My New Parents Are Who

12

When we got to the house it was all dark. Even the Christmas lights, Frank’s idea, were out.

“Did Jamia go to bed?” Frank asked.

I shrugged. “Maybe. Come on, I want some candy! You go first.” I pushed him up to the door.

“You’re so pushy!”

“Yep!”

He went up the steps and checked the door, it was locked. He got his key out of his pocket and unlocked it. Inside it was pitch black.

“Hello? Jamia?” he whispered.

The lights were flicked on and everyone jumped out.

“Surprise!” we shouted.

“What the?!”

“Happy birthday!”

“But I thought we were just gonna have a horror movie marathon?”

“Do you really think we’d do something like that for your birthday?” Jamia asked.

“Apparently yes!”

“Jamia’s been planning for this since Sadie came,” Gerard said. He was dressed up as a, you guessed it, vampire. He had fake fangs and a cape on.

“Yeah, we’ve been getting ready since you left,” Bob said. He was…yellow?

“Um what are you?” Rose asked.

“Pikachu! How come no one can get that?!”

“It’s a mystery alright,” Mikey said, patting him on the back. He was…Minnie Mouse. He was wearing a red dress with red polka dots and mouse ears.

“Um Mikey,” I said. He looked over. “Don’t be offended but why?”

“Alicia found it and this is really the only occasion I can wear it for.”

I nodded and looked around. Next to Gerard was Ray as a princess, in a dress and everything, Amy had already commented on it, and Jamia was talking to Frank. She was dressed up as a dead Alice from Alice in Wonderland, wearing a bloody blue dress and white blood splattered apron.

“Oh yeah!” I said, remembering something important. “These are my best friends Amy and Rose!”

There were a bunch of hi’s from everyone then they went back to their conversations.

“Girls, why don’t you go put your bags upstairs,” Jamia said.

I led Amy and Rose through the bunch of people and up to my room. It was quieter upstairs thankfully. We dropped our bags on my bed then went back downstairs. It was almost ten so cake would be soon. While we waited we went to the living room where some people we didn’t know were playing Twister they were a little drunk already so the rounds didn’t last long. After the tenth game the music went off and Jamia shouted.

“Cake time!”

Before anyone could get over to Frank and Jamia Amy Rose and I ran over to them. Mikey had his bass and Ray had his guitar. When everyone was ready they started playing Happy Birthday and we all sang. When we finished singing we broke out in cheers. Then it was cake time.

Jamia had made a huge tombstone cake with black roses around it. On the tombstone was:

Frank Anthony Iero
October 31, 1981
Beloved husband, son, father, friend, and guitarist

“This looks great!” Frank exclaimed, giving her a kiss.

“Wait pictures!” Bob said, taking a camera out of his pocket.

We took a lot of pictures. We took them of the cake, Frank, Jamia, all three of us together, the band, Amy, Rose, and everyone else. It was so much fun.

Then we had the cake. It was half chocolate and half vanilla and the icing was chocolate but Jamia had added some grey to make it darker.

Amy and Rose got their cake and we went over to the empty couch. The drunken Twister guys were either getting cake, drinking more, throwing up, or a combination of the three.

The party continued. It got louder and rowdier until it was midnight and we decided to go up to my room. We could still hear everything through the floor. After washing off all our makeup we changed into pjs and put the Exorcist on. We turned the light off and jumped in the bed.

Soon we were terrified! That movie scared us so much! About an hour into it the door opened and creaked. We jumped and Rose shot out of the bed to turn on the light. We huddled under the comforter more and were fine until we heard something in my closet. After a whispered argument we got out of the bed and crept towards the closet. Amy grabbed a notebook before I reached for the door handle.

“On the count of three,” I whispered. They nodded. “One, two, three!”

Before I could open the door it was thrown open and Mike Meyers, not the comedian the evil serial killer, jumped out!

We shrieked and ran…behind my bed. We probably wouldn’t have been able to make it out the door anyway. He started coming closer and we were still screaming. The music was turned off downstairs and footsteps ran up to my room. The door opened and Frank, Jamia, and the band came running in.

“Girls, what’s wro- who’s that?” Jamia asked, pointing at Mike.

“A serial killer!” Rose shouted.

The guys were laughing and Jamia just stood there looking back and forth between them and Mike Meyers.

“What is with you?” she asked Frank. She looked over the band again and scowled. “Where’s Gerard?”

She turned to glare at Mike Meyers and he took off his face. Underneath the mask was Gerard.

“Gerard?!” we shouted. It reminded me of when they found out who the bag guy was on Scooby Doo.

“What the hell?!” Amy shrieked.

“Happy Halloween?” he smiled.

“Ok, I think we’ve all had enough excitement for one Halloween. Party time’s over. most of the people left anyway. Why don’t you guys go downstairs and start tidying up a little, I’ll be right down.”

They left after saying night to us and Jamia closed the door behind them.

“You three ok?” we nodded. “That’s good. I don’t think you should watch this anymore though,” she turned off the movie. “I’ll try to think of a way to get back at them, don’t worry. And I’ll make sure they don’t come in here again tonight. Night!”

“Night!”

She left and we put Forest Gump on. About half way through it we were all asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is for one of my bestest friends, Swirly, cause life's just super hectic and drama filled. Also my friend's brother, he's the same age as us, was Minnie Mouse last year in the dress and everything. I didn't get a pic though, darn. What'd you guys think about their costumes?