Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

She's More than Willing

Katie stared at this marvelous creature. He was perfect in her eyes: tall, lean, breathtakingly gorgeous, and a marvel. He was easy to stare at. I believe she even started to drool. She had somewhat recovered when he reached the last step. I even found myself taking away with him. I had not noticed that my feet were taking me towards him. I stopped right before him and took a deep breath.

“Hello,” I greeted him.

“Hello,” he welcomed. He turned to my silent, stunned friend. “You must be Katie.”

“Huh? Oh, yes,” she answered. She outstretched her hand that he reluctantly took. “And you are?”

“Oh, please forgive me. I am-” he was interrupted by a knock on the front door.

I answered the door since I was closest to it. I opened the door to find a delivery person standing there, a bit uneasy.

“Ms. Cullen?” he asked hesitantly.

“Oh, no. She is not here.”

“Is there a Mr. Cullen to take these?” he asked with his arm stretched out to his truck. There were two very large beds waiting at the end.

“Yes,” but before I could turn for him, he was already there.

“Oh, great they are here.”

“Can you sign this please?” He handed over the clipboard to be signed and signaled two men to start bringing the beds into the house.

The two men brought the one bed into the house and asked where to put it. It was to go to the second bedroom on the right of the second floor. The second, the fourth room on the right. I knew that was my room. Our host was in the third room. It was like the house in Forks.

Katie and I put our things in our rooms. We headed downstairs to our mysterious friend.

“Who is that? He is absolutely gorgeous.”

Before I could answer, we were already in the living room to find our friend sitting on the couch. He had a wide smile on his face and was shaking his head. He was fighting back a laugh. Then I heard something in my own head. What the hell? I looked at Katie. I knew what I was hearing and couldn’t believe it. I was hearing Katie’s thoughts. How? I now knew why he was stifling a laugh. Her thoughts were quite obtuse.

I walked over to the couch and sat next to my long lost friend. Katie sat on the other side, almost drooling on him. We both had to keep ourselves from laughing.

“Before, we were interrupted, I was introducing myself. I am Edward.”

Katie then looked at me and finally saw how I was radiating. Her thoughts then turned into the opposite direction, but then, they were happy again. I couldn’t believe what she was thinking. My jaw dropped. I quickly recovered. I think Edward noticed though.

“I think I’m going to unpack,” I said, dismissing myself from Katie’s thoughts. I went upstairs and tried not to listen to Katie’s thoughts. Each step I took, the more fuzzy her thoughts became, though, sometimes I could here the loud ones. I could her fail attempts at conversation.

“Do you want anything to drink or eat?” I heard Edward asked. I listened to their small conversation.

“No, Amber and I ate on our way here.”

“Amber? I thought everyone called her Lynn.”

“No, we all call her Amber, except her mother and one of her aunts. Her mother calls her by her full name, and I think, her aunt calls her Lynn. That’s it though.”

“Hmm… Everyone calls her Lynn in Forks.”

“Oh, I don’t know then.”

“I forgot something upstairs. Excuse me.” I heard head up the stairs and started to unpack again.

He was at my doorway. All the pain I felt when he left, washed over me. I felt my speeding heart collapse. I just stared at him with agony in my eyes. I was happy to see him before, but now, all I felt was anguish. All I could do was stare at him as he walked closer to me. I looked away as he took his final step in front of me. I put the shirts that were in my hand into the second dresser drawer.

“I’m sorry,” he said sadly. I just stared at him, so he continued. “I should not have left like that. I could not really stand to see your life fall apart. It was so much for you to handle, and I was weak. I left when you needed me the most. I could not face you after that. I thought about going back, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. You would think I would have learned after Bella. I hurt you too much. You probably hate me. I completely understand if you do. I thought I could make it better if I came here and surprised you.”

All I could do was stare at him. He has gone insane. How could he think that I hated him? I could never. I always dismissed the reason why he left; I didn’t want to think about it. At first I thought it was because I was not his Bella, and he did not want to be with a person who he thought was a half a monster. Bella was human and beautiful; I was something that he despised within himself.

“Sorry,” he said shakily and started to walk for the door.

“My life wasn’t ruined. I don’t hate you,” I confessed.

He looked at me in awe. “You don’t?”

