My New Parents Are Who

8

The next morning I was up a little before six. I took a quick shower and changed into a pair of black skinny jeans, a plaid skirt, and a Twilight shirt. Then I blow-dried my hair, put eyeliner on, and went to my room. I grabbed a Skeleanimals hoodie, knee-length rainbow socks, my converses, and my bookbag. I went down to the kitchen where Jamia was sitting.

I got a green apple and sat next to her. We had to leave in fifteen minutes so I didn’t rush. When I finished eating I went upstairs to brush my teeth.

Jamia and I were about to leave when Frank came running downstairs.

“And you said I wouldn’t wake up on time,” he said to Jamia before turning to me. “Good luck today!” then he hugged me.

“Thanks.” I hugged him back a little and he let go.

“I’d go with you but I’m running late and by the look Jamia’s giving me so are you. Bye.”

“Bye. See you after school.”

Jamia and I went out to the car and she drove the few blocks to the school.

“Um do you want me to come in or…?” she asked.

“Come in please.” I was really nervous.

We got out of the car and went into the school. We found the office and went in.

“Can I help you?” the secretary asked.

“My daughter’s starting today. Sadie Royce?”

She looked through some papers before holding up a packet.

“Here we are. Here’s your schedule, a map of the school, your locker number and combination, and your teachers have to sign this. Would you like helping your locker and class?”

“Yes please.” It’s not like I could really find it that easily on my own, lady.

“Alright give me a minute to find a student.”

“I have to go Sadie but I’ll be here after school to pick you up. You’ll do great.” She gave me a big hug.

“Thanks so much. I’ll see you later.”

She left and the secretary came in with a girl who looked about my age. She was wearing grey jeans, a Nightmare Before Christmas shirt, and a hoodie that had vampire clouds all over it. Her hair was blonde on top and underneath was black.

“Sadie, this is Amethyst. She’s in a few of your classes and will show you around.”

“I go by Amy,” she said.

“Hi.”

“You two better get going.” The secretary said, giving me my things.

“Come on.” Amy took my hand and led me out of the office. “I hate that woman.” She said once we were out of earshot.

“Why?”

“She just really annoys me. What’s your locker number?”

“108.”

“Ok we’re in the same hallway.”

First we went to her locker then she took me to mine.

“Schedule,” she said while I put my things away. I handed it to her. “We have all morning together and lunch and English seventh. Let’s get to science.”

The morning classes went by slowly, at lunch we sat at a table with three of her friends and they were really nice. After that she left me at my study hall and had to leave. After gym, which I got to sit out of, I went to English. The teacher, who seemed really nice, put me in the back next to where she said Amy sat. I was reading and waiting for the bell to ring when three girls came over.

“You’re the new girl right?” one of them asked.

“Yeah.”

“Were you at Frank Iero’s house yesterday?”

“Yeah.”

“Why?”

“Because.”

“Because why?”

“Hey piranhas,” Amy snapped as she came into the room. “Back off.”

“What are you going to do about it?” the girl asked.

“You don’t want to know,” she growled, cracking her knuckles.

The girls glared at her and walked away. Amy took her seat next to me and started getting out her books.

“Thanks,” I said.

“Don’t worry about it. Those three are huge Frank fans. If they give you anymore trouble just tell me.”

“Ok, thanks again.”

The rest of the day went smoothly. After school Jamia picked me up and drove home. I told her all about my day.

“It seems like you had a great time. I’m sorry but I have to run back to work, will you be ok home alone until Frank comes home?”

“Yeah.”

“I hate leaving you like this.”

“It’s fine really.”

“Alright.” She said hesitantly. “Frank should be home in an hour, hour and a half at the most. You have our numbers right?”

“Yes and everyone’s addresses just in case.” It made me feel loved how much she worried.

I went inside and tried to think of something to do. I got my Ipod and speakers and went to the kitchen. I washed the dishes which had been stacking up a little. When Frank came home I was still washing them and dancing around, singing.

“You are a one of a kind kid,” he said before helping me.