The Missing Soul

Chapter 4

As I got up to go get the mother, my head screamed with pain and I immediately fell to my knees. The girl in the bed cried out also, ignoring the cords connecting her to the machine, she jumped down. “Are you okay??!!” Teresa jump at both of us then. “Brittani please back in the bed, take this and press it on that.” I looked down and i saw my hand bleeding, the IV that’s where the IV had been…. “Jace are you okay? What happened?” I heard everything that Teresa said but my eyes not once strayed from Brittani’s face. “I just had a spell, can you go get her mother? I think I’m going to stay sitting.” The nurse had just arrived and was sopping the blood that came from the girls wrist. She tried her best not to winced but it seems the pain she didn’t feel a minute ago was now excruciating, like the change… I pushed the thought away. I looked at the nurse, then at Teresa. I guess my meaning rang true because Teresa went to the nurse giving her the instructions to get Brittani’s mom from the cafeteria and bring her here. The nurse left and Teresa took her spot and started dotting at the blood that went down her arm. “Jace, please explain to my mom.” Exhaustion pushed and she closed her eyes and fell asleep. “Can you heal it?” I watched her face as she stared at the cut. “ I think so, it shouldn’t be that hard its just a small cut. Will you please tell me what’s going on? Your not acting like yourself.” I closed my eyes and tried to reason it out for myself. It wasn’t that easy that I couldn’t just have an answer. “She’s special, I don’t know exactly how but its true. I feel her with my gift more than any other and her blood doesn’t lull me into having to leave the room. When she started bleeding, it wasn’t that I wanted her blood it was more…. I’m sorry Teresa I can’t explain it.” I watch Brittani’s sleeping form, she whimpered slightly but not even loud enough Teresa to hear. I look at Teresa she is obviously having a little trouble healing the cut but refuses to let it show. “Are you okay?” I ask and try to not let my smugness show. “I don’t know why but I cant get through to her to heal her.” Please heal her, there has to be a way please Princess let her be healed.
“Call to her she’s to tense, the healer has no power unless she calms down. It‘s you who has the power to heal her.”
“Teresa, can you move, please? I want to try something.” I move and take Teresa’s place. Instead of paying attention to the cut, I attune everything to the girl on the bed. My heart jumps as I begin to sense her, slowly at first then utterly and completely. She’s a whirlwind of emotions and slowly one by one I calm them down, then concentrate on Teresa. I feel her power and push myself to channel it through me, slowly the cut begins to heal.