to effect him in any way.

He started trying to help me onto his bike.

"Why are you doing this Jude… don't you have anything better to do like studying at the library or something?" I asked him as he put me on his bike. And by bike, I mean not a badass motorcycle, but an electric eco-friendly two seater bike that his mom and him built when he was 13… it was in the newspaper as being environmentally friendly.

"It's 12 in the morning. I just came from a study session." He said smartly. I scoffed. Typical nerdy Jude. He then started his bike and we were on the road now. I questioned why I didn't hop off, I mean I was already bruised up, might as well have an excuse for tomorrow. The sudden bump on the road galloped my body in the air slightly causing me to place my hands around his body out of basic instincts. I stayed like that as I looked off to the side… where is he taking me? Is he taking me back? The old woman wouldn't want to be looking at me yet. She'd probably throw a couple more slaps and punches in tonight if I gone back right now. I didn't want to talk to him but I had to say it.

"Don't take me back." I said, I hoped he heard me. I hoped he understood what I meant.

"Okay." He said loud enough so I could hear.

Something in me eased down. My eyes were tired again and soon enough I closed them again. It became one of those moments where you were asleep but somehow you were aware of your surroundings. I was aware of the wind blowing through my hair. I was aware of the bumps on the road. I was aware of the street lights that shone. And then I was aware of the warm shoulder my cheek laid upon. But the thing was I wasn't really there, I was somewhere entirely different.