Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

An Unsuspected Visitor

I fell back asleep after Charlie left. At least this time I hadn't dreamed; well nothing weird anyway. I only dreamed about home and Aaron. He was my boyfriend when I left. He was the love of my life. I miss him. I might call him after I eat.

I got up to fix breakfast. Bacon. I'll fix some bacon. I fumbled through the fridge til I found it. I put a pan on the stove and turned on the fire. Then I fried some bacon. It was good. I haven't had bacon in a while. I sat there thinking about home. It was warm never cold like it was here except for maybe like three times a year. The warm sun on my face and playing on the soccer field. No, they didn't have soccer here. Oh I have to call Aaron.

I called his cell phone he didn't answer. That was strange. I understand it has been a couple of months he's probably angry. I tried his house phone.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.


"Hello?"

"Hi! Ms. Carolyn?"

"Oh! Hi baby! How you been?"

I laughed. I loved Miss Carolyn. "I'm good. How are you?"

"Oh. Fine, fine. We just miss ya' that's all."

"I know I miss y'all too. I'm sorry I haven't called-"

"Girl don't worry about it. It's OK I understand. Aaron misses you so much."

"I tried calling his cell but he didn't pick up."

"Really? That's funny. Every time the phone rings he jumps up to answer it hoping it's you."

I smiled to myself, "Do you know where's he at?"

"I know he went on a trip with some friends I think," she laughed at herself. "Maybe he doesn't have service. Oh. I gotta go. I'm sorry!"

"It's OK. So do i. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone. Where is he!?

I got up from the table and headed to Bella's room to get dressed. I jumped when I walked in. Edward was sitting there in the rocking chair again.

"Do you ever go home?"

"Yes. We need to finish our conversation."

"I thought we were done."

"No. I just need to give you some precautions."

"Precautions?"

"Yes."

"Okay, go ahead." I started rummaging through my drawers and closet. I also put on the CD player.

"Um.. do you mind if I lower it a bit?"

I glared at him. "No, go ahead."

He lowered it to where I couldn't hear it.

"First of all I'm sorry that you had to find out."

I gave a sure-okay smile and nodded.

"Okay, try to be careful."

"That might be hard," i said sarcastically.

"Please don't ask to become one."

"I wouldn't want to be one. That was Bella's thing. I understand."

"Thank you. Remember that you are always in trouble as long as you decide to hang around me and my family."

"Okay, that's three, anymore?"

"Yes-"

We heard a car door shut and someone calling my name.

"That's not Charlie. It's too early for him to be home, even for lunch," checking my clock, it was only eleven thirty.

We went to my window to see a black Ford F-150 parked outside the house and a boy my age yelling for me.

"Who is that?" Edward asked suspiciously.

"Oh my God," I whispered with my jaw dropped.

I ran down the stairs and into the door. I opened the door to see a 17-year-old man with brown eyes, hair and the beginnings of a beard. His arms were wide open to hug me until Edward came up behind me relaxing is hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off realizing that his smile faded and his face dropped. I ran to him and hugged him.

"AARON!!!!" I hugged him tight as he wrapped his arms around me. Oblivious to the fact that Edward was there, I gave him a kiss. Not just little peck on the lips or a two second kiss, but a real kiss I have been dying to give him. I don't know how long it lasted but Edward interrupted it with the clearing of his throat.

"Sorry," I said quietly. "Aaron this is a friend, my cousin's fiance', well was anyway. Oh, I'm sorry. This is Edward," I held out my hand gesturing to him.

Aaron put out his hand, "Nice to meet you Edward. Aaron Greco." He had shaken Edward's hand vigorously; I guess trying to intimidate him. That didn't work.

"Nice to meet Aaron Greco," Edward said coldly.

Noticing the friction, "How about we go in? It is a bit chilly. "

They both nodded, not taking each other's eyes off one another. No one talked for the first few minutes of sitting down until I decided to ask Aaron what he was doing here?

"So, Aaron? Um... What are you doing here?"

"Um.. Well it is Christmas holidays and since we have time off, I thought I'll come see you."

"Geez, I forgot that it was so close to Christmas."

"Everyone misses you down there. I saw your dad not too long ago, he wished they hadn't let you some up here."

"I haven't talked to them in forever. I'm surprised they haven't called. I guess it's too hard and I haven't. I'm so stupid."

"I missed you a lot. The team wishes you were there. The goalie the have now is awful."

This perked me up, "Who is the new goalie?"

"Some new girl. I have some of the games with me."

"I'm surprised Coach Beasley hasn't had whipped into shape for that position."

"Yeah, me too."

"Let me watch the videos please!!!"

"Here," Aaron said some what reluctant about it knowing how I get when I watch soccer.

They were playing pretty fairly, it can be better. The girl in the goal the is the pits she don't know how to punt correctly and the way she catches. There goes Coach Beasley yelling at her. I know I wasn't the perfect goalie either but geez she makes more mistakes than a, I can't even think of an analogy for that for she was that bad.

"What was that?! They know better than to fall for stupid crap like that!" I yelled.

Aaron seemed amused by my actions as well as Edward.

"Don't bunch up!! Come on Mel get the ball, I know you can! Yes! Goal!!"

Edward was smiling by my enthusiasm for the game. He seemed to be getting into it as well. Aaron never did like soccer, a young childhood experience I assume.

By the end of watching all the season games so far,I was riled up and wanted to play. I also wanted to yell at people.

"How long are you staying up here?"

"Only a few days, I'm staying at a hotel just outside of town."

"I would invite you to stay here but the house isn't that big and there is no extra bedroom."

"It's OK," he gave a weak smile.

Charlie rolled up.

"Who is parked outside?"

"My friend Aaron from Chalmette, Charlie. Sorry I forgot to call you but he showed some of the girl's soccer games and I got into it."

"It's OK. Hey, I'm Charlie Swan," he said as he made his way to the kitchen.

"Lynn, what happened to your arm?"

"Lynn?" Aaron asked quietly. I gave a harsh stare and he shut up.

"I ran into a nail sticking out the wall. I got the nail out for you."

"oh, you OK?"

"Yeah, totally fine."

"Mr. Swan, I'm Aaron Greco," as he was finally able to introduce himself.

He gave him a confused look then straightened out, looking as if he was suspecting him,, "Oh, yes."

Please don't tell me Uncle Charlie knew about this.