Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

The Funeral- Edward's POV

Today's Bella's Funeral. I wish I could sleep to past the time until it came to leave for it. Also, to see Bella's face and to hold her in my arms, even if it is a deception from a dream. I stared out my windows wishing I could see her red truck come through the clearing and erase all my feelings of sorrow and prove that I was wrong. She was still alive and in my life. Her truck never came. I felt a rip at where my once beating heart was. Is this how she felt when I left her? A big whole in her chest because she knew I was never coming back to her.

Alice walked in, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder and peering out the window with me. The sun trying to shine through the dark clouds that today provided. It must be morning.

I shrugged off Alice's hand; her thoughts were driving crazy. I walked over to my couch and sat down. She followed but siting on the other end.

"Sorry," she said, breaking the silence.

"It's ok. It isn't your fault."

"I know, but I can't stop thinking of there being something more that I could have done."

"Don't think like that."

"Can you handle going to her funeral?"

"Yes. Why you don't think I can?"

"I was just asking. Making sure you weren't going to have a complete meltdown while you were there."

"Sorry."

"It's ok."

We sat there in silence for the longest time until Carlisle came in telling us we should get ready. Alice left at once. Carlisle stepped in and closed my door.

"Are you going to be okay?"

"Yes. Why does everyone keep asking me that?"

"Because we're worried."

"Sorry. I keep jumping on everyone's case. I feel so bad. I could have prevented this. If i changed her when she first wanted me to, I wouldn't feel this way."

"Don't have any regrets. This happened for a reason. Do not blame yourself."

"Can't help but do just that though."

"I don't know what to tell you but get ready."

"Okay."

When everyone was ready, we left. It took Alice and Rosalie the longest to get ready.We all left in our own cars. Making sure I arrived first, I left ahead while everyone talked. I wanted to see her, alone, with no disturbances. Of course, I was there first. Approximatley twenty minutes later is when everyone else arrived. We were early. Charlie wasn't even here yet.

I walked outside to greet my family. We stood there in silence. About ten minutes later, Charlie's car was pulling up, but he wasn't driving. It was a girl who faintly resembled Bella. She had the same white skin and same shaped head. Other than that, they looked nothing alike. This girl had dirty blonde hair, more blonde though; green eyes, shaped like Bella's though, but a but wider; fuller lips also. When she drove up, she nodded to us as if asking Charlie who we were. She stepped out, clearly a lot taller than Bella, closer to my height, and walked around to help Cahrlie out.

She waved and shouted hello, and we, in return, waved. She politely smiled and headed toward the chcurch.

Carlilse headed for Charlie. He was asking who was that girl. Charlie had told him that it was Bella's cousin, Amberlynn. That would explain the faint similarities. They exchanged a few words, then, turned, heading for the church.

"Hello, Amberlynn," he said, extending a hand to shake. "I'm Carlisle."

She extended her's in return,"Hi, nice to meet you, Carlisle. I'm Lynn," correcting him.

"This is my wife Esme." Esme walked up to her only bearing to say that she was sorry. He then slowly introduced the rest of us, one by one. She shook all our hands. When it came my turn, a gust of wind blew through the doors, sending her fragrance among the room. If it was all possible, she smelled sweeter than Bella. Everyone in my family noticed; their eyes intensifying at the smell, especially mine.

"Sorry," I told her, but she didn't have any reaction to it at all.

Everyone was walking in and we decided to take ours- in the back.