The Blood In Your Veins Is Twenty Below.

My Stoic Face, Beaten with Passion.

Continuation of Ronnie POV.

“Chase, why are you here? And why aren’t you high as a fucking kite right now?” I asked him timidly, afraid I might anger him. Instead, his face contorted with shock, then softened. A small smile played over his lips and he pulled away from the hug.

“I’m trying to quit, Ronnie. And I came here go get away from negative influences.” My eyes widened in excitement and I jumped up trying to control the happiness on my face. I jumped to hug him again, but ended up hurting my ribs even more. I winced in pain, but still felt the joy taking over my body.

I had never expected Chase to ever say that. He seemed way into deep with the drugs, it seemed near impossible. I knew it was still a long journey ahead, but I believed in him. Even if he doesn’t succeed the first time, at least he’s got his mind set on something. And if he still had any of the old Chase in him, then he would accomplish this. Chase used to be so determined, and hopefully he still has that element implanted in him.

The smile that took over his lips now faltered into a frown. I didn’t understand why his expression changed so dramatically. “Ronnie,” he took a deep breath, tapping his fingers on the cloth of his jeans, “I’m leaving Vegas.”

Now the happiness that I had, had disappeared. I felt as if I was going to loose someone else and I don’t know if I could deal with it. He placed his hand on my shoulder trying to comfort me obviously seeing the hurt than stung my eyes. I shook my head in disbelief. “No.”

“Look, this is the best for me and us, if I want to quit drugs I have to escape this place. All it is a constant reminder. I know if I stay here I won’t accomplish this goal.” My spirit lifted a little bit. He was right. He wouldn’t be able to quit if he stayed here. And I couldn’t be a selfish prick and get angry with him if he’s doing something to help himself. It wasn’t that he was leaving that scared me the most, it was that I would be the one that had to tell dad. It would be as if I was his only child now, and I don’t know he would react to this.

“I-I understand, but-“ I paused, my hands shaking just thinking about it, “what about dad?” Chase bit his lip trying to figure out what to say. I guess he hadn’t thought of that aspect.

He sighed in frustration, “I don’t know, Ronnie, go to a friend’s house.”

“What friends? I hardly have any. Plus no one knows anything about my home life.”

“I’ll be back in a couple months or so, Ron, it’ll be okay. You’ll figure something out, you’re smart.” I rolled my eyes at his response, but tried to accept it anyway. Dad wasn’t home that often, I’d just have to try to avoid him when he was. I’d go to the park or something. My heart lightened up a bit and I smiled at my brother while putting my arm around him.

“How about we get some supper?” He tried to change the subject.

“I’m not hungry.” I answered, almost immediately. Truth was, I was starving, but I’ve grown to see food as the enemy. I feeling of a starved stomach made me feel accomplished. Even if I didn’t have much energy, the rumble of my stomach made it all worthwhile. It was a way for me to put some control back in my life.

Sometimes my insides felt like they were attacking themselves. Well, most of the time. I couldn’t stop now though, there were really only two things keeping me alive right now. The painful slits I put on my wrist and the starvation, although those were the things that were killing me as well. I wasn’t anorexic though, I didn’t see food as the enemy, I could eat if I wanted to. I just didn’t want to though. If I stayed thin, maybe I’d meet a guy and they’d like me. They wouldn’t be repulsed by me. Once I found someone to love me, I told myself I would stop.

Chase looked at me skeptically. “Ronnie, you showed me your bruises. I would see your ribs almost clearly. Why aren’t you eating?”

Frustration built in the pit of my stomach, “Are you accusing me of lying? Of course I’m eating!” I got up from the couth, looking at him with pure disgust. I tried to calm my nerves down, and sat back down. “Can we just forget about this?” I pleaded.

“Fine, if that’s what you want.” He already knew he wouldn’t get the truth out of me. “Well I’m gonna go out to eat, I’ll be back tonight.” He marched towards the door and left, the tension suddenly disappearing.

Max POV.

I was going to see Ronnie. I couldn’t keep this secret. Whenever I’m bothered by something, I had to tell someone. I obviously couldn’t go to my friends, or my parents. Even though I knew my mom would be completely fine with it, I had no idea how my father would react. And I really didn’t need that bullshit right now.

I slowly walked up to his roughed up looking house, knocking on the door lightly. I heard shuffling through the door, as it slowly creaked open revealing a shy looking Ronnie. His face fell almost instantly once he saw me.

