‹ Prequel: Nothing Personal
Sequel: Just The Way I'm Not
Status: Complete! Jack's story coming soon! --->

Lost In Stereo

Chapter Two

Flyzik and Colussy decided to interrupt our dance party at the worst possible moment. But Alex really didn’t care that much. He hadn’t seen them basically since the tour. After he had left to go bring Zo home he had been busy trying to help get her room ready. When she had said yes after he had kissed her, he had immediately started planning everything in his head.

He called Jack a while later to tell him that Zo was coming home with him and he acted like a smart ass and claimed he knew she was going to come home with him. But he helped out anyway and by the time they came back a week later, Jack had everything ready. The spare room he used to keep his music was cleared out and shoved into his room and all the furniture cleared of anything that Alex had been keeping in there.

He had even stuck around to help Zo move in, and then ended up not even leaving afterwards. Not that Alex minded, he and Jack usually lived at each other’s places when they were off tour but he liked to screw with the guy. He was his best friend after all; he had to mess with him every now and then. Well he messed with the boy a lot. But he did it out of love, and it wasn’t as if Jack was totally innocent when it came to screwing around with each other. He was just as bad, maybe even worse.

Zo was still hiding behind him as they all went to the living room to sit down. Jack had turned off the music once Flyzik and Colussy showed up and they all exchanged hellos and Alex introduced Zo to them. They were after all, there to meet her.

“So, you’re Zooey?” Colussy asked as he sat on one of the chairs.

The couch had all of Jack’s pillow and crap on it and Zooey and Alex just threw it all on the floor and sat down and Alex couldn’t help but love the fact that when they sat Zooey came a little closer to him. He just wanted to kiss her again. But he was nervous that he would screw it all up, he didn’t think he could handle that.

“Yes, it’s nice to meet you both. Alex has told me a lot about you.” She replied and Alex glanced at Jack and they both shared an amused look. He knew that Zooey was saying that to be nice but all the stories they had on their tour managers weren’t one’s that you told your mother about.

Alex sighed as he shared a look with Flyzik as Colussy continued to talk to Zo. He knew that Flyzik wasn’t exactly happy about this, but what could he do? They had to find someone before Colussy left. Unfortunately for their assistant tour manager, his time working with All Time Low was coming to a close and they needed to find someone to replace him. That’s where Zo came in.

She had been a manager at the two jobs she had had and done a great job at it. She would be perfect. Flyzik was just being an ass because he didn’t want to see Colussy go and didn’t like change. But it had to happen. Flyzik shouldn’t have to do his job alone. After all these years, the tour manager’s job had gotten busier and busier and it was too much stress to do it alone.

“So what are you guys thinking? Are you going to give Zo a shot?” Alex asked as the front door opened and Rian and Zack walked in.

“Oh shit, are we interrupting something?” Rian asked when he saw that Flyzik and Colussy were there too. Colussy just shook his head and gestured for the guys to join them while Flyzik still stayed quiet.

Zack and Rian sat on the only couch left and gave a curious glance to Zo. This was their first time meeting her too. Alex hadn’t had anyone over since Zo moved in so she could get used to her new surroundings before she met the rest of their crazy group.

Zack took a breath probably feeling the weirdness going on and knew that he should break the silence. “So what’s going on? You’re Zooey right? Alex’s new roommate?”

Zooey blushed and nodded, “yeah, but everyone calls me Zo.”

“Zo it is then,” Rian said with a charming smile as he introduced himself and Zack.

Alex met her eye and gave her an encouraging smile. At least the other half of their band was taking Zo better than Flyzik was. Colussy seemed fine with her and Alex hoped that the rest of the crew would be ok with it too. Everyone loved Colussy and was really upset about him leaving. He was moving though and he had to. Everyone was just going to have to deal with it.

Flyzik cleared his throat and Alex looked over to him nervously. Anything could happen at this point and Alex didn’t know if Flyzik was actually going to let her try or not. “Alright, she’ll come for the small tour we’re doing in a week and determine what’s going to happen before the UK tour. Zo you’ll be shadowing Colussy and getting to know the ropes and when the tour’s over I’ll let you know.”

“Thanks Matt, I really appreciate it.” Zo said as Flyzik gave her a small smile and she blushed. Rian and Zack gave Flyzik a confused look and he rolled his eyes and explained what was going on. Rian seemed genuinely happy about it and even congratulated Zo and she just blushed more.

“Hey, Alex when did you get that?” Zack asked as he pointed to something behind them and they all turned to see the new picture hanging above the couch.

Zo blushed more as Alex smiled happily to the bassist. “Zo took that, isn’t she amazing? She’s a great photographer.” He explained smiling proudly at the newest art work hanging in the living room.

It was a photo of the harbor in Duluth on a giant hill looking down on the boats and water and the sun setting in the background. It was breathtaking and when Alex had first seen it he knew that he needed to steal it from her. Zack was instantly interested in the piece and began talking to Zo about technique and cameras and all that crap that Alex didn’t understand. But he noticed that Zo was loosening up a little and reminded himself to thank Zack for that. He was just glad that everyone, besides Flyzik at the moment, was taking Zo coming on tour with them well.

They actually seemed a little excited about it. Even though they weren’t going to be able to do half the things they usually did. Then he remembered to have a chat with Jack about no nudity on that tour. He didn’t want to scare Zo off before she officially even got the job. She would never want to stick around after that. And he wanted her around for a long time.

“Aleeeeeeeeeex,” Jack whined. He knew that whine. That was his ‘I’m hungry but too lazy to get off my ass and make something’ whine.

