‹ Prequel: Been to Hell
Status: Don't be a silent reader :)

The Way You Lie

The Truth

That night I found myself watching out of the window of a squad car. The trees flew by in the dark night air, the only sound was the buzzing radio that the cop kept answering to. I was scared, not only for myself but Zane as well. They never told us what was going on, or where we were going. Just that it was all over now, I had began to fear for our lives. Were we going to prison? Or is it just another interrogation? I shifted in my seat, feeling the sharp hand cuffs dig into my boney wrist.

“What’s going on?” I demanded, trying to should the least bit frightened.

My head turned to look back at the squad car following us, Zane was trapped inside of there. When I turned back the cop was glancing back at me, but he didn’t seem inclined to answer my questions. My heart began to beat loudly in my ears, it was like a drum that killed my scull. All the noise was making me feel sick. How am I supposed to carry a child if I am in jail? Will they help me, or will I be forced into sticking it out. What if Zane and I don’t get let out? Will I ever see him again?

“I still have rights!” I snapped, trying to get the information I need.

Finally I got a response, he turned down the radio and then pulled off his cap. I recognized him, but I’m not sure from where. “You’ve just lost your rights, Emily dear. You’re mine again.” He chuckled loudly and I felt like I would pass out. The man who raped me sat in the drivers seat. We weren’t going to jail, we were conned into leaving our safe house back into the arms of the murderous men. “He has a deal for you this time, one that you’d best not refuse.”

After that I just began freaking out more, there’s no way we can survive again. We barely made it last time, and this time I’m pregnant. My head rested against the cold window in hopes that it would clear my mind, but it didn’t. I just looked intently out of the window until we pulled up to a dead end road. That’s when the door’s suddenly unlocked and he stepped out. Zane’s shouting could now be heard, and he wasn’t being very polite. I realized that it was his step father who was driving him.

Before I knew what was happening I was tugged out by my hair and tossed onto the ground like a rag doll, Zane just about had a heart attack. I braced myself for a kick or a punch, but three words made them freeze with a small delight.

“Don’t! She’s pregnant!” Zane screeched, making something more that they could use to their advantage. Slowly I lifted my head out of the mud and watched them glare at Zane. Yet Zane was looking worriedly at me, telling me to run with his eyes. But I knew that if I tried they would catch me anyway.

“All the more reason to accept this.” His step father growled, pushing him against the car door. “You are the only one of us that knows how to break locks, and I need money. I’ll kill her if you don’t.” A gun was pointed down at my head and tears began to weld up in my eyes. They blocked the image of the man pointing it at me who sported blond hair and dark gray eyes. They were still frightening to me, I didn’t ever want to see him. The memories haunted me.

Zane sighed deeply. “I have conditions that must be met, and there are quite a few.” His step father nodded and the man lowered his gun. “First off, Emily will not be harmed ever. I want these cuffs off us, and I want a bedroom with her were there will again be nothing restraining us. Also, as soon as she gets ready to give birth we will leave and never be sought by you again. Also, I want a nurse to care for Emily.”

“Deal, but there will be video cameras in your room and she will be confided to the room.”

His step father agreed and unlocked Zane’s hand cuffs and began to head back to the stolen cop car, allowing Zane’s access to the keys. The man I absolutely hated lowered his gun and copied his boss. Though I don’t believe that was one of their best choices. Zane sat me up and then unlocked my cuffs. He granted me a kiss on the forehead then a tug to get me on my feet. Disguised as a hug he touched my stomach lightly and one more kiss.

“I’ll cover for you.” He slipped his cell phone into my front pocket. “I want you to run into the woods and lay low for a while. This phone has a tracking that Charlie follows, so just call him when your safe. Be careful, protect our kid. I love you, now run.”

I still felt tears fill my eyes, but I knew that I had to run. If I wasn’t pregnant I would argue, but he is right. He’ll find me eventually, Charlie will save him. I nodded and backed up a few steps before turning and running as fast as I could into the woods were the cars couldn’t follow. The shouts started and someone started following me.

“Stop!” Zane snapped. “You have me, that’s enough! Besides, you promised she’d be kept alone!”

“Stop!” His step father snapped, their voices were beginning to fade in the distance. But so did the sound of the man following me. I was safe now, at least half way. I can do this, then I can get back and protect Zane. Suddenly my foot caught underneath a uprooted tree root, I face planted and my pants ripped and hooked onto the root. I couldn’t get off. Not two seconds after my fall I was yanked up by my hair yet again. I wasn’t even given time to feel the pain from the fall.

Lips pressed to my ear. “You’ll regret that Emily.” He hissed angrily, after which I was tugged back to the cars. Zane had been shoved back into the car where his face was pressed against the glass. The hope in his eyes died with he seen me, I knew we wouldn’t have a chance to try that again. “She’ll go to my house for the time being, at least until he starts listening.”

