Treason

Betrayal

Flashback

"I love you." she whispers into my ear. Our hands depart and she makes her way out the door. Her smile leaves with her, but it's image doesn't leave my head. Her blonde wavy hair moves with the soft wind that plays through each strand. I close my eyes, thinking of how much I'm going to miss her. She's off to college. It's something she's always thought about and I'm not about to just make her stay. She has dreams and I will always encourage them.

I turn around, putting on my mask. I'm supposed to meet Batman near the alley.

I walk out the door, making my way towards the alley. It isn't too far from where I live. Perhaps a block away. My footsteps are silent, something I've learned from Batman himself. I stand near the gate, opening it slowly. A woman with jeans and a black t-shirt falls hard on the ground. Her head hits the cement ground roughly. Her light blonde hair is now stained in brown dirt, her locks falling to her face. I look at Batman who stands with his head held high and his chest sticking out.

"It's done." he says, his deep, almost whispered voice sending shivers down my spine.

I run near her, falling to my knees, "Rachel?" I ask. Her eyes close gently near my arms. I tremble, not sure of what I should do.

"Wh-why would you do this?" I whisper, slowly standing up and repeating the sentence, this time yelling it. I grab Batman by the sides of his suit, screaming into his face.

"I'm not sorry, she was a distraction. You and I have so much to do," he rubs his face, taking steps back and forth.

"She was leaving. I loved her, Batman. I loved her with all my heart. How could you do this to me? I would never - I have never done you any wrong."

He continues moving oddly. The smell of alcohol escaping his lips. He's drunk. I push him toward the cement wall screaming until I feel my head cannot take it any longer.

~~~

The Next Day

I swallow the pills, not having a single care that I have taken more than needed. My door swings open. The shadow of a well built man stands there, he walks in slowly. No mask, just Bruce Wayne.

"I'm so sorry." he whispers.

I glare out the blurry window. It's been raining for weeks, and today isn't an exception. Bruce waits until around the same time to come and tell me how sorry he is. But I don't believe it. I can't believe it. Even if he was drunk, he killed the woman I love. He seems sober enough, but I'm not. I've managed to get so high that everything seems to fade from reality.

"Why did you do it?" my eyes fill with tears.

"I was drunk. I didn't know what-,"

"No!" I slam the bag of pills against the wall. They escape the bag and fall onto the cold floor I've been sitting on since last night, "You told me that she was a distraction. I'm a grown man now. I'm not the young boy I used to be. I don't need you! And why the hell would you think she's a distraction?"

"Robin, I'm sorry! What can I do!?"

"Shut up!"

His strong hand slaps against my masked face. For a second, everything turns black. It soon comes back to normal and I glared at him once more.

"I hate you."
♠ ♠ ♠
This might be a two shot.
I'll see. :"D
Thanks for reading browskis.