‹ Prequel: Been to Hell
Status: Don't be a silent reader :)

The Way You Lie

Here we go

During that night I had faintly heard Zane arguing with someone, then a pin prick in my arm. After that everything became hazy again, the longer the haze went on the weaker I got and the more Axel showed up. All I know for sure is that when I woke up for real the first time after that, Axel told me he had kept me drugged for a week. Something about the punishment again, and that he wanted to get Zane out of here with out me pitching a fit. I never answered him after that, I was to afraid that one thing I would say would set him off. It wasn’t as bad with him when I knew Riley was out of the door, I think that was because he decided he didn’t want Axel to ruin the pregnancy. Maybe he had a soft spot for children, but all I know is that if he allowed Axel to do as he pleased with me-which I shouldn’t have to explain and also mention that it happened more then once- that Axel was not to lay a hand on my middle area. Sometimes when I made to loud of a whimpering sound I could hear Zane freaking out in the other room again, but other then that all I heard was Axel and Riley’s whispering to each other.

One day-maybe another week after Axel took over- I found myself in a fight with him once more. It was about me hiding things again, and this time I was honestly telling the truth about not having anything. I knew Riley wasn’t there to break it up, and neither was Zane when I was hit hard enough to let out a scream and no one called back. Yet again my arms did nothing to protect myself, all I did was wrap a protective barrier around my stomach and hope to god I didn’t pass out.

Axel’s hand slammed down onto my little barrier and I found myself slamming into the cement wall in response. I instantly saw the look a child gave you when they knew they did something wrong in his eyes. It was the puppy dog eyes, the ones that said whoops. My body slumped a little in pain and I felt a thin line of blood seep down my face. He watched me as I calculated my wounds. Head trauma, many bruises-that covered my face, neck, thies and now torso- then there was the but on my forehead and now my cut up feet. He gave me the look again then slammed me down onto my mattress.

“Stay quiet!” He snapped, storming out of my cubby then slamming the door closed.

I found myself curling into a ball and starting to cry with fear and pain. My tears weren’t particularly loud, but they did have a slight whimpering accompanied with them. Even as I sat as still as I could I still shook hard and tried to gain composer. Yet as time went on the shaking got worse and it eventually became accompanied by coughs and slight sneezes. I do believe that’s what alerted Riley when he came home, he didn’t even put Zane up before I found both of them in my room with worry. Zane’s scared face I expected, but Riley’s was a surprise. When Zane tried to reach down to touch me I instantly knew he wasn’t looking at the cut on my head or the bruises on my face, Zane was looking at my banged up legs and he instantly tried to make a murderous run for the door to slaughter Axel. Riley stopped him and whispered warningly.

“You stay here and get some time with her, you do not do one thing to hurt that boy.” Riley warned. “I’ll let him do worse to her if you do.” Riley then began walking out the door but Zane‘s angry voice threatened him.

He watched me as he spit through his teeth. “He raped her Riley. That was on my requests not to happen, I demand a room with her and if not I refuse to work for you any longer.”

Riley just laughed and began walking out of the door. “You can leave when even you like, but you’re working for her freedom, plus the freedom of your unborn child. You’re in no position to try and demand things.” The door slammed close.

Zane hand came gently down and he checked my legs then face. I was granted a smile but then a frown when he checked my legs again and found that every time he touched my cold skin I began to shudder in fear even more. I probably shouldn’t be afraid of him, but for some reason I found my heart beating and my body shaking every time he got near that area.

“It’s okay, baby.” He soothed, watching me turn my head into the grimy pillow as he checked everything…and I mean everything. But I guess that’s his duty as my husband. “Shh, I’m not going to hurt you.” A cry of fear escaped my lips when he got to close for comfort and my body retreated back into its protective ball. Then he did something that made me jump a little but also turn to him in comfort. He wrapped his arms around me and tucked my throw blanket around my shaking body. My fingers tangled in his soft shirt and I found myself starting to cry. He looked pained but also angry, I didn’t blame him I guess I did hear him yelling at Riley one of the first days we were here. I recall hearing him demand my safety.

He gave me a few more moments to calm down. Gently stroking my hair and cooing for me to stop crying. Eventually my sniffles got quiet enough and we could hear everything Riley was saying to Axel. They were having a hushed argument, Axel’s side was taking me away from here and locking me up away from Zane so he wouldn’t have to deal with this anymore and Riley’s side was that Zane would be allowed a few days with me and they would then take him away again. I was terrified of both options but I defiantly liked the second one better because I knew if Zane was here I had a better chance at surviving. Even if he was locked away a few rooms away.

“Em?” Zane whispered softly. I found myself acknowledging in a quiet raspy voice. I hadn’t spoken to anyone in so long that I feel as though I’m loosing my voice. “Run with me.”

I shook a little bit more. “We can’t.” My voice was a dull whimper and I was completely frightened. “They’ll find us.”