“No, I always just that it was because I was not Bella, and I was something you hated.”

“What?” he asked, confused.

“You loved Bella with your heart. You risked your life for her numerous times. I know you still love her. I can hear it in your thoughts, amazingly so. I can never be Bella. Then, you find out I’m a half-vampire. You know you despise that part of you. You think it is a monster. I know, and it’s okay.”

“You can read my thoughts?”

“Yes, only because you can read thoughts. I can use the powers of those around me, though, they don‘t work on me, but that has nothing to do with what we’re talking about.”

“Oh. You are right. I still love Bella. She was the love of my life, my eternity. I’m sorry for always comparing you to her. I just miss her so much, and you remind me of her. It was hard for me to handle that I was falling for someone else after her. My mind couldn’t process the love had for Bella and for you at the same time.”

“I don’t blame you for still loving Bella. That kind of love is rare. I know. I had that love, and I left it. At least, now, I know it could not have lasted.”

Edward sat on top of the plastic wrapped bed. I took a seat next to him. I put my head in his shoulder, and he put his on top if mine,. “We’re just a messed up couple.,” he whispered.

I smiled, “Yeah, we are.”

He laughed, then looked at the bed beneath us. “These were supposed to be here before you and Katie arrived.”

“It’s okay. I’ll have no problem putting mine together. Katie on the other hand, will need help. She would just love your help,” I mocked.

He laughed, “I might get harassed if I help her.”

I couldn’t help but laugh too. I even snorted. “She might try to kill me to get to you if I help her.”

“True.”

“We’ll both help her so neither one of us get attacked.”

“Works for me.”

I ripped the plastic off the bed. I moved the bed to the other side of the room and set up the frame. Edward gave me an impressed look. I smiled back. I then setup the head and foot boards. For my finale, I threw the bed on top from across the room. It landed gently in place. Edward applauded.

“You got very strong.”

“Yeah, I almost as stoing as Emmett.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, it’s awesome. We were wrestling one time and I almost had him. He threw a rock at my head, which got me off guard; then he tackled me. I was disoriented. That little cheater. I’m going to have to propose another match when we get home.” Realizing that I assumed he was going home, I asked, “You are going home, right?”

“I guess so. Are they mad at me?”

“No, they just miss you so much.”

He nodded. “We will go home after we are down here.”

“Okay.”

We were interrupted by Katie gasping. “Y’all already put the bed together. That was quick. I didn’t even here you put it together.” She looked at Edward. “Do you think you could help m with mine?”

“Actually, Lynn was the brain when we were putting it together.”

“Edward helped with the lifting, though. We can both help you. I mean, if you want?”

“Yeah, sure. It will get done quicker. I’m going to get something to drink. You want something, Amber?”

“Yeah, sure. Water, please.”

She pranced out of the room with thoughts of Edward. We waited until she was on the stairs to laugh. We walked to her room and started to work on her bed. We worked much slower than we could. It was frustrating to act human. Katie was back with the drinks.

“I fixed you something to drink too, Edward,” she commented happily.

Under my breath, “I’ll drink it for you.”

“Thanks,” he answered in the same manner.

“Is there anything I could do to help?” Katie asked.

“No,” Edward and I answered together.

I smiled. I knew what Edward was thinking. He was right.

“I’m starving,” he said, winking at me.

“What do you want? I’ll get it for you.”

“Hmm… What are you girls in the mood for?”

I knew what I was in the mood for, and what he was in the mood for; and that Katie was definitely not in the mood for what we were in the mood for.

Katie was the first to speak up, “Pizza?”

“Fine with me. Edward?”

“Yeah.”

“I’ll go look for a pizza place. Where is a phone book?” Katie said, more than happy to do anything for Edward.

“Down stairs in the living room.”

“She’s definitely more than willing,” I joked.

“She’s just trying to be nice,” he tried to convince me.

“Oh, yeah, very nice.”

He grimaced, but then smiled because we were done setting up her bed. We walked down stairs to meet Katie in the living room. We all decided to go out for pizza instead of delivery. We ate at small place in town. The pizza was good. I knew Edward hated eating human food but did anyway to appease Katie. He was not satisfied at all by the pizza, and neither was I, not completely. Later that night, when Katie was asleep, we went hunting. Needless to say, it was an interesting hunting trip.