Status: new c:

Porcelain

What Blonde Hair You Have.

As her mother approached the car, her shoulders began to tense up. She was worried about what her mother would say to her. She was lying to herself if she thought her mother was going to yell, though, not once in her entire life had she ever heard her mother's voice raised.

Hearing the car door slam quickly took her away from her thoughts, and allowed her to get back to real life. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Her mother asked with a loving tone in her voice, seriously speaking to her daughter. "Olive, I'm okay with whatever you choose, I just want you to be sure..."

Olive thought for a moment, thinking of all the possibilities, and then she nodded.

Her mother turned on the car, with nothing else to talk of they were both left alone to their thoughts.

It was, at the most, a ten minute drive to the nearest CVS. Olive unbuckled her seatbelt, along with her mother, and they walked in together. There were fewer than ten people in the building, but Olive could still feel the stares. Her long blonde hair was barely showing from beneath the purple knitted hat that she wore, but she still felt as if people noticed.

"Is this the kind that you want?" Olive's mother called from a few isles away, drawing her attention over. She was holding up a box of Nice n' Easy foam hair dye, it was a chocolate brown; the exact color that Olive had wanted.

she nodded, never really in the mood to talk.

After that, everything seemed to pass so slowly; checking out, the drive home, everything. But what seemed to take the longest was actually dying her hair. Olive sat on the toilet seat for an hour with her hair pulled up in a shower cap. Her mother was staring at her hair, the way the bright blonde took to the chocolate brown.

"I just want you to know, even if it doesn't look right to you, you'll always be beautiful." Olive let out a sigh at her mother's words, she had to say that, she was her mother.

In the hours time of waiting, Olive's thoughts moved towards a different direction. She thought of tomorrow, her first day of school in a new city. Part of her was excited, and the other part was terrified; Olive just could decide which feeling was more dominant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter.
Pretty short, sorry... They'll get longer soon.
Please tell me if you think I should continue.
Comment/subscribe, please.
Baii.