“Yes Jack?” Alex asked even though he already knew what was coming. And sure enough, he started complaining about how his stomach needed food and how he was going to pass out if he didn’t make him something soon.

Rian turned to Alex with a smile, “Aleeeex! I am too! Make me a sandwich!”

“Shouldn’t Flyzik or Colussy do it? They are our tour managers after all. They need to take care of us.” Alex replied as all eyes turned to the boys. Flyzik just rolled his eyes and Colussy flipped them off.

“See what you’re going to have to deal with Zo? They’re diva’s 24/7 and whine all the time. You still have time to back out.” Colussy said with a small smile and Zo returned it.

“Nah, it’s fine. I can make them something. Besides, I have two brothers; I know a little something about diva’s.” She gave a small sad smile and Alex knew that she was thinking about Do. It had only been about a month and she seemed to be doing better, but he knew she was still hurting.

The only thing Jack heard was the part about food and instantly started to go on and on about Zo’s cooking. Alex had to agree, the girl was a good cook. He didn’t know if it was just because she had to do the cooking all the time because her mother had never been home or if it was a natural talent, but at that point Alex didn’t really care. All he wanted to do was eat something yummy that Zo made.

She got up and headed to the kitchen and Alex followed her so they could have a moment alone. Besides, he wanted to help her and spend some time with her. Even though they had been living together, they barely had any time together like they used to. They weren’t able to talk in their heads anymore because of the distance but whenever he went to the grocery store or a mile or so away, she came back.

It was hard to get used to the fact that she was there in the flesh and not in his head anymore. But he was starting to like it better. He could finally see her and hear her giggle out loud instead of always in his head and he loved it. Soon he was going to maybe even forget that she even used to be in his head.

“So chef, what’s on your mind?” Alex asked as he watched Zo go to the fridge and start to rummage through it.

“Well, let’s see if we can even find something. You have horrible shopping habits!” She replied as he rolled his eyes and started to go through the pantry. “Hey can you grab me some noodles? I’m thinking about spaghetti.”

Alex grabbed the things she needed and then walked back into the kitchen and smile to her as he set the things down. She turned to look at him and gave a shy smile as he noticed that she was glancing at his lips. She was biting her bottom lip, she smiled slightly and he was about to lean forward to press her lips to his when someone called Alex.

“Yeah what?” He asked with the edge of annoyance in his voice as he gave her an apologetic look and glanced over to where the rest of the guy were coming over to the kitchen.

“Ok, what can I do?” Jack asked as he stood next to Zo as she began to pour water into the pot. Alex met Jack’s eye and caught the sympathetic look his best friend gave him knowing what had just been about to happen. He just shrugged and continued grab the things Zo listed.

“Um why don’t you just sit at the table and keep me company.” Zo replied knowing what a disaster it would be if she let Jack help out.

“Good girl Zo, you’ve learned early not to let Jack help out in the kitchen. It’s always a disaster when he does!” Zack said and everyone laughed.

“Alex, you’re so whipped,” Flyzik said as Alex glanced over to the tour manager and rolled his eyes. Well at least he was cracking jokes, that always meant that he was lightening up a little. Hopefully he would like Zo.

Alex went back to doing whatever Zo asked him and Zack and Colussy came to help too. Zack continued to talk to Zo about photography while Jack kept complaining about wanting to help too. Alex finally had enough of his whining and let his wash the tomatoes that Zo was going to put in the sauce.

When she finished a while later, Jack had already set the table and Alex and Colussy helped her carry the food out to the small table. It was a table for four and with seven people there but somehow it worked. Alex had made a point to put Zo between Jack and him so she felt a little more comfortable.

“You’ve won them over,” Alex whispered into her ear as the boys continued to go on and on about her food. Her cheeks turned red at the compliment. “Seriously, with these guys, you can always win them over with food. Just remember that. Flyzik even lightened up a bit.”

“Alex what are you whispering to your girlfriend?” Rian asked as Alex felt himself blush. But he quickly covered it by flipping the drummer off and avoiding Zo’s eye contact. He knew she was just as red as he was.

Why the hell did his band mates have to be so blunt? They hadn’t even gone any farther than a small kiss a few weeks ago. They had been so busy that they didn’t even have time to discuss where they were at let alone about dating.

Zack picked up on their embarrassment and started to distract Zo and Jack gently nudged Alex and he turned to his best friend. Jack just gave a small smile telling him it was ok and to just ignore them. He gave a small nod and knew he had to distract himself so he got up and started to clear the plates.

“Um no, you’re sitting this one out.” Alex said as he saw Zo stand up to help him. He caught her eye for the first time since Rian’s comment and gave a small smile. “You made this amazing meal, Colussy and Flyzik can help me clean up.”

Colussy scoffed, “Like we don’t clean up after you guys enough during tour. Now we have to at your house too?” But he got up anyway and started to help along with Flyzik.

Rian, Zack, and Zo went back to the living room while they cleaned and once they were done they joined them in the random conversation they were having. It was mostly the guys asking Zo about different things about her. Her age, school, hometown, and family. Basically everything, and that was how they spent the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeahy! Zack and Rian are amazing! There will be much more of the band and crew added to this story since the situation sort of calls for it since Zo is going to be shadowing Colussy. And please don't hate me for getting rid of Colussy and making Flyzik to come off as a jerk. He'll lighten up, I swear!

I hope you guys like this so far and thanks for the comments and subscriptions! Next chapter up tomorrow! =D