‹ Prequel: Been to Hell
Status: Don't be a silent reader :)

The Way You Lie

Answers

That day was a long one indeed. It was filled with my worried glances at Zane and the sight of trees whizzing past the car as Riley flew down the road. I had never resented trees so much in my life, even when we were lost in the woods while escaping him the last time. Everywhere I looked I seen a splurge of every color green imaginable. By the time we reached a large abandon factory around midnight I had vowed to block even the slightest thought of a tree out of my mind for good. That’s what gave me the perfect opportunity to examine the factory that was almost certain to become my new home. This building sported many broken windows that made me wonder how long it had been neglected. I felt a small compassion for this eerie looking thing, maybe even a connection. Would I look like this when they were through with us? Creepy keep out signs were the next things I observed, and that worried me and much as it excited me. If there were signs that meant that people passed through here often, but it could also mean that no one came here and someone that was unfortunate enough to pass might want to hightail it away. Though by that time I had come to the conclusion that it was probably my second guess I was resting my head tiredly against the window and everyone else had kind of relaxed. Almost like they knew this was the end of the journey as well as I did, Zane knew he couldn’t find a way out now and Riley just smirked like he owned the world. He knew he won and he also knew that the fight was over. There was no point in trying here, one look at me explained that I was to tried to put up a fight. Hell, I was struggling to stay awake right now even as the car stopped and Riley began to reach for me. Although my heart just about slammed out of my chest, Zane was the only one to truly react. He just about body slammed him and Riley was lucky to dodge, his body was placed at an angle that only shouted protective and alarm.

“Don’t touch her.” Zane warned. Though within the dispute we missed my hated enemy sneaking up to yank open Zane’s door and tare him out of the car unwillingly. I was left in that car alone thing, feeling Riley lean forward again to pull me out by my forearm with ease even though I desperately tried to grip the door. A spark of hope still residing in my heart that it was a possible get away. But when am I ever right? “Hey! Let me go!” Zane screeched angrily at…well I don’t entirely know his name. This time I thought it in my best interest to stop resisting Riley and let him do what ever he wanted. He wasn’t going to give up, so I didn’t struggle when he finally managed to pull me from the car. I was to tired and scared to make one wrong move against him. I think Zane saw that in the sheer fear in my face. “I said don’t touch her!” Zane was franticly trying to get do me but was being held back with an odd hold that he couldn’t really move in.

“It’s me or Axel.” Riley pointed to the man holding Zane, we had just finally found out this man’s name. “I think you’d rather have her with me, would you not?” He still held me by my forearm and was now yanking me along as he walked. I would’ve tried to keep up honestly, but Zane was still making quite the fuss behind me and to be honest it was scary. I believe that Riley noticed that and simply addressed it was a warning glance down at me. He didn’t want me acting out as well and I guess that was understandable.

When we reached the front door I was surprised to find a skeleton key whipped out of Riley’s pocket. A skeleton key is a key that unlocks every door in the home or building, more or less a master key. Not only that, but I didn’t see any other keys in his possession which meant that stealing a key unnoticed would be quite hard if not impossible. The lock groaned as it clicked open and then I was surprised to see the inside just as bare as the outside. With the exception of some stray papers and a desk in the corner it was completely empty. Along the walls lay exactly five metal doors with vulgar words scraped against the faded grey metal. I was yanked inside and so was Zane, Axel seemed to enjoy slamming the door shut to seal our fate. He released Zane as he started locking pad locks on the inside of the door, each with a different key. I’m never going to get out of here. He left Zane knowing that he couldn’t get out, but I believe Riley kept a hold of me for collateral. As Axel passed his hot fingers glided against my cheek and I swear I just about jumped far enough away right into Riley’s arms. Zane tried to jump to the rescue but Riley spun me away and Axel chuckled.

“Ah ah ah, mustn’t touch.” Axel tisked at him, knowing that it was killing Zane inside to see him this close to me. “You’re very possessive of her, I like watching you squirm.” Thankfully if was Axel this time who trotted back to the desk where he plopped down and folded his fingers. “What rooms will be issued?” This man has some serious problems, if we are ever caught I’m going to insist mental asylum for him.

Riley just seemed to roll his eyes and tugged me behind him once more. His fingers were beginning to turn my skin red and making my arm ache. I tripped over my feet a couple times as he tugged me over to the door that had things written on it that I’d rather not say out loud or in my head for that matter. The door flew open and I was shoved inside the dark dungeon looking room. As the door slammed shut in front of my face I began to hear Zane’s angry yelling begin.

I took that time to look around the windowless room that was only lighted my a single bulb hanging from a wire in the ceiling. When you first looked into the room you seen a small hallway that led to the other damp cement wall with an old cracked toilet at the end. As I dragged my feet over the sanded floor I rounded the tiny corner to find a mattress literally stuffed in amount of space that was there. It was actually to big for the space even though it was just a twin, it curled a little because of that. Thankfully the mattress looked clean and newly bedded with a pure white sheet and a thin curtain looking thing for a blanket. The pillow was white as well and what looked like small hearts on it. Hardly appropriate but what could I do?

