Sequel: Morning Light

The Cullen

He's a Weird One

“Hi, I’m Amberlynn Roberts,” she gave me a baffled look, so I continued to clarify who I was, “Chief Swan’s niece.” She nodded in now understanding in who I was. “ I was wondering if I can schedule my classes at this moment.”

“Yes you can, but the classes that you want might be filled since you are scheduling so close to the school year,” she explained, and she was nice.

“Oh, that’s ok. It’s my senior year, so I shouldn’t have that many requirements.”

“Oh, okay then, perfect. Do you have your transcripts, dear?”

I produced them out of my over-sized purse and handed them to her. She shuffled through them and started typing something into the computer.

“Do you have any specific courses you would like to take?”

“Yes, actually. Um… do ya’ll offer Latin or um…another law studies class?”

“We do not offer Latin but we do have a pre-law class that you did not take at your other school.”

“Perfect!”

“Ok, let me type this into the computer. You are going to have to take a lot of electives to make up for the lack of them.”

“What? Oh, because ya’ll are on a seven course schedule? I understand.”

“Okay, here you go. Just come in when school begins, which is August 15, and I’ll give you a map and another schedule incase you lose this one or if it changes. Okay, here sweetie.” She handed me the papers with a smile. I also had to sign some papers while I was there.

“Thank you,” I said as I got up from my seat. I waved goodbye as I walked out the door and quickly erased my fake smile from my face and rolled my eyes. I hastily walked back to my truck. For some unapparent reason, I was in a hurry to get out of here. It felt weird being here, like I didn’t belong.

When I got into my truck, I turned on the CD player, which I had Avril Lavigne in again. I cranked the volume all the way and just sat there. I don’t know why I did that; it just felt necessary. It relaxed me. I then heard a knock on my passenger window, sending me flying into the air. Crap, who is that? When I turned my head, I saw that it was Edward. What did he want now?

I rolled down the window and yelled out, “What do you want?” He said something , but I couldn’t hear him so I turned off the stereo. “I’m sorry; can you repeat that?”

“I didn’t mean to scare you, sorry. I was wondering if you, hmm,” clearing his throat he continued, “ would you mind,” he stopped again.

“You were wondering what?” asking, annoyed.

“ I was wondering if you can show me some more of Bella’s things. But that entitles me coming over, which I cant because of Charlie.”

“Okay, so what do you want me to do?”

“You could, if you want, bring them over to my place.”

“Yeah, I would but there is one little problem.” He looked at me dumbly. I rolled my eyes, “I don’t know where you live.”

“Oh , I can show.”

“How?” It was his turn to roll his eyes.

“I can follow you to Charlie’s and then you can follow me back to my place.”

“Why can’t you just take them then while you are there?”

“Because I have to give you back the other things you gave me of Bella’s, and I don’t have them with me. Please excuse for not wanting Charlie to get on my case for being at his house.”

“Okay, fine,” I said trying to get rid of him. I started to roll up the window, when he started saying something else, making me stop.

“Thank you, I appreciate it. I’ll meet you there.”

“Wait, you want to do that now?”

“Yeah, why is that a problem.”

“No.”

We both left in a hurry. It seemed like we were racing each other to Charlie’s place. He beat though, of course. His car was smaller, so it went through traffic quicker. Somehow I managed to keep up with him through the most part. He probably beat me to Charlie’s by two minutes. When I drove up, he had a smile on his face.

“What?”

“You drive pretty well. You kept up with me most of the time with that bulky thing,” he said nodding to towards my truck.

“Well, I was raised in Louisiana; we learn how to drive crazily before anything else. Except on four-wheelers first.” We both laughed at my comment and headed for my room. I went through Bella’s stuff that he would want.

“So, why do you want this stuff?”

“To remember her.”

“So why are you giving me the other stuff back?”

“Charlie.”

“What does he have to do with this?”

“He’ll notice that it’s gone and ask where it had gone to.”

“So then why take this stuff?”

“Because when I give you the other things, I will have nothing to remember her. And in time my memories of her will suit me but for now, they won’t.”

“Oh, gotcha.”

We finished packing what he wanted and brought it back to his car. From there, I followed him to his house. It took a while to get there. He lived outside of town by a small river. It was a humongous and beautiful house.

He told me to wait where I was so that he could bring her belongings out without the trouble of reintroductions. I waited there for a minute before he came running out with her stuff. I was wondering why he brought me here when he could have easily brought it tomorrow, when Charlie was not home. I stepped out my truck and headed for him. I reached out my arms waiting for him to hand them to me. Instead he passed me up, not even looking at me. I shrugged at the motion and went for my truck. He had already put her belonging in the passenger seat and was heading back to the house. I went to yell good-bye, but he was already inside. He was a weird one. That was the last time I saw him…wait, no, it wasn’t, just felt like it.