Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

A Tragic Day- Edward's POV

Another dull, rainy day, well night, in Forks. I wish I could sleep and see her face. I wonder if I should go to Bella and see how she is.

I climbed her window quite stealthly, as usual, and like usual, her window was unlocked. I layed beside her. She smelled sweet as usual, which meant I had to resist her for yet another night.

Hours passed as she tossed and turned in her sleep. She looks so beautiful when she sleeps. She has no thoughts to cloud her flawless features.

"Good Morning, Bella."

"Edward!" She threw her arms around me. "What are you doing here?"

"Aren't I always here fro you when you wake up?"

"Yeah, but I though you weren't to come since Charlie and I were leaving this morning and we said our good-byes last night."

"Well, I'm here for one final good-bye!"

I pressed my lips to hers and fell into temptation. As usual, she put her arms around me and lost control. I didn't stop her this time, knowing I won't see her for a couple of weeks. She was going to see her mother in sunny Jacksonville, Florida. After the ksiss continued for a few short seconds, I held her until Charlie's yelling for Bella sent me to hide in her closet just before he opened the door.

"Bella," he whined, "get up and hurry. We have to get you to the airport before your plane leaves. You have ten minutes to get ready.

She came to the closet and hugged me for atleast four of the ten minutes she had. She rushed to the bathroom to brush her teeth and get dressed. She had one minute left ehrn she cam eback to the room with me sitting in the usual spot- her rocking chair. She smiled. I handed her her bags that I helped her pack last night.

Charlie yelled fro her again. She put her head down and smiled.. She gave me a quick hug and kiss.

"Be safe. I love you, Bella."

"I will. Love you, too!" she said before running out her room. I looked at her from her upstair's window, Charlie not noticing, pressing my hand to the glass. I sighed and turned for her bedroom door, slowly walked down the stairs, and walked out the back door.

It was still gray outside, so I decided to walk home, something I rarely did. When I was out of site of humans, I ran home.

I came home to Alice's sobbing eyes. She hugged me, and I looked at her strangely.

"I tried...calling you...but..." she said through tears,"but you...wouldn't... pick ...up." She went into convulsions again, crying hysterically.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Bella."

I froze. "What happened?"

"I saw...it...ten minutes...before you...entered. I thought...maybe..I could...call you...in time," she continued to sob.

"What did you see?" I siad through gritted teeth.

"I'm...sorry. There was a...crash...Bella..." She dropped to the floor, me with her. I felt numb.

"She's..." not needing to finish my sentence.

"Yes," she continued to sob.

I ran out the house and headed for my Volvo. I heard sirens and shrieks; I sped ahead of them. The ambulance, though, beat me there. They were just hulling her out of Charlie's car.

I saw her limp body there, dead. Why didn't I change her when she wanted me to? She would be alive right now if I did. Tears welped up in my eyes and opened my car door. I walked toward her body. They covered her body as catiously walked over to her. Her hand fell; it was limp. They looked at me, an apologetic look, as they saw the tears run down my face.

She was gone for sure this time. It wasn't a misunderstanding like before, when I thought she had died.

I slumped my home. Hating myself for not doing anything. Carlisle was there, waiting for me, as I entered the house. He hugged me, and I cried uncontrollably. I was going back to the Volturi.

At that point, Alice walked in. "No, not again," she said. " You can't go back there."

Carlisle looked at me and grimaced. "No, Edward."

"I can't live without her!"

"Fine! Three months, if you don't get over it by then, do what you want."

"I'm not going to get over her!"

"Three months, please."

"Fine!" I shouted through gritted teeth.