Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

Outing

All I could do was think about my nightmare. It was so disturbing. Edward was right; I needed this day out with the girls. Edward had no problem convincing Alice, but Rosalie was a different story. She begrudged me for being Bella’s cousin. It was because we were so much alike. She thought I wanted the same thing as Bella; she was wrong. I didn’t want to be a vampire like Bella did. To outlive all those people I love, to never see their faces; their smiles; it would be agony. Yes, I did love Edward, yet I don’t think it was enough for me to want that- for now. Thinking about this thought led me to my dream.

Edward was leaning in on me; he just wanted one innocent kiss. Out of nowhere, someone grabs and tosses him across the spacious room. This room was unfamiliar to me. The person knocked me to the grown. He leaned in and went for any flush that would show. He tore at my skin with his razor sharp finger nails and with his teeth. Every time his teeth dug into me, I felt a fire starting underneath my skin. I would scream but try to ignore the pain. I punched him, somehow sending him across the room.

Edward did not try to protect me as this man mutilated my body. I would hear him scream somewhere far off in the distance. He was longer in the room with us- me and my attacker. I would call for him again and again. It was no longer the playful whisper as it was in the beginning. I was screaming for him in terror.

“Edward!” I screamed once as this man tore into me with his teeth. I felt a burning sensation in my veins, now spreading through my entire body. I screamed. I rived in agony, wishing it would stop. It lasted for a day. I thought it was never going to stop. The seconds passed more like hours. Edward finally returned to me. He had shame, horror and sorrow on his face. He was leaving me.

“Wait,” I said as I reached for him. He shrugged it off. He no longer felt cold to me, not that he really felt all that cold to me in real life. “Edward!’

“I can’t be with you. Look at yourself,” he said, anger overtaking every word.

Suddenly, a mirrored appeared. I looked at it. Edward was in the reflection, as well as a stranger. She had dirty blond her, more radiantly blond though. Her eyes were a horrid blood red. She was white like chalk, but not chalky. The paleness fit her, made her more appealing, but to Edward, this beautiful stranger was hideous. I realized the monster that Edward did not want to be with was me. It couldn’t be. I found my flaws as looked hard. I stepped closer to the mirror. I was an inch away from it. I knew it was me, but I did not want to admit.

“No,” I gasped.

“Yes,” Edward glared. He ran away from me. He did not want me. He never truly did I realized. He never would want me ever now. I screamed in agony at my revelation. My shriek shattered the mirror into a million tiny fragments. This screamed signified all my worries: Edward leaving me; me not being able to see my loved ones; the raging monster inside of me. The scream in my dream woke me.


A tear formed in my right eye and fell down my cheek, as I returned to real life. Alice’s worry as she said my name brought me back reality.

“What?” I asked.

“You’re fuzzy,” she said, with her face scrunched up.

I examined myself. I hadn’t worn anything fuzzy on our outing. I couldn’t find a piece of fuzz on me. I stared at her questioningly.

“In my visions, you are fuzzy. You are not clear at all. I can’t make out what you are doing. I can kind of see the people you are with but not all the time. I can’t see what you are doing. This worries me very much.”

“I wonder why that is,” I said, not really interested. I was still lost in my dream- my nightmare.

She did not like my callous response but shook it off. “Maybe I’m stressing too much?” she asked herself. “Hopefully this shopping trip will ease my mind.”

“I hear that.” I stepped out the car. It was drizzling just a bit.

Rosalie did not say a word the entire ride. She did not really open up until we started shopping. I was glad I brought more money than was necessary, because it was necessary while shopping with these two expensive Cullen girls. We shopped only at designer stores. Most of the store’s names I could not pronounce. Rosalie started warming up to me as she saw my somewhat girly side. They tried to make put on some dresses. It was not until the very last store, that I saw I dress that actually caught my eye. I tried it on, making Alice and Rosalie happy. I was surprised when the dress looked stunning on me. I don’t brag, but it did look good. It was a black dress. It was simple, yet exotic. It had think straps that rested on the curves of my shoulders. It fit snug as it ran down to my hips. As soon as it hit my hips, it became flowy. The dress went a little longer than mid-thigh, not too much longer. They saw how perfect the dress fit me and convinced me, with ease, to buy it.

