Status: Not Yet.

Getting It Straight

I'm screwed

When I came back to the Clare's, Daisy and Mr. Clare hugged me.

It caught me off guard since I would think they would punch me or scream at me for leaving, but instead, they lectured me on how indecisive it was and that they were worried sick…. they almost had to call the police.

"Don't ever do that again." Daisy said and went in for another hug. I pat her back carefully and then she released me.

"Don't worry about anything. We're your home now." said Mr. Clare.

"Don't you guys need the right paperwork from the government to allow me to live here?" I asked.

"Oh, Kristyn. When I mentioned your name, the government handed me a free pass because of the past record of your family." Mr. Clare said in a non-sensical way. "It's if you want to live with us." Mr. Clare asked. I ignored his question because something else struck out to me more.

"Wait… so you know everything?" I asked feeling my lungs choke up.

They nodded. I swallowed the lump inside my throat.

"So you know, that I am not going to amount to much, right?" I asked hurt and feeling ashamed.

"Honey. Don't say that." Daisy said coming to me. She wrapped her arm around me. It was weird because of how comforting it felt and to why she would even touch a whore.

"Don't say that Kristyn. You are something." Jude reassured me.

I shook my head, "Even if, I can't do anything about it now. It's already halfway through my junior year of high school… I'm failing everything…" I said. "I'm useless."

"There are so many alternatives, dear." Daisy assured me more as she rubbed my arm.

"In the meantime, you just have to try your best." Mr. Clare said.

"And I can help you." Jude offered. I nodded.

I looked at them, my eyes felt wet.

What is going on?

What is this feeling?

My heart was beating in a slow pace.

I couldn't breathe… everything inside my body shook.

"I'm tired." I said.

"Yes, it's pretty late. Goodnight then." Daisy said and I ran up the steps to the room… or my room.

I closed the door shut and I put my back on the door. The door was cold, so it basically cooled me down.

My eyes were closed, I almost feel asleep sitting with my back to the door until Jude knocked.

"Hey, can I come in?" He asked.

I groaned, "I'm trying to sleep." I stood up.

"Oh. Okay. Goodnight then." He said. I sighed, I felt bad.

Wait… I felt bad?

No. I can't feel bad.. this is not like the big deal of me living off the Clare's… I was just rejecting Jude, and I feel bad.

What the fuck is going on?

I opened the door quickly, "Wait." I said. Jude was only a step away so when he stopped and turned around, he was really close to me.

"Hey." He said giving a shy smile.

"What do you want?" I asked him straight to the point.

"Oh, just wondering if you were feeling better." He said.

"Yea. I'm fine… just tired." I claimed.

"Okay, that's good. Earlier, it seemed as if you weren't breathing."

I wasn't.

"Wow… you were staring at me again? Lover boy?" I asked with a teasing grin.

His pale face blushed again, but this time, the hall light allowed me a better look.

"I.. uhh… no… um.. well." He stuttered.

I smirked, "It's okay… I understand how you feel." I leaned against the door and crossed my arms.

"Really?" He asked, shocked.

"No." I said shaking my head. I giggled. When I caught myself in the act, I slapped my hand over my mouth. "Shit."

"Goodnight." I said straightly and slammed the door shut.

"It's cute when you giggle." He teased on the other side of the door and I heard him close his bedroom door.

I groaned. He's a devil inside an angel's body… that boy.

~

"What's the cycle of Mitosis?" Jude asked.

Jude was helping me with Biology. Because of how stupid I was, I am taking Biology my Junior year, stuck with all the sophomores and freshmens.

Lately, things have been… peaceful.

Every morning, Jude would ride me to school.

I'd sit alone often but lately Jude has been sitting at my table, he's kind of a bubble popper.

"I always see you eating alone… eating alone is lonely." He said and gave me his smile that had a grin with every tooth that sparkled. I couldn't argue with him because somehow, I couldn't. I shouldn't. So far, I trust him with my life.

Then, when his after school club meeting was over, we would ride home and he would help me with my homework.

I've been improving… I got my first B- on my Bio test.

Trust me, it's a work in progress.

Deeder stopped bothering me with her unannounced office meetings and Kevin and Grey's relationship is done for. Apparently, therapy really helped some people.

People still looked at Jude and I, and they still spread rumors.

Nicole Peterson: "I heard they're dating now."

Nicolette Anders: "She's totally pregnant… she got poor Jude in a leash."

Davis Wachowski: "I heard she's so good in bed that Jude there couldn't let her go… I mean look at him. He got lucky."

I rolled my eyes at all of them, none of them were as amusing as they were before.

"Good. You're done. Do you need help on anything else?" Jude asked staring at me.

I couldn't help but look into his dark blue eyes behind his glasses.

I honestly think his glasses make him look extremely sexy and that stubble he's growing… wait… what am I thinking?

"Uh… no. I'm good. Can I sleep now? I'm super tired." I said with a rushed tone.

"Uhh. Okay. If you need anything just ask." He said as he grabbed his things.

I sat there watching him.

I liked how I could see the muscles in his arm when he moved, even if he was wearing a long sleeve, they were still that noticeable.

He then looked back at me and came closer.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "What are you doing?"

"This." He said and placed his hand on the side of me. I stared deeply into his eyes now.

He then pulled back fast and pulled up with a pencil in his hand. The pencil was behind my ear.

"Okay. Goodnight." He said and stood up and went out the door.

"Yea…" I shut the door and locked it. I went to bed and laid my head on the pillow…

I really wanted him to kiss me…

Shit… I'm screwed. This is beyond wrong.