Moments

One Thing

I hate moving. The driving part especially. Its like your searching for something that you want to find... but you always find the same things. Cheerleaders, Jocks, Nerds, and Bullies. I don't know what makes my mom think this time will be different.

My mom's old white wagon stumbled clumsily through the streets of Mullingar in search of our new 'home.' The 'home' that will make us whole again. Her pale hands gripped the steering wheel tightly as we slowly made our way down Ardleigh Vale and up to our new driveway. She took a relieved sigh and closed her eyes for a second to regain her composure. She wasn't too fund of driving.

A couple of years ago, my parents had been coming home from an office party. It was late, and my dad was tired so my mom drove. Unfortunately, she was tired too. They ran off the road..my mom survived..my dad... didn't. Ever since then we've been on the road a lot. Ironically enough.

Both my sister and I sat there silently, giving her the moment that she needed. I spent the time examining the contours of my palms and trying to keep my eyes dry.

Soon enough she looked back at us and smiled.
"Are you girls excited?" she asked, pulling the keys out of the ignition and handing them to my sister, Danice.Danice smiled, opening the car door and hurrying toward the front door to open it for the movers. I rolled my eyes.
"Sure I am mother..." I growled, already upset about moving again, but now also upset about, that stupid night. I grabbed my things, slammed the car door open and rushed out, so fast that I bumped into whatever had been in my way.

"Woaah," a male voice said, kind of chuckling as he caught me before I fell," Slow down." His Irish accent was strong.

I was about to tell him that he had no place telling me what I should and should not do especially since he didn't know didlysquat about me, but then I looked up- and found myself staring into the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen on anyone.

His eyes were so amazingly blue..ugh.. blue like freaking Papa Smurf chillin' in a Jamaican coast blue so I found myself staring into them for quite a while- Until I caught myself and managed the squeeze out,
" Oh..uh.. yeah.. i'm sorry,"
He nodded and smiled, 'It's okay no harm done."
His blue eyes glanced back behind me and I turned to see what he was staring at. The movers were bringing in the beds.

"You're moving in here?!" he said excitedly, staring me right in the eyes. I got flustered.

"Um.. I uh.. yeah.. my mom.. we lust.. i mean! just..we just-"

My mom saved me.

"Hey there," she greeted him, putting a hand out for him to shake, "I'm Emma. We just moved in here."

He reached for her hand and smiled a small smile ," I'm Niall, I live next door." he said, letting go of her hand and reaching down for the soccer ball I hadn't noticed that I had made him drop.

"Nice to meet you," my mother said smiling, " Come on, Emily," she said, turning her attention to me, " Come help unpack."

Even thought I was tongue tied, I managed to mutter, "Bye," as we turned around and headed toward the front door of our new house.

My mom was laughing from the time we got inside, "What was that?" she giggled, shoving me softly.

"What was what?" I asked back, playing dumb.

"You seemed a bit interested in him," my sister joined in smiling. Interested? In a boy? A boy that I may never see again after Thursday with a mother like mine? As if.

Friends are hard enough to break up with, let alone people you're 'interested' in.

"You guys are ridiculous," I said, practically running away from them, " I get first pick of the rooms, by the way," I yelled when I was at the top of the staircase.

I hurried into the first room I saw and plopped onto the bed, closing my eyes. Interested? Please. We ALL remembered what happened last time I had those kind of thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey you guys. Thanks for reading :) Comment/ rate? <3