Zane’s arms tightened and I found myself holding him closer as well. “It’s okay, they won’t and even if they do I’ll protect you. Please, he’ll let me stay with you tonight and Riley leaves every night to visit his girlfriend.”

“What about…him.” I shifted my thumb towards the door, I knew he know I was talking about Axel. I couldn’t even bring myself to say him name anymore, it was to scary for me to muster.

Zane’s face went hard. “I’m going to murder him and you cannot stop me.” I was going to no matter what he said though. Not to save Axel life, but to save his. I couldn’t allow Zane to go to jail out of anger, we have a family to think about now. Not to mention that I couldn’t bare to life without him, he is my life now and always will be.

I stretched up to him, stopping a moment out of pain but my lips still met him soft cheek. “Please no, I not want you to have a reason to get arrested and be taken away from me.”

He smiled then kissed me back gently. “Then I better not tell you what I have been doing for the past how ever many days we have been here. I’m taking us out of here, and hopefully tonight.”

Riley didn’t come back for a few hours and by then I was already half asleep on Zane. He was laying with his back against the cold brick wall and his legs stretched out so I could lie comfortably in his lap. Zane’s arm’s wrapped around me again, willing me to stay still and not cower back into my pillow’s comfort. I sat still and so did he, the only difference was that he glared Riley down and I cowered in his lap. My eyes were downcast as I listened carefully to everything Zane forced out of his lips.

“I’m not leaving her and you know it.” He growled, moving one hand to pull my hair away from my face, the other angling over my belly. Gently moving his fingers over it.

Riley didn’t smile, for once he actually looked quite sad. “I know, I’m here to tell you not to make a commotion while I’m gone. He’s not himself.” He was warning us that Axel was going crazy right now, which meant he was extremely dangerous. With that said Riley walked out and shut the door as his way. The one thing we didn’t hear was the lock clicking, and Zane took that as a sign to run. Whether he forgot to lock the door or did it on purpose, but I knew that meant Zane was taking this chance to try and get us out of here.

He waited about an hour before he shifted a sleepy me back to my pillows and planted a soft kiss on my forehead. “You wait here, not move and I’ll be back soon.”

He didn’t wait for my answer and he also didn’t waist anytime on being quiet opening the door. That’s when the yells started, they were to angry and loud for me to make out. There were many crashes and bangs, cuss words shot through the air. I even found myself trying to cover my ears with my hands when it was to much to handle. I waited until my ears picked up Zane’s angry whispering, I knew he was about ready to grant the finishing blow to Axel. Something made me want to stop him, maybe it was something in my head telling me that it wasn’t entirely Axel’s fault. My weak body started sitting up in hopes to stop Zane from murdering Axel. The middle of my torso screamed in pain which forced a scream of pain to leave my lips as well. One of my hands held me small baby bump and the other attempted to push me up. I wondered if it was something with the baby that was hurting, or was it because f Axel?

My ears picked up Zane dropping Axel then his soft gasp of my name. He was instantly in my room, helping me move and wrapping secure arms around me. “Emily, don’t move.” He wrapped a blanket around me and gently picked me up. I was still very limp in his arms and scared that if we left this room something would happen to one of us. As soon as he stepped out to the cluttered factory I found myself looking at a bleeding but alive Axel. He didn’t have any life threatening wounds, just enough wounds to keep him curled on the floor in a whimpering state. Zane just gave him a disgusted look then stomped to the front door and thrust it open, somehow balancing me in one arm.

When the door opened I was blinded by sunlight that I hadn’t seen in so long. My head instantly turned to Zane’s chest as I shielded my eyes and whimpered softly. He quieted me then started running off into the woods, not following the road or trying cars which I thought was weird. I was defiantly having a dé·jà vu moment. He didn’t stop for anything and all I could really see was the blur of green as the forest flew by. Since I couldn’t see anything or do anything I found myself dozing off in the comfort of my husband’s arms.

The next time I awoke I found myself laying on the forest floor on my blanket. Zane had stopped to check my wounds again and had taken advantage of the fact that I had finally fallen asleep. I tried not to make a noise because I knew he wasn’t going to stop, especially since he thought-no knew-that I was in pain. I only made sounds when he did something that stung, which meant he was probably touching a cut. When he discovered I was awake he moved to my side and cradled me in his arms.

“Go back to sleep, baby.” He purred softly, stroking my hair in that soothing manner. My eyes moved up to the sky and found it now filled with bright starts and almost white clouds. “You act like you’ve never been outside before.” He joked softly, turning a little to kiss my forehead.

My voice was still a raspy mess when I answered, having to stop once in the middle to cough. “It’s so pretty.” I turned away from him for that cough, afraid that I would get him sick as well. “Are they going to find us?”

He frowned down at me then pulled me closer, gently stroking my stomach softly. “Of course not.”
With that sad he hummed me a song until I fell back asleep against his chest and this time I woke up to a pure black world.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS PLEASE :)