My New Parents Are Who

7

When we finished my room we went downstairs. Jamia still wasn’t home; she called Frank about twenty minutes ago to say she wouldn’t be back until around one. Right now we were sitting in the living room bored.

“What should we do?” Frank asked.

“Watch a movie?” Ray suggested.

“Which one?”

“What’s your favorite movie?” Mikey asked me.

“Titanic,” they made a face, “ok, no. I know! Can I surprise you?”

“Sure…” Frank said hesitantly.

I ran up to my room and looked at my DVDs. I chose one of my favorites and ran back downstairs. After making sure the guys wouldn’t see I put it on.

“What is this?” Bob asked.

“You’ll see,” I said with a smile as it started.

The music started and I laughed at their faces. When they saw the title they looked at me.

“Hairspray?” Frank asked.

“One of my favorites!”

When Good Morning Baltimore was over I started saying all of the words then stood up before Nicest Kids in Town came on. After making sure I wasn’t in anyone’s way. I started dancing and singing. When Edna came on I laughed.

“What do you think of John Travolta as a woman?” I asked.

“That’s John Travolta?” Gerard asked.

“Yep!”

When the song finished I sat down, my sides hurt! Every time a song came on I danced along and recited almost every word. When the movie finished I turned it off and looked at the guys.

“What did you think?”

“That was awesome!” Frank shouted.

“Interesting,” Bob said.

“Nice dancing,” Mikey commented.

“How many things are you obsessed with?” Gerard asked.

“To many.”

The front door opened and Jamia came in carrying some bags.

“Frank, help!”

“Coming,” he went outside to the car.

She went into the kitchen and I followed. She was starting to take the groceries out.

“Hi, Sadie! I hope you were ok with the boys.”

“It was fun. They helped me put posters up then we watched a movie.”

“Which one?”

“Hairspray.”

“You actually got them to sit through it?”

“Yep!” I started helping her put the groceries away.

“I hope I got the right food, I wasn’t exactly sure what to get.”

“It’s fine.”

Frank came into the room followed by Ray and Mikey. We finished putting everything away and Frank, Mikey, and Ray went into the living room while Jamia and I stayed in the kitchen.

“What do you think about pasta for dinner?” she asked.

“Sounds great!”

“So tomorrow you’re starting school. It’s a few blocks away so I’ll drive you.”

“Ok. What time should I be up by?”

“Depends how long it takes you to get ready. You should probably be ready by seven fifteen.”

“Ok, six then.”

“Frank and I had an idea and we wanted to run it by you.”

“Shoot.”

“Well for Thanksgiving we were thinking of having our parents over for dinner. What do you think about that?”

“It sounds great; I mean they are my grandparents’ right? I should meet them.”

“I’m so glad you want to do this!”

“When is Thanksgiving again?”

“A little over a month. Oh! I forgot!”

“What?”

“Frank’s birthday is soon.”

“It’s on Halloween right?”

“Yeah. Do you still Trick or Treat?”

“Yeah, I either go with my family or a group of friends.”

“Perfect. I’ll throw Frank a surprise party. Halloween’s on a…Friday this year,” she said, checking the calendar. “Would it be alright if he went around with you then when I give you a call you both come over?”

“Sure.”

“Ok then I’ll start planning for that. Do you need to go to the store for your costume?”

“No, I’ve had mine since August. I’m going as Jack from Titanic.”

“Interesting.” She gasped. “What if we make it a costume party?”

“That would be awesome!”

“I hope he likes this. Can you help me with dinner?”

“Of course.”

We started making a huge spaghetti dinner; I was starting to feel like Jamia was sort of like a mom now.
♠ ♠ ♠
My sister, lovingDRACOmalfoy, helped with the Hairspray idea. Also, I got the pic of my Harry Potter wall up and that's what Sadie's HP wall is based off.