My New Parents Are Who

5

The next morning Aunt Marie drove me to my house. We had a couple cardboard boxes in the backseat and my step-uncle was coming over later with a pick-up truck. I went into my house for the first time in over a week. It was so empty.

“Sweetie, why don’t we start with your room?”

“Alright.”

We went in and I looked around my room. I sighed knowing that after this I most likely wouldn’t be back for awhile.

I put on the radio and got to work. First I threw all my clothes into boxes so my dresser would be lighter. Then was time for the books. I wasn’t bringing the bookcase because there were shelves in my new room. The books took the longest because I had to put the heaviest ones on the bottom but I didn’t want to do that to my Harry Potter books, they were my babies. Finally Aunt Marie threatened to just throw them into the car so I put them away gently. After that were CDs, DVDs, and notebooks. That didn’t take long but posters were next. It hurt to take down my Harry Potter wall, there were so many posters! When that was done we just had the left over stuff that was lying around my room.

“Want me to call Mark now?” Aunt Marie asked.

“Yeah, we’re keeping everything at your house until you come home tomorrow right?”

“Yep, I’ll be right back.”

She left the room and I made sure I had everything. When Aunt Marie came back she helped me load two of the boxes into the backseat of the car and one in the trunk. When Mark came we loaded the rest of the boxes and my dresser into the truck.

The next day I went to school to hand in all my assignments for a final grade and clean out my regular and gym lockers. It got really emotional when my friends saw me. After a lot of crying and hugs I left to Aunt Marie’s house. Cathy was already home, Cody was still at school, Aunt Marie was a math teacher at a school about a half hour away, and Mark was an orthodontist so he was at the office.

I had about an hour until Aunt Marie came home so I called Jamia to make sure it was till alright that we brought everything over.

“Hey.” Jamia said. In the background I could hear a guitar blasting. “Ugh, one second. Frank! Cut the noise for five minutes!” she shouted. “Sorry about that. Who is this?”

“Jamia? It’s Sadie.”

“Oh, hi! Sorry about that, all the guys are here and practicing. What’s up?”

“I just wanted to make sure it was still ok if Aunt Marie, my step-uncle Mark, and I drop most of my things tonight.”

“Sure! Then you can meet everyone and I can meet your aunt and uncle. What time do you think you’ll be here?”

“If it doesn’t take long to get everything back in the car about three hours. So probably around six.”

“Sounds good, we’ll be here.” there was a crash and Jamia groaned. “What did you break now? Sadie, I have to go see you later.”

“Bye.”

I hung up and read for the rest of the time. When Aunt Marie and Mark came home we loaded up the car and started the drive. Cathy was watching Cody while we were gone. A little over two hours later we pulled up in front of the house. I led Aunt Marie and Mark up to the front door and rang the doorbell. There was a stampede of feet before the door was opened and we were greeted by Jamia and the men of My Chemical Romance.