Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

The Conversation

As I headed down stairs, Uncle Charlie stopped me.

"Where are you goin'?"

"Out for a drive. My dream has me rattled, I need to take a drive to help clear my mind," I sniffed as if the dream would have made me cried and it actually worked.

"Okay, don't be long."

"I won't. I promise."

***
Damn I can't remember how to get there. Where is that turn? Maybe I should've waited until the sun came up some. Oh well, I'm almost there. Okay found the turn. I hope they are up. The lights are on? Hmph. Why are their lights on? Who cares as long as they are up and I don't have to wake anyone up.

I turned off the car and stepped out. The walk seemed longer than usual. I finally got to the door. I knocked and waited for someone to answer.

A gorgeous figure appeared at the door. It looked as if it would be Edward's brother. In a kind, subtle voice he said, "Hello, can I help you?"

I stared blankly at him, like a mystified baby looking at a dangling toy for the first time. He said hello a few more times before i could finally answer.

"O..o...oh. I...I'm sorry. I'm looking for," I swallowed at his name, "for Edward."

He looked at me strangely, as if sizing me up, " Yes, you are Bella's cousin right, Amberlynn correct?"

"Lynn, everyone calls me Lynn. Sorry, that it's so late. It's really important," I said noticing my English accent coming out from being so nervous.

"Oh, yes. Sorry," he said nodding.

"Oh, don't be sorry," I told him, feeling a little uneasy. I noticed Edward coming down the stairs, looking as spectacular as usual, looking untouched by fatigue. He froze when he caught sight of me.

"Hello," he said looking puzzled. He descended from the stairs so gracefully. The way he moved looked as if he was gently floating above the floor.

"Umm.. Hi," I said, yet again feeling uncomfortable.

" What are you doin' here?" he asked apprehensively.

I lowered my voice, " We need to talk."

"O.k., about what?' he asked mimicking my low voice.

I raised my voice realizing how stupid I sounded, "Something really important, maybe something to do with what Bella knew and did.'

His face got serious, "OK, we can talk upstairs.'

The house was huge, he lead me to the other side of the house. As we entered a room, a noticed a few words in Latin: Contra Mundus

"Against the world," I whispered, with my held still high up looking at the saying.

"What?" he asked.

"So, are you against the world, are is the world against you?"

"I haven't figured it out yet."

"It's against me, I know that.."

He smirked, "Now, what about Bella do we need to talk about."

"I think I had her dream this morning."

"What?" he said with his face scrunching up.

" I know, it is weird but..." I cut-off.

"What did yo dream about?"

Then I bluntly blurted out, " What are you?"

He seemed taken back by the question, then straightened out, "What do you mean?"

"I'm sorry. I'm just freaked out about this dream. In her dream you were something."

" I'm sorry, what was I?" he looked as if he was holding back something, not a secret but from actually holding himself back.

I moved toward. Stupid move! He moved away from me.

"What was your dream?" he asked gently.

"I was Bella. Her friend was there. What is his name? Jack or John-"

"Jacob," he said.

'Yeah him. He was there and then he ran into the woods. You were there right after he ran. There was growling coming from the forest and I, well Bella, ran towards you. It was blocking me from getting to you. You and whatever it was were about to fight. Then my uncle woke me up and that was it." I finished flopping my arms in the air then putting them back down.

"And that makes you think I'm a... something?

"Kind of. You move so quick and ... I'm blowing this out of proportion." I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry. It's to early and I'm sorry that I woke your family. I'm going to go now.'

I turned and headed for the door. He beat me to it. I stood in shock.

I pointed to him and then to the wall on the other side of the room where he was. I started mumbling incoherently.

"You were right. I do move fast."

I finally was able to seize control of my mouth, "How?" That is all I could get out.

"You move too slow that's all."

"No i don't!" He laughed at my objection.

"For me you do," he laughed.

"I'm just hallucinating. I'm too tired for this." I shifted around and hit a point on the wall. It was a small point, but never-the-less it was a point that went into my shoulder and got his attention.

He turned around. His were wide and shifted through colors. He went back to his sedated self.

"I know blood don't smell that good, but geez."

"I have a sensitive nose."

"Uh-huh."

I turned around and a big idiot was on top of me. I tried to hit me but the only person I hurt was myself.

"Get off!" I yelled.

"Jasper!" Edward screamed. He pushed him off of me and restrained him.

"What is going on?" I breeze came through Ewdard's room. Carlisle looked at my shoulder. "Come here."

I went to him of course. He looked at my shoulder. That point I ran into was bigger than I thought. My shoulder had a hole in it. The bleeding took a while to stop.

"What was wrong with him back there?" I asked quietly. "Why is blood such a reactant for this family?"

"Maybe because you were right about me being something," he said somewhat ashamed by telling me.

My eyes got big. "I'm sorry. I didn;t mean to pry, well i did but yeah..."

"It's ok. So you know what I am?"

"Only if you want me to know. If you would like me to forget, I will. I'll just put as me not getting enough sleep."

"Thank you, but it's ok. You were close to being family anyway," he tried laughing.

"I'll forget for you."

He nodded.