“A couple months.” Riley-step father- nodded. “But don’t do anything to that baby, we can use that to our advantage later. He won’t try anything with Emily on the line, I can’t wait to see what’ll he’ll do to protect that kid.” I felt my heart jump into my throat in fear. They cannot leave me with him, please not again. “I’m not joking, you went really far last time and she is technically my daughter in law and I don’t want much to happen with her.”

He grabbed my arm and then started tugging me to the car, that’s when I just about had a heart attack. There is no way I wouldn’t be scared of going with him. I yanked for a moments until he finally stopped then growled a bit at me, yet it did catch Riley’s attention.

“Okay, stop. Just put her in the car with him and he’ll only be able to see her once a month. Only if he starts to listen to us that is.” Riley was the one to take me this time, and thankfully I truly was placed into the back with Zane. The next thing we knew the car was locking and the two evil accomplices were yelling at each other.

Zane tucked me close and kissed my forehead with shaky lips. “Thank god he didn’t take you, holey crap. I’m sorry.”

I glanced through his hair out the window and tried to find another way out. “Where are we going?”

Zane sighed and leaned back against the seat. “He’s a drug dealer, Emily. A dangerous job that will get me killed if something goes wrong, if I get killed…so do you. There’s this factory that he stores the stuff in, we’ll be kept there. Which means that if the cops find us, we’ll be heavily involved. Not to mention there are many sketchy character’s there that I defiantly don’t trust. When we get there, don’t draw attention to yourself. Please, I’ll do all I can do to get us out of there. Yet, we could be there until you have the baby. Still, I’ll do my best.”

I found myself staring blanking at him. Was this man the reason for Zane’s knowledge on drugs? I could’ve never been drugged if it weren’t for this guy, we could’ve had a normal relationship from the beginning. But was that what I wanted? If it wasn’t for all those wacky things we went through I don’t think we’d be as close as we are now, in fact if he hadn’t drugged me when all those people were screaming-back at the house where I was put into when he kidnapped me- I would’ve run. I know that for sure because I would’ve thought that he was going to kill me.

Zane tilted his head then placed his hand on my cheek. “Emily? You okay? They didn’t hurt you did they?”

I finally began talking, hoping that I wouldn’t start freaking out. “Zane…how are we going to get out of here exactly?”

He frowned the removed his hand. “I really don’t know, but promise me that if I find a way for you to get out then you’ll take it and get back to Charlie.”

I honestly didn’t like that idea, but before I could answer his step father got back into the car and pointed a gun back at Zane with a glare on his face. Again Zane did his best stupid way to protect me, he stuffed me behind him and cover me.

“That was a stupid move Zane, and don’t tell me it was all her because that girl wouldn’t do anything without your influence. You better start listening to me because if it weren’t for me he was going to take her again. We both know what that means, so if you’re good to me then I’m good to her. Enough said.” He lowered his gun and then started the car, Zane just sat there speechless and unmoving. It was only my fingers touching his skin that made him unfreeze. He turned into my arms and let me hug him close to try and stop him for attacking the his step father. Which would force him to crash the car and kill us.

My lips pressed to his ear, when I did this his arms tightened around me. “Calm down, I-….it’s okay.”

“You only get to see her once a month now. I’m locking her up so you can’t get to her because otherwise I have to worry about you running the hell away.” I looked out of the back window and saw the man I couldn’t stand was following us as well, yet all I could really freak out about was being locked up without Zane. Will they really do this to us?

“No!” Zane finally snapped , just about jumping forward to punch him. Thankfully I could actually hold him back. “I won’t do it, I won’t do anything. I’m not kidding, if she is taken away from me I will not do anything.”

“Um, ya you will. Plus I’m making her take a pregnancy test when we get back so I know you’re not lying.” He growled, glancing back for a moment and pointing at me. “If she’s that important to you I think it’s best for you to start following my orders. Put her in the front.” He patter the front seat, and this time I ended up being the one clutching onto him. There is no way I am going up there with that mad man. He pointed the gun back and slowed down the car for a moment. “Now.”

“It’s okay.” He started pushing me up to the front seat, all the time I just kept chattering.

“No no no.” I whimpered quietly. Not able to stop him from pushing me into the passenger seat. Then Zane reached over and pulled the seat belt out so I knew he wanted me to buckle. I did then slid as far away from Riley as I could. He glanced at me for a moment and then turned back to the window. Zane just reached up to keep a hand between us to try and protect. This is going to be an extremely hard nine months.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter to the third book, so exciting :) Comments guys, please. I'm loosing readers and it kills me inside. So, if no comment at least help me recruit. :)