My New Parents Are Who

16

My alarm clock woke me up playing Billy Joel's Piano Man. It was getting cooler out so I put on my favorite jeans, they're dark blue and loose fitting, a Legolas t-shirt, and my Paramore hoodie. After grabbing my bag I went to the kitchen and made a cup of tea. It was getting late and Jamia still wasn't down here. I finished my tea and went up to their room.

No one answered when I knocked so I slowly opened the door and saw both of them still sleeping. I quietly walked over to Jamia and shook her a little.

"Jamia, wake up," I whispered.

"Hm...wha?" she mumbled, turning over and keeping her eyes closed.

"It's after seven, are you going to work?"

"Work," she whispered.

"Is that a yes or a no?" she didn't answer. "Jamia!" I said louder, shaking her.

"What?" she groaned, opening her eyes a little.

"It's after seven and I need to get to school, should I call Rose?"

"After seven?" she looked at the alarm clock and her eyes shot open. "Oh shit!" she jumped up, waking Frank in the process. "Why didn't the alarm go off? Sadie, get me a shirt."

"For work?"

"Yeah. Then go to the car, I'll be right out."

I got her a light green shirt then went outside. I was picking a radio station when she came running out with her bag.

"Sorry, I forgot to set the alarm last night. Will you be late?"

"No, I should be able to make it. You really need to work on waking up though, at first you just rolled over and mumbled."

"Frank and I were up late, talking. I think we fell asleep around one."

"What were you talking about?"

"Bunch of stuff. The meeting, you, the band, and some other things."

"Oh."

"Here we are. You're going to Rose's house after school right?"

"Yeah, her dad's picking us up and he'll drop us off. I'll call Frank when I have a time."

"Alright. I'll see you later. Bye."

"Ciao!"

I got out of the car and hurried to the building. I still had a few minutes before first period but not many. Amy and Rose were waiting by my locker.

"Where have you been?" Amy asked when I came up next to them.

"Jamia overslept." I said, grabbing my books for morning classes.

"You could've called me," Rose said.

"It was to late."

"Ok so you're still coming over after school right?"

"Yep."

"We're meeting outside the cafeteria."

We got to first period as the bell rang and quickly took our seats. I took out a piece of paper and wrote Amy a note.

Do you know what we're doing to the F.L.'s?

She wrote something then sent it back to Rose. Our teacher was oblivious to what was happening and we weren't the only ones passing notes. Well 'old school' notes. Most of the people were texting. Amy handed me the paper. Her reply was:

I think we should get Morton's brother to help us scare them. He owes us.

And Rose's reply was:

I'm cool with that idea. Gabe's in my History class and I sit near him. I'm sure he'll be fine with it once we threaten him.

No threatening to kill him! So what do you think of the plan, Sade?

I like it, we just have to make sure he doesn't tell Emily or the other F.L.s. How should we scare them?

I gave it to Amy and she shrugged then passed it to Rose. She quickly scribbled something down then passed it back.

I have a perfect idea! Tell you after school, I need to talk to Gabe before hand

I put the note away and started copying the stuff on the overhead. The day was boring. Students were tired and half-asleep from Halloween parties. From what Rose and Amy said high school and college Halloween parties were really popular because the cops were more concerned with making sure the middle school and younger children were safe from creepy adults and teens.

After class Amy and I asked Rose what her plan was but she wouldn't say anything. She left for History and Amy and I went to math. When the bell rang for lunch Amy and I hurried to the cafeteria but Rose wasn't there yet. A couple of minutes passed and Rose came over with chainsaw guy behind her.

"Sadie, this is Gabe, Emily's gullible brother. Idiot, this is Sadie, the one you scared to death. Sit." she sat down and started on her lunch.

Gabe stared at her for a minute then took the seat next to her, across from me. He just sat there while Rose ate her sandwich, Amy tried to open a bag of animal crackers, and I had a Rice Krispe treat.

"Alright," Rose said when she finished her sandwich. "You're here because you owe us and you're sister and her friends are bitches. Any questions?" Gabe just sat there. "Good. Now we need you to help us get back at them because you know all about Emily and don't try to say you don't because you're always hanging out with her and you have no friends."

"That's not-"

"True? Well it's mostly true, whenever I see you you're always hanging with the bitches. Now back to the point, we need your help and don't you dare try to weasel your way out of it or say anything to the bitches. If you do, you will regret it very much. Now I've been brain storming and I have a few ideas but I need your help to pick the one that we'll do. After school Amy and Sade are coming over my house, you're coming."

"What if I had something to do?" Gabe asked, crossing his arms. He was beginning to get annoyed with Rose.

"Postpone or cancel. You. Owe. Us. Meet us outside the cafeteria after school and don't take to long. You can leave now." she started on a rice cake without another glance at him.

Gabe threw her a dirty look before getting up quickly and leaving.

"God, I hate him," Amy said. She had gotten the bag open and was eating the little animals.

"How do you know he won't say anything?" I asked, looking over to where he was sitting. He was alone and doing homework.

"Because he's a loner and a compulsive liar, no one believes him." I gave Rose a look. "But he's never once lied to me, we used to be best buds. He still never lies and if he tries to I always know. So don't worry, he won't blab."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I'm taking so long to update, I have this, Panic with a Paramore, and Cianide to update and I started another story the other day that I want to try to make into a book so far I'm on the second chapter! The first chapter's short but whatever. I will try to update more often and sorry that I suck at updating!