Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

My Great Fall

I fell back asleep easily in Aaron's warm arms. I felt horrible about doing this again to Edward. It must have killed him to see Aaron and I lying in the same bed the way he and Bella once had. When I woke up officially, I checked the closet but it was empty. He must have left after we fell back asleep. Aaron was still sleeping, snoring loudly. I went to take a relaxing shower. It felt good.

I ran down stairs afterward to make breakfast. Well that consisted of milk, cereal, a bowl, and a spoon. Yum. I sat on the couch in the living room, thinking about what happened in the last twenty-four hours. I decided I needed a run. A nice run after showering and eating cereal. I quietly walked up the stairs to my room. I grabbed a shirt, a pair of shirts, and my running shoes. I didn't know where I would run. I ran up and down the streets surrounding Charlie's. I came back an hour later, my mind a little clearer. Aaron was up and sitting in the kitchen, looking worried.

"Hey, there you are! Why didn't you wake me? I would have ran with you," he said quickly.

"Sorry. I just needed to clear my mind a little."

"Of what?"

"Just some things. No need to worry Aaron, I promise."

"So what do you want to do today?"

'Um...I don't know. You?"

"Doesn't matter. What ever you want love."

I made a faint smile as he said love. I was not expecting that. I shrugged. "Whatever."

He got up and wrapped his arms around me. I leaned into his chest and sighed. I broke the hug, or i should say the growling from my stomach had. I went to fix a turkey sandwich.

"So how long are you staying out here?"

"A few days. Why? Are you ready to get rid of me so quickly.?"

In shock, I yelled, "NO! Of course not!" He laughed and hugged me again.

"Do you want to go to the movies?"

"I didn't see a movie theater out here."

"It's in Port Angeles. It's not too far from here. I'll drive."

"Okay. What movie are we going to see?"

"Umm... I don't know. We'll figure it out when we get there."

"Sounds good to me."

"I'm going to go change."

As I headed up the stairs, I realized that I did not know what movies are out. I wonder if that Twilight movie came out yet; it looked all right I guess. No, I think that comes out next Christmas. I think there was that Death Race movie. That looked good.

As I walked into my room, I looked around for Edward. For once he was not there. I sighed. I changed slowly, not really noticing what i had put on. I went to freshen up dur to my run. Aaron waited patiently, for he was used to waiting for me. I looked in the mirror and saw someone I did not recognize. She had dark circle under her eyes; her hair was swirls around hair face, sticking in every direction; but her face was horrific besides the dark circles. She had red rimmed eyes, pale as a ghost skin; her lips were pulled down. there was no life to her. I reached up to this face and gasped. I saw my hand's reflection and realized this ghost was me. I guess it was from the lack of sleep; the dreams I had were getting even less relentless and more terrifying. Did Bella have these dreams?

I decided to put on more than just eyeliner; something I barely did. I tried to add color to my cheeks; it did not work out well. I gave up and pulled my hair up into a messy bun and pushed my bangs back with a headband. I headed down stairs and tripped on only the second step I had taken. I fell all the way down. I felt Aaron trying help me up, but my eyes rolled behind my head. I felt a burning sensation in my leg and wrist. I felt something warm trickling down my back. I passed out.

***

I faintly remember waking up in an ambulance, but I just slipped back into unconsciousness. I should have known that Aaron did not know how to get to the hospital. Come to think of it, I don't think I knew really. I woke up with Uncle Charlie next to me and my leg and arm in a cast. I have never broken anything before from falling down stairs. I have never broken a bone in my body ever. Of course it was Dr. Cullen who attended to me. He walked into the room a second after I woke up. I went to raise myself but suddenly felt dizzy. I raised my hand to my head and felt a bandage wrapped around my head. Great. I hate to sound rude, but I felt like a leukemia patient .

"How are you feeling Ms. Roberts?" he asked with most sincerity.

My response was not so pleasant. My glare asked him "Are you serious?" He didn't seem to get the message. "Oh, just great," I said sarcastically. Aaron walked in then.

"I am so sorry. I should have caught you. It just happened so quickly. I -" I cut him off with a of wave my hand.

"It is not your fault. We both know I can't manage to trip over my own two feet for too long," I tried to laugh. "I should have been more careful going down the steps or convince Charlie to install an elevator." I managed a laugh from everyone.

"So much for that movie, huh?" Aaron said with a smile. I gave him a faint smile and laugh.

Against my will, I started to fall asleep. I heard faint mumblings of Dr. Cullen telling Charlie and Aaron that they should leave, and that I needed my rest; he would call them when I woke up. When I did wake up, I was in a different room. I had waken up to Edward.