“What are you doing here, Max? Was this morning not enough for you? Did you come here to make me feel even worse?” his arms crossed over his chest, waiting for me to answer.

“No, I need to talk to you.” He let out an exasperated breath, opening the door for me to come in. I guess that was a good quality about him. He would help people out even when they did him wrong, something I knew I could never do. I would never be able to help someone that hurt me to the point of tears.

“Ronnie, I know what I did was a really shit thing to do, but look I’ve realized something today.” Confusing crossed over his face. The expression on his face told me to continue. “I’ve figured out that, well, I’m bisexual.”

The shock that came over him was priceless. He looked like he was having an inner battle in his head as if he didn’t believe me at all. Over time, he started to look angry again, much more than before.

“So you’re telling me that you picked on me for all these years for being gay and you’ll almost just like me?!” He yelled, it was clear he was hurting. But he covered it up with even more anger. Before I knew it, he reached up and slapped me across the face. I felt a string on my right cheek. It wasn’t very torturous, but it was enough to leave a mark.

“Look, I understand you being upset over this, but I really needed someone to talk to. And I thought you would understand.” He sighed, looking down. I knew the kindness in his soul was telling him to help me.

“Alright, Max, what do you want to know?”

“I don’t want to know anything, I just need some moral support.” I spoke, biting my lip “And I just wanted to tell you I’ve been thinking a lot over these past couple days and I feel really guilty about what my friends and I have done to you. I know it may not mean anything to you, but I’m truly sorry.”

He looked almost happy, but looked down again. “That still doesn’t change the damaged you’ve done.”

“I know, but I’m willing to try and fix my mistakes. I want to be friends again.”

He looked as if he was trying to figure out if he should or not. In time, he ended up nodding and brought me into a hug, “I’d like that.”

I hugged him back. He was warm, I left like I never wanted to let go. I ended up lifting him up bridal style and walking him to his room. He laughed in amusement, putting his arms around my neck. He was really light. It felt like he didn’t have much fat on him. Was he anorexic? Was this a result of my doing also? I decided to push that to the back of my head, so I wouldn’t upset him. I didn’t know for sure, maybe it just runs in the family or something.

I plopped his body down on his bed, a huge smile still on his face. I laid next to him, my head leaning on my arm. He looked so beautiful. I just wanted to hug him and protect him. The vulnerability he possessed could make anyone feel that way. I looked deeply into his eyes. Right now, I could tell he was actually really happy at the moment, it was new considering the hurt I always saw behind his brown orbs. It made me smile as well.

Before I could stop myself, my hands reach up, pulling off his shirt. No, this time it wasn’t for sex. I wanted to see if he had anymore bruises. To my surprise, there was dark purple and yellow marks covering his whole chest and stomach area, mainly where the ribs were located. My fingers not being able to resist went and touched the wounds. He immediately pulled away, looking scared. I looked in his eyes, them now not looking very happy. That same pained feeling hid behind them once again.

“I’m not going to hurt you, Ronnie.” I spoke softly, like if I spoke any longer I could cause him suffering. His head slowly nodded and he moved forward again. My hands gently grazed his ribs causing his grimace.

“I don’t want to cause you suffering, but can I feel around to see if you have any broken ribs?” he looked terrified now, I don’t know if he trusted me or not. “My dad’s a doctor, don’t worry I’ll try to cause as least pain as possible.” After I told him that, he slowly nodded his head.

I told him to lay on his back, before I felt around. Once he did, I straddled his waist and I placed my hand on his ribs trying as hard as possible not to cause him any discomfort. To my dismay, he called loudly out in pain. I kept feeling to try and see if I could feel anything out of place. His screaming was so intense I didn’t hear the front door slam shut indicating someone was home. Once I was about done, I felt a rib that was out of place, it seemed to be broken. But as soon as I touched it, he cried out the most torturous scream I’ve heard before.

Someone burst through the doors and saw me on Ronnie, while tears ran down his face. Instead of analyzing the situation and seeing I obviously wasn’t trying to purposely hurt him, they grabbed me by the arm and ripped me off Ronnie.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've got 11 subscribers & 17 comments! Thanks guys! (: There is finally starting to show some content of love in this story, haha. Please Comment! :D

& I'm sorry if there are a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes, I tried to write this quickly cause I wanted to get it out today. (: I hope they aren't too noticeable.