Something hard hit my door with enough force to make me squeak out in surprise and curl into ball between the toilet and the mattress. The yelling got louder and more aggressive.

“Let her out of there! I won’t work!” Zane threatened, the handle of the door turned and was yanked upon with a lot of force.

Riley seemed to laugh. “You will because you don’t want me to kill her, she’s not someone I love so don’t think that I wouldn’t do that to you. I did turn your mother against you, I can do it with this girl as well. But it’d be worse because she’d be six feet under not just sitting next to you staring.” He threatened, Zane’s body was slammed up against a wall. “You won’t see her, you won’t touch her, nothing. At least not until you prove your worth to me, until then the only face she’ll likely see is Axel’s so you better damn well do as told. During the day we’ll be leaving, you and I. We will be doing that job and Axel will take care of your little wife, how ever he sees fit.” My breath caught in my chest and I swear I almost started screaming along with Zane. Yet somehow I felt the need to clench my words inside my chest. “Your room will be the last one, far away from her.”

That was the end of the yelling for the night, Zane had actually did as he was told. Maybe it was the threat about killing me, but I think it was mostly about Axel. He was worried and I could tell even though the walls. After a while of staring at the blank door that housed many scratch marks of people trying to escape I crawled into the bed and carefully checked it for anything vial. Thankfully nothing was found and I actually worked up the courage to lay down and curl against the pillow. Music began playing outside the door, nothing that I had expected to hear from either of those to. Piano music that echoed softly and was almost like a lullaby, yet that couldn’t been their intention.

I was just about dozing off with hands protecting my stomach as the lock on the door rattled and creaked. I was to lazy to sit up and run because I was already the furthest away from it I could get. It opened, then closed probably in attempt to keep my sealed it. Axel was the one to appear at the foot of the bed, looking quite tired to say the least. A small pile of clothing rested in his buff arms and I felt the tears of fear weld up in my eyes. He shuffled a little and stood there for a moment until I could manage a whisper out of my shaking chest.

“What?”

He lowered down and sat on the edge of the bed, nibbling on his lower lip. “You have to change into these clothes.” He gestured towards the pile. “Just because we don’t know what you have in the clothing you brought with you.” He seemed to be more soft spoken then he was with me the last time we had a similar situation, almost like I had grown on him. I can tell you now he hadn’t grown on me.

I was intent on doing what they said just in case I could see Zane again. “Okay.” He look surprised when I slowly sat up to take the clothing from him. “Are you going to watch.”

He chuckled a bit and shrugged. “Its not like I haven’t seen you naked.” I winced a little and shifted away from him again, hating him bringing up that eventful night. It was terrifying for me, but I guess he thought it was normal…how many girls had he done that to? “…Sorry.” I just turned my back to him and did what I was told, change my clothes. By the time my top half was off I could feel him inching closer, I froze then, shuttering under the touch was his chilling fingers. He was tracing over the indent on the side of my ribs, I remembered it because it was the time Zane had gotten into a fight with me at Peter’s house. I remembered it so vividly because the next night had been the time we first slept together, on the damned floor of the death trap of a trailer. “What happened, this is a big indent. I noticed it before, I haven’t thought about it until now.”

“Nothing.” I fibbed, unable to make a move. I was afraid I was provoke him and he’s try something again that I have tried to block out of my brain.

“Did Zane hurt you?” He whispered. No more then you have you worthless jerk. My head shook again knowing that he was asking me to release a secret that only Zane and I knew. Something that I guarded closely to my heart, never to forget. He leaned back again and I took this as the time to slip on a grey outfit that consisted of a sports bra, an oversized hoddie, underwear and booty exercise shorts. I pulled the hood up in hopes that he’d get the hint and leave when I curled against the pillow once more. Yet I found him tracing his fingers over scars, I felt so uncomfortable. He ran over the scars at my wrists and ankles from the ropes, the other indents, the bumps, he even found the bullet wound scar with all the surgeries around it. Honestly he was feeling me up and I didn’t like it. I longed for Zane to burst into the room and save me, but that wasn’t going to happen. “You’re very pretty, Emily. Despite what he has done to you.”

My face hardened, protecting Zane was one of the only things I could truly do here. “He didn’t do any of this.” Lies rolled off from my tongue with ease.

“The lies you spout are humorous. He grew up with Riley, Emily. I know what he is capable of. In some ways he is worse then me.”

I ignored him then, slipping off the bottom half of my outfit to slink into the shorts. I could feel his eyes burning into my back, it made me almost sick to my stomach. The images going though his head right now worried me completely, being raped again was not on my list of things to do. I had hoped that Riley would be the one to take care of be, but it was false hope granted that.

