Status: Active

Ocean of Secrets

Day Dream

I sat in my Pre-Calculus class and stared out the window as Mrs. Woodberry droned on about derivatives. My father would shoot me if he knew I wasn’t paying attention, but I could care less at the moment. I couldn’t keep Malachai out of my mind most of the time, but now that Aurora was going to meet him he seemed to be pacing around in my head more than ever.

Aurora was sitting right in front of me with her long blonde hair cascading down her back, and I wanted to take a pair of scissors and shear it off. If she got to Malachai tomorrow without me there who knows what would happen. He might just fall head over heels in love with her like everyone else does.

I couldn’t necessarily blame him if he did though; Aurora was gorgeous. She had long, blonde, wavy hair and sun-kissed skin. Her features were perfect and pixie-like, and she was thin with curves in all the right places. She was a little taller than me and a rumor about her modeling for some large company had been going around the school for a little while now. She was smart too which made her almost the perfect catch; if she didn’t have such an attitude.

I watched the wind play with the slumbering tree branches outside as my mind continued to wander. I knew that Aurora was just playing with me. Since I stole Bridget away from her group of three she’s been out to get me. Allowing Micah into hers and Luna’s circle must have been troublesome. I wondered what kind of hazing they had put her through, and felt slightly bad for the girl. She had moved from Tennessee and not even two days after she got here they started to torture or. Well, that’s what I saw in my mind when I thought about initiation into their group.

Suddenly an image of Malachai, beckoning to me, popped into my mind. I wanted to walk to him, but I was afraid. I was afraid of rejection from him and also Bridget if I ever got too close. But I knew that the scene was only unfolding in my mind so I closed my eyes, and left the classroom behind me as I immersed myself into my daydream.

His gorgeous face was smiling and his blue-green eyes were staring straight at into mine. I walked to him and his fingers twined into mine. I watched slightly spooked as our fingers started to melt together. I looked back to his eyes alarmed, but he seemed completely calm. Our bodies continued to meld together and soon we were attached to the shoulder. We were standing close enough that his breath was warm on my face, and then his lips met mine. At first the sensation was amazing, but then I could no longer feel my mouth and I realized that our faces had also started to melt together.

I let out a loud gasp and opened my eyes. I was back in the classroom and everyone was staring at me with questioning expressions on their faces. “What is it that you do at night when you should be sleeping Miss. Brooks?” I looked to the front of the classroom and saw that Mrs. Woodberry was also glaring at me. I had interrupted her class, and a quiet murmur spread through the room. I could hear hushed giggles, and my cheeks flamed as I shook my head. I must have fallen asleep because class was almost over now.

Rubbing my tired eyes I glanced at the board and felt my mouth go dry. Mrs. Woodberry wasn’t talking about derivatives anymore and I couldn’t even pronounce the word on the board. My mind couldn’t even make sense of the numbers and letters that covered every inch of my neighbor’s notebook page either. It is going to be an interesting night when I try to tell my father that I have no idea what we learned in Pre-Calculus today.

The bell rang and Aurora bumped her chair into my desk when she stood up. She turned to me and with a sarcastic voice said, “Oops sorry.” I felt like throwing my book at her but didn’t feel like getting into trouble, and Bridget was waiting for me at the door anyways.

I stood up slowly while she walked to the door and watched as she sent a smile to Bridget. Bridget waved and said something before turning back to me. I finished piling my books and then grabbed them in my arms.

“I’m going to go to the drugstore tomorrow.” I held the sentence in until we had reached my locker. “I don’t want him to be alone with her.” My locker popped open as I turned the dial to the last number, and I reached for the books for my next class.

“Way to go!” Bridget smiled and patted me on the back, “I’m so proud that you’re starting to get some balls.”

I felt like rolling my eyes at her, but truthfully I was happy too. “I don’t really want to go alone though. If you come Aurora will be nice too.”

“Even more reason for me to not come,” I couldn’t exactly see Bridget’s reasoning. Once I stated so she continued on, “If Malachai sees what a bitch she is than he probably won’t find her attractive.”

“He’ll find her attractive,” I mumbled under my breath.

“You know what I mean, idiot.”

Even though I was going to have to go alone I felt better knowing that Malachai and Aurora weren’t going to be alone. At least this way they couldn’t make-out right in the middle of the store. Well, I wouldn’t put it past Aurora, but still.

I shut my locker and walked with Bridget to my next class. “See you at lunch.” I waved back at her then took my sit closest to the door and waited for the day to be over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fifteenth commenter will get comments on some stories,
and a link to their profile in the next chapter.