Moments

Curtains

I opened my eyes and squinted at the sun then moaned and rolled over. I should have put some curtains up. I sat forward and and ran my hands through my hair. Sleeping with jeans on? Bad idea.
I reached over to search some of the boxes piled up on the floor, until I found something that looked a bit like a curtain.

I was about to put it up to the windows when my mom hopped into my room.

"What are you doing?" she asked, watching me line up the curtain with the window.

"Hanging up a curtain," I said, like if it was perfectly obvious. She stepped closer to me, laughing.

"Has Niall made you a bit loopy?" she teased, opening out the curtain until it looked just a bit like..a.. "That's a shirt."

I blushed, "Mooom! Stop it!" I pushed past her and out of my room as she kept laughing. My mother.

I bounced down the staircase, driven my the smell of scrambled eggs and toast. MMM my favorite. I plopped down on one of the dining room chairs, just as mom skipped down the stairs with Danice.

"Morning," she mumbled, as he took her seat and started moving her eggs in circles around her plate.

"Hey," I greeted back, shoving a forkful of eggs into my mouth.

"So do you girls have all your things ready?" Mom asked as she took a dish wrapped in aluminum foil out of the fridge.

"What's that?" I asked, just as soon as my sister asked, "Ready for what?"

My mom looked down at the thing in her hand, " Mrs. Gallagher, our neighbor, passed by to drop this off and welcome us to the neighbor hood." she said smiling at me, "Niall's mom."

My sister chuckled and I shoved another forkful of eggs into my mouth groaning, "Shut up."

"For what?" Danice asked again, suddenly remembering her question," What should we be ready for?"

My mom looked up at us confused, "For school. Oh! And that reminds me, Miss Gallagher said that she could drive you over to school today. So hurry up, they'll be here at 7." I glanced over at the wall clock. It was 6:34.

"Mom!" I yelled, standing up, but biting off the last piece of my toast," It's half 6!"
She nodded, "Well hurry up then."

I walked towards the stair, looking back and noticing Danice was already up and behind me, her plate completely full. This girl confused the shit out of me.

I wore my curtain shirt. It was blue plaid with a tie for around the waist. My jeans were pretty normal, there were a couple of holes on it that I figured could pass for a style. It had actually torn a couple of weeks ago when I fell down the steps at my old school and snagged it against the railing.

I ruffled through the boxed again, looking for sneaker and school books. I found them slid the shoes on,and stuffed the books in my bag. I was passing a comb through my hair, just when the door bell ring.

He was here.

I mean...they were here.

When I got downstairs, my mom handed us each a slice of Miss Gallagher's pie wrapped in foil and some money for lunch, before sending us out toward the door.

My fingers were getting sweaty again and the butterflies had began their now, so frequent wing exercises.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's an inside joke in this one. Comment or message me if you got it. :)