Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

A Werid Coincidence

What could he possibly want? I walked across the street, avoiding the idiot. I am not the least bit attractive, but he has to contradict this thought by yelling: “Hey, hottie!! How you doin’?”

Oh my God, leave me alone. I guess men act like this everywhere you go. It is so degrading.

“What the hell do you want?”

“Just to have some fun,“ he answered from across the street, keeping up with my pace.

“Well, go jerk off with the rest of friends, then, ‘cause I can’t help you with that!!”

“Oh, baby, don’t be like that,” one of the others said, crossing the street.

“I’ll be like whatever the hell I want to be like. Looks like ya’ll can have fun together, how about that? Have fun!!” trying to be witty, I yelled.

“Oh, you’re funny!”

“I know, down right hilarious aren’t I? Now if you don’t mind, I have to go. “

“Well, maybe we do.”

“You’ll get over it.” They were coming closer. I swear if they try to touch me.

One tried reaching for my shoulder. I grabbed his wrist, brought him closer within hitting range; I punched him in his jaw. The other started to come in, but I kicked him in his stomach. He fell. The others who did not cross looked at me, returning my gaze. They turned their heads and walked off. The one whose wrist I held came to hit me. I ducked and came up hitting him in his stomach. The other, slowly coming up, I kicked in the head. I guess practicing kicks in soccer come in handy other than in games.

A car pulled up. Not another one.

“Get in!” it called.

“You must be out your box!”

A guy leaned forward, revealing his face: Edward. Where did he come from?

“Fine!” I yelled as they started to get up. I ran for the car and slammed the door. “Thank you.”

“You and your cousin have so much in common.” I gave him a puzzled look. He explained, “Ya’ll both attract trouble.”

“I don’t attract trouble!” I protested.

“The same thing happened to Bella when she came out here.”

“Oh. So that doesn’t mean that we have a lot in common.”

“No it doesn’t, but time will prove me right, I bet.”

“What makes you think so?”

“ Because I am always right,” he said smugly.

“I’m sure you are. Can you bring me back to my car now?” I asked not realizing that we had parked. I couldn’t see through the dark, tented windows, so I had no idea where we were.

“I did,” he answered nodding outside, as he rolled down the window.

“Oh, thanks.”

I stepped slowly out the car suddenly feeling light-headed. He had parked right next to my truck- a Harley Davidson F-150. I looked back at him, confused. He stared nonchalantly back. I was curious about something.

“How did you know where I was and where parked?”

“Well, I recognized the truck, not too many of them around here,” he nodded at my truck, laughing, he continued, “ and I was heading that way when I saw you.”

“You were heading for a dead end?”

“No, I was passing that street, when I saw you.”

“You recognized my face from a quarter of a mile away? Sure. The truck part I can believe but not the other part.”

“Can’t you just say thank you and get over it. You are acting just like Bella.”

“I was fine without you coming to save me as if I was a damsel in distress. Incase you didn’t see that. I was defending myself quite well. And I am not actin’ like Bella!!” I ranted, but all he did was smile.

“Okay, if you say so.”

Frustrated and irritated, I tried to maintain my composure. “Thank you for your help. I should not have responded like that, and I should be more grateful,” I said through gritted teeth.

He mockingly smiled and responded, “Now, was that so hard.”

Yes it was!! I wanted to yell back at him. Instead I just smile back. I shut his door and turned on my heel for my truck. He waited until I revved up my truck and starting backing out, until he decided to leave himself. He sped out of the parking lot. I stared as he hustled out of the area in sheer amazement of what had happened tonight.

I drove home slowly, unsure of my response of tonight’s events. I actually beat up two guys in a town I hardly call my home. The worst part is that I have only been here for two days. How did Bella handle this situation. Did she do what I had done or did Edward show up before she had to defend herself? Was he always there when she had gotten in trouble? That must have been a burden on him, but how did he always know when she was in trouble. One thing I do know for certain is that he wasn’t telling me the truth about this evening. Did he suspect that the same thing would happen to me as it had to Bella so many months before, wait that must have been over a year ago. I wonder what else had happened to Bella while she was here.

I sped up as I got on the intersection due to other driver’s incessant honking. These thoughts still lingered in my head on the drive home, in the shower, and in my dreams. He was in every dream I had. I had quite a few, though. They were all so weird. He was this magnificent creature that I could not name in my dreams. I couldn’t remember what I wanted to call him when I woke up. He was so beautiful in that world, but the dreams did not do him justice of how he looks in reality. Is this how Bella thought of him also?

I had many dreams like this that followed over the course of a few weeks. I haven’t seen him over the weeks. It seemed as if he had disappeared off the face of the earth. It was getting closer to when school would start., so maybe he went off to college in another state or town. That was it.

Oh, that reminded me that I, myself, still needed to register for the school here. I hope the school is open. I got up out of bed and mad myself presentable for a school I did not know or cared about. I ran down the stairs and headed for my truck. I found the school in fifteen minutes. I headed for what seemed to be the office. It was opened. I swung the door opened and headed for the lady sitting in the chair who suddenly produced a smile on her face. She seemed nice in appearance. I nervously tucked my hair behind my ears and scheduled my school year.