Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

My Second Fall

Edward was standing over my bed with concern overwhelming his face. I looked at his undeniable beauty and smiled the biggest smile I have ever smiled. I no longer doubted how Bella fell in love with him; it was too easy. He did not return my smile. He looked me up and down, taking in all my concussions. He sighed.

"All of this from falling down a set of stairs?" he asked in a strained voice.

I smiled faintly and shrugged. "Yep. I have never been this hurt in my life. I mean I have fallen down a lot of steps in my life but never a full case. I guess thats why I'm so banged up."

"You fell down an entire flight of stairs?" he asked half stricken.

"Yeah, at Charlie's. I think it is from the lack of sleep and not paying attention."

"Even Bella was not that bad," he laughed. He smiled the most beautiful half smile. This is probably the second reason why Bella fell for him. I laughed along with him after I got over his smile.

"Thanks," I laughed lightly. I sighed afterwards, being a little aggravated with myself.

"Does something hurt? Are you okay?" he asked with concern coming back to his face.

This made me laugh. "Yeah." He looked worried and was about to press the nurse's button when I laughed again. He stopped. "Nothing is wrong physically besides the obvious, but I am aggravated with myself for being so clusmy. Look at me."

He did look at me once again. He took in every bruise, every broken bone; everything. I saw his face shiftt into a solemn mood. I saw remorse in his eyes.

"It's not your fault."

His eyes widened in shock; then they softened, with a smile tugging at their corners. "I thought I was the one who could read minds."

I laughed. "I can't, but I can read faces," I said, stealing a line he said. This made him smile. "How long have I been out?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"All day. You talk even more than Bella in your sleep," he laughed. Not that was unhappy that he is happy, but it does get tiring getting compared to Bella. It is nice, though, to know how much we had in common.

I smiled weakly. "Yeah. That is smothing I have always done. What did I say?"

He hesitated. "Well, there were some names mentioned, a little faint yelling, and something things about home. I think some other things, but I don't really remember. I wasn't paying too much attention at times."

"Whose names were mention?"

"Aaron, Charlie, Jacob; which I thought was odd," then his voice got low. "and mine."

"Whose did I say most often?"

HIs voice got even lower, "Mine."

I blushed. I was trying to remember what I had dreamt. I drew a blank. I got aggravated when that happened.

"It's ok. I have been around a lot more than I should."

"All well. Do you know how long I'm going to be here for?"

"No, I don't. I could go get Carlisle; if you want?"

"It's ok; doesn't matter."

"I'll be right back."

"Okay," I smiled. After the door shut, my stomach growled. I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It was eight thirty. Oh my gosh, no wonder why I was starnvng. An entire day has past, and I hadn't aten since this morning.

Edward was back, with Dr. Cullen trailing him; both of them with a smile on their face. My stomch growled, revealing my hunger, making their smiles even wider.

"I have good news for you, Ms. Roberts," Dr, Cullen said happily.

"What?" I asked, bewildered and excited.

"Only if you do what I tell you."

"Okay. I'll do whatever you tell me."

"You promise."

"I promise," I almost yelled due to my excitement. They both laughed.

"You can go home soon, perhaps even tomorrow-"

"Oh my gosh! Really!" I interrupted.

"Now, you must stay in bed and move as little as possible. You must ask Charlie, Aaron, or Edward-

"Wait? Edward?" I asked confused.

Edward smiled at bewilderance. "Yes. Charlie has work ,and Aaron is only staying for a few more days. So, I will be there to help.'

Excitement rose inside of me, and I smiled. "That sounds fair enough."

"Even Alice is going to help."

"Alice? Oh ok. That is going to be weird. Couldn't I do that myself though?"

"Now, Ms. Roberts, you can't get stand on that leg or use your right wrist, so she is going to have to help you bathe. You can't get your casts wet."

I looked at my casts and suddenly became depressed. "I guess we'll be watching a lot of movies," I smiled. "So maybe tomorrow?"

"Yes, perhaps. I'll have too see how you are doing," Dr. Cullen assured me.

At that time, Charlie and Aaron walked through the door. I suddenly wanted them to go away. I wanted to spend more time with Edward. Aaron looked at him with suspicion clouding his eyes. He walked over to the side of the hospital bed and took my hand

"I thought you were going to call us when she woke?" my Uncle Charlie asked.

"She just woke. I was explaining to her how she might be able to go home tomorrow, if she follows my instructions."

"Oh. I am sure she will follow everything you say Dr. Cullen." Then he looked at me questioningly, knowing how I am restless.

"I will Uncle Charlie. I promise."

Aaron leaned down and whispered something in my ear. I don't know what he said, for Edward and I were looking at each other, smiling. We knew how Charlie was going to react to the next part. Aaron glared at Edward and grumbled something.

"Charlie, since you will be at work and Aaron will be leaving in a few days, Edward and Alice will be there to help. It will take a few weeks for her to fully heal." Charlie's, even Aaron's, jaw dropped.

Aaron piped up, "I'll stay as long as she needs me."

"Don't be silly, Aaron. You have school," I said, suddenly worried.

"Since when do I care about school?" That was true, and that worried me worry even more.

" I know that. I won't let you miss school because of me. I'll be fine. You can take care of me while you are here." That seemed to pacify him.

"I'll stay here tonight, okay love?"

I didn't know what to say. I ignored my first instinct and went for reason. "Aaron, no. You won't be comfortable here. You need to get your sleep."

"I'll be fine."

I dug deep. I gave him his look; the look he could not refuse. I pouted slightly "Love? Please go home and get some rest. You'll need your strength tomorrow to help me. To carry me around and everything. You can come first thing in the morning." I touched his cheek and smiled lightly. It worked a little.

"I have to go," Edward said . That helped even more, though I had to hide my disappointment.

"Come on Aaron. Lynn you're looking tired. Get some rest, okay?"

"I will." I even yawned.

They left after telling me good night and giving good-bye kisses. Doctor Carlisle left after explaining a few more things. Before the door could close, Edward was back in the room. I smiled. I have fallen for Edward Cullen against both our wishes.