When I turned I found his to close for comfort. His hot breath spilled over my face, making me cringe with fear. His eyes suffered from lust and desire giving away what he truly wanted. Maybe the reason why he was my bully in school was exactly what Zane had said, he liked me and wanted me. That wasn’t something that was going to happen anytime soon though considering how terrified I was of him.

His big hand came up to cup my cheek, feeling me freeze completely underneath it. “I have another thing to ask of you.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a familiar white stick, a pregnancy test.

I took it, knowing that when it came up positive they would take extra care with me. That was something I wanted. “You’re leaving for this.” I demanded in a weak voice, there was no way I was sitting on the toilet with him in here. He just nodded and walked out as quickly as he could go. Maybe he wanted it to be negative, there was a reason behind that that I feared.

After using the bathroom I curled up back on my mattress and waited for the pink plus to appear. Thoughts raced through my mind as I wondered what they would do. Zane had made them promise but that didn’t really mean anything to me. Fear struck my heart as it came up positive just as I knew it would, now I just have to show Axel.

I sucked in some air then stood up, dragging my feet over the sand floor until I reached the door. My hand shook as it knocked quietly worried about what he would say. The door swung outward and I saw him waiting impatiently, Riley was sitting at the old desk looking this way as well. He took the stick and I watched his eyes widen in anger not in surprise. With enough force to kill me he slammed the door which almost broke my nose I swear, but I dodged it by falling onto my butt in the cold sand. What are they planning now? Scrambling back to the mattress I wrapped in the sheet and hid against the cold concrete wall, hoping that I could protect myself.

Screams of anger began. “She’s only eighteen!” Axel growled in frustration, his foot kicked my door hard.

Riley seemed to snort back some amusement. “So what, she was only seventeen when you raped the poor thing. I’m pretty sure she knew what she was getting herself into, she’s his wife and I’m sure they were planning on having children.” Another bang on a door, Zane was fighting back again.

“That man has done worse thing to her then I have.” Axel whined in a voice that screamed desperate, he wanted the baby gone. My arms automatically crossed over my stomach in protection.

Riley laughed again, his chair screeching back while he got up. “Oh please, Zane treats that girl like she owns the world. But if it’ll make you feel better I’ll discuss some things over with both of them. You never know, they might want to get rid of it.” My eyes bulged out of my head, that is not happening no mater what I have to do to protect the kid. Zane knows that so he’d better answer correctly. Foot steps led to my door and I tightened the blanket more. When it opened I debated running for not only my life but the baby’s as well. It slammed shut and Riley appeared around the corner, sitting down at the send of the mattress. They both seemed like they were afraid to scare me, like they didn’t really want to do me harm it was only for Zane.

“Where’s Zane?” I whispered quietly, hoping that I could talk to him. I don’t care if it was a moment or an hour, I just want to talk.

Riley pressed his back against the wall and stretched his long legs out. “He’s here, but you can’t see him. Your both in trouble with the stunt you pulled about running away. Sadly, that’s not the point I wanted to talk about. This baby, lets talk about that.” I’m not sure if he wanted me to reply and that’s what he paused for, but I just found myself staring him down. That brought a chuckle out of his chest.

“Answer my questions first then I’ll answer yours.” I crossed my arms over my chest. Negotiating was going to occur here other wise I’m going to have problems. He shrugged then nodded. “What’d you do to Natalie?” Peter’s wife had been there last time, I remember because he shot at her. Though I’m not sure if she made it out alive as well.

He smiled brightly and that was a good sign. “Oh, Peter paid to get her back. I did shot at her that day, but I only nicked her arm thank god. I was just so ticked off at Zane that I lost it for a moment.”

Thank god, I had worried so much. “When do I get to see Zane?”

He was still chipper, but I was loosing all insight on the funny matter he was seeing. “Oh a couple months maybe. Depends on how well he does.”

Then I asked a question that made his eyes narrow and his freeze a tad. “Do I have to be afraid of Axel?”

He held up his hand. I flinched away not knowing if I was going to be slapped or hit, but it just rested on my shoulder in a coxing manner. “No, you do not have to be afraid of him. I’ll keep his in line, he just doesn’t think straight sometimes and it gets the best of him. He’s a schizophrenic, honey. He doesn’t know what he’s doing sometimes.”

I looked up at him through my eye lashes, glancing over at his hand for a moment. How could he let Axel in here if it was possible he could loose it like last time. “Okay…Your turn.”

He smiled proudly then leaned back into the wall. “Are you sure about this kid, Emily?” I just nodded, not sure what he wanted to here. “Okay good. Do you think Zane is okay with this baby?” I nodded once more, knowing that Zane was happy that I was pregnant. “Alright then, that’s about it. Good night.”

It was odd, but he left with somewhat of a skip in his step. The large locks clicked madly and the light flickered off. I found myself shivering in fear underneath the covers and cuddling into the blanket in hopes that nothing would happen as I nodded off into the world of soft dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry, I thought I posted this chapter :) Whoops