Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

More nodding

He walked me out the house and stopped me on the stairs down, "I'm sorry for what happened."

"It's ok," I shrugged.

He nodded once more. "I wish you wouldn't have found out this way."

"It's ok. I had my suspicions. It's like Bella is leading me to find out. It's weird."

He nodded. He nods too much.

"Can you do something besides nod, please?"

"I'm sorry. I'm just disoriented, I guess. I hadn't planned to tell anyone else since Bella."

"I understand."

"It caused to much trouble for her. The one cause of death that wasn't supernatural and I couldn't even protect her," he winced with heartache.

"It wasn't your fault. You protected from everything you could possibly can. How would you know that she would die that way?"

"I shouldn't have urged her into seeing her mom one last time. I should've went with her wishes."

"Edward, it is okay. She knew you loved her and would have done anything for her and be her aid."

He looked at me with uncertainty.

"We talked once after she moved out here. All she could talk about was this amazing guy," I sat down on the step; he mimicked my action. "How he was always there for her and did everything for her. She was deeply in love with you."

"I loved her so much. I don't think I could love like that ever again."

"Give it time. Maybe a few decades will go by and someone similar to Bella will come along. If that is at all possible."

"I don't think it is," he sighed.

"Yeah, me either. I'm sorry."

He nodded again.

"I better get going. I told Charlie i wouldn't be long."

He gave a short nod, " Thank you. "

This time, I nodded.

The ride back to Charlie's was a much needed yet confusing one. The events that happened earlier still racked my brain. Finding out that Edward really is a vampire, changed my views about many things. I was back at Charlie's in no time.

He was sleeping again. I walked to Bella's room and layed down.

"Hey," I said as I knew he was sitting in the Bella's rocking chair without looking.

"Hello," he said staley. He seemed so sad.

"Why are you here?"

"I needed familiarity. I used to spend every night here with Bella. Of course, Charlie didn't know. I loved watching her sleep. She was always talking in her sleep. It was most enjoyable."

I laughed, "What was different about her?"

"She was different from everyone else. She smelled sweeter and different, like you but her scent was not as strong as yours. Bella was intriguing. I couldn't read her thoughts like I could everyone else."

My widened and my jaw sort of dropped when he said that as I felt embarrassed by my thoughts.

He laughed, " Don't worry, for some reason I can not read your thoughts either. I wonder why I can't read her and your thoughts. It gets agitating."

"I'm sorry," I said mimicking an offensive voice.

He laughed, "It's ok, I forgive you."

"Oh, thank you so much."

"Anytime. Seriously though, it does bother me sometimes."

"Well, do you have a theory about it?"

"I just no it's something mental. Alice and Jasper's powers worked on her, but I think that is more physically than mentally."

"Um...yeah," I said feeling lost.

"I'll explain later," he reassured me.

I nodded.

"Charlie is getting up. It's already five thirty. We'll talk soon."

"Okay," I waved and layed back down.