“We need the perfect shoes for it,” Rosalie said enthused. “High heels with straps and thin heels.”

“Do you want me to break my neck and die?” I laughed.

“Of course not silly,” she smiled; it was a sincere smile, no underlying meaning.

I demonstrated easily how dangerously easy it is me to kill myself in heals. They agreed no heels for me. Instead they went for the cutest pair of flats. It went perfect with the dress. I pranced inside the store for a minute in the whole outfit.

“I’ll take this,” Alice said as she grabbed my clothes from me at the register.

“What you doing?” I asked loudly.

“I’m buying it for you, of course,” she answered.

“Why? I have it.”

“It’s a present. A late Christmas present, if you will.”

“It’s ok. I’ll take it.” I place my hands out for the dress and box of shoes, but she did not give them to me. Instead she tossed the shoes to Rosalie.

“I’ll pay for the dress; Rosalie, the shoes,” she said smugly. She had a smile on her face.

‘No,” I insisted. They were faster than I and were at the open registers before I could catch up. Thee were already rung up and were about to pay. It was futile.

We were back in the car. I was still a little upset about what they did.

Alice’s face went blank. “Your mom is going to call you about something urgent, ruining your date with Edward,” she said upset. Her face was scrunched up again. “Aww man! I did not say that!”

“I have a date with Edward?” I asked. That was why they were so ready to put me in a dress. “That would explain the dress hunt.”

I think if Alice could blush, she would have. Rosalie giggled in the back seat. Alice mimicked the same laugh, but with more nervousness to it. She looked at me like “Oh, Surprise” when it wasn’t that good of a surprise, or when someone found out something they were not supposed to know.

“What is the news?” I asked suddenly alarmed. What could be so urgent?

“I don’t know. When you pick up, I can’t hear the conversation,” she said annoyed.

“Sorry,” I said with sarcastic guilt.

“It’s not your fault.”

Charlie called. He was checking on me. I forgot to leave a note for him to read when I left. Alice mentioned something about me being able to sleep over, if I wanted. Charlie was a little reluctant to yes but did. At least my date with Edward could last longer. I wonder why he didn’t tell me. I guess he was trying to surprise me. Alice had ruin that. I laughed out loud at my little thought. Alice and Rosalie looked at me.

“Sorry,” I whispered smiling.

We pulled into the garage. It took us a while to unload all the bags. We bought way too many clothes. All the clothes I brought from home barley fit into Bella’s closet and dresser. Alice had my dress and shoes out already for me to change into for tonight.

I met Edward on the stairs as we walked up.

He smiled. “How was your day?”

“Well Alice and Rosalie almost let me kill myself,” I laughed.

Edward froze, confused by my laughter. Apparently Alice showed him what I walk like in heels and joined in my laughter. “Good thing they did not allow you to buy them.”

“What are you talking about? I would not allow myself to buy those death traps,” I laughed gain.

“Come on. Lynn,” Alice said as she grabbed me by elbow and drug me upstairs. I did not refuse for I knew the quicker this is over, the quicker I will be with Edward. Let her take over. She did my hair in loose curls surrounding my face. She went easy on the makeup; too bad the same can’t be said for the hairspray. My hair is naturally straight. She could just make out my hair going straight during the evening.

She was finally done, and said I could get dressed now. I carefully slipped the dress over my head. I put my feet into the flats Rosalie bought me. She gave me a little sweater that went perfect with the dress and a little coin purse. It was black, like the dress, the little places where the metal would over lap to lock it, were silver. I thought she had bought these for her self. I walked downstairs to meet Edward’s beautiful smile. He stared at me as I somehow managed to walk down the stairs gracefully. I could tell he stopped breathing. I guess I looked better than I thought.