Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

The Funeral-Amberlynn's "Lynn" POV

I arrived early on the day of Bella's funeral. The plane ride took forever, so for once, I was glad to see Forks. My Uncle Charlie was waiting for me. I ran upto him and hugged him tightly, giving him a faint smile.

"I'm so glad you're here Amberlynn!" he whispered in my ear.

"It's Lynn, and so am I. How are you holding up?"

"As well as can be expected," he sighed.

"I'm so sorry Uncle Charlie!"

He wasn't my real uncle, well in way he was, when he and my Aunt Renee` were married. I liked him; he was nice. I decided to come since no one else in my family could. Bella and I were exactly one year apart. Yep I was born September 13, 1989, she September 13, 1988. Weird isn't it? We were nothing alike though, except that we were both nosey, clumsy, kept each other's secrets when we were younger. As wegot older we grew apart. Her and her mother moved to Phoenix and I stayed back.

I pretended to struggle with my luggage to make my uncle feel helpful and that one little thing kind of brightened his day. I was shocked when all my stuff fit in his car. I was staying with him for the rest of the school year since I was planning to go to college out here anyway. My parents liked the idea because they didn't have to pay for my dorm; I liked it because that meant I didn't have to pay rent because I wasn't going to stay in a dorm; Uncle Charlie liked it because he would have someone in his life to keep him company again.

The ride to his house was quiet. He told me I would be staying in Bella's old room. He barely chooked it out before falling into tears. I held him and tried to sooth him. I'm not sure it worked because he went straight to his room, still in tears.

I put my stuff in her, my, room. I plugged in my starightner in the bathroom and went back into the room. I unpacked my outfit for today's event: Bella's funeral. It was for two, but we needed to be there for one thirty, being that we were hosting the funeral. So that meant i had an hour and a half to get ready. I pulled at the iron and plugged that into the socket by the bed. Her stereo was still plgged in, so I put in one of my CD's: Avril Lavigne's Let Go.
I hope it was appropiate.

I ironed my clothes and returned to the bathroom to straighten my hair and put on makeup. That took me about forty minutes, so I have about twenty five minutes left since it took me ten minutes to iron and it probably takes ten - fifteen minutes to get to the funeral home. It took me an extra ten minutes to dig out the shoes I would be wearing. Now i have fifteen minutes. I hurriedly did the tips of my toes white, making sure my feet did not look gross in my frontless shoes. I got dressed right after that. I waited three minutes until I put on my shoes. I was ready just in time for Uncle Charlie to yell my name.

"Coming!" I responded, quickly grabbling my cell phone and purse.

I ran down the stairs, almost tripping on every step, another thing my cousin and I have in common, no sense of poise.

"You're just like Bella when it comes to heels and stairs," he said as tears slowly developing in his eyes.

"Save the water works for the funeral, please," I said with a weak laugh and putting my arm around his waist. He smiled at me.

"You're right."

"Do you want me to drive? You're kind of a mess." He handed me the keys, taking them as a yes.

He told me how to get there and we arrived on time- one thirty pm. There was already a family there when we arrived.

"Who are they?" I asked, nodding at them with my head so that he would know who I was talking about.

"Oh, the Cullens." My dazed expression made him continue. "Bella's boyfreind's family."

"Oh!"

I hopped out the car and ran around the other side to help my uncle out. They looked at me strangely. I waved and yelled, "Hello!"

They waved back. Then one by one came over to Charlie's side. I smiled and went ahead into the church. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful all of them were. They were so balanced and graceful as well. They soon followed behind me.

"Hello, Amberlynn" said one of the Cullens. He put out his hand to shake mine. How did he know my name, wait Charlie probably told him. "I'm Carlisle."

Putting my hand out to shake his I retorted, "Hi, nice to meet you, Carlisle. I'm Lynn."

"This is my wife, Esme."

She was tiny, but tall. "Hello, I'm so sorry."

"Thank you so much."

He introduced me to the rest of his charming family- Jasper, Alice, Rosalie, Emmet, and finally Edward. I shook all of their hands. All their hands were like ice but firm. When I went to shake Edward's, a gust of wind blew threw the doors, causing all of theire eyes to become huge, especially Eward's; he gasped and quickly dropped my hand. "Sorry."

At this time, people were arriving and taking there seats. The Cullen's took their's and Charlie, Renee`, and myself took our's in the front row- closest to Bella.