‹ Prequel: Been to Hell
Status: Don't be a silent reader :)

The Way You Lie

Safe

My hands that sat over my mouth began to shake uncontrollably, I would feel better if I could at least see Zane. Maybe check and see it he was okay, or if he had been shot. A groan echoed through the woods and I heard him shuffle around a little bit. Holy shit he was hit! I began moving slowly to look around the tree and hope to god it was someone else that had been hit. I don’t care if it was a freaking celebrity but please don’t let it be Zane.

“OW! GOD DAMN IT CARLEY!” Zane growled deeply, I could see his outline in the distance. He sat up and seemed to rub his chest out of pain. “What was that for?”

A small voice giggled a little bit, seeming to shake off their own fear. “I thought you were Riley, I was going to shoot and run like hell.”

He chuckled a little himself then stood up, turn to walk back to the tree I was sitting behind. “You were going to shoot him with a paintball gun?” He walked back quickly, kneeling down in front of me and granting me a small smile. I scowled at him then smacked him as hard as I could, my skin colliding with him with enough force to leave a sickening sound. He sat in front of me, unmoving and shocked.

“Never do that to me again you freaking asshole!” I shrieked, feeling tears wield up in my eyes. To my surprise he slammed me in a hug instead of screaming back at me, he felt how shaken I was and instantly knew how much he had scared me.

He pulled me close until my arms wrapped around him as well. “I’m sorry.” I knew he truly was sorry, and I also knew why he did it. Sadly the feeling of abandonment that ran through me for those few moments still coursed through my veins, it terrified me. “I’ll never do that again, please don’t be angry.”

“Zane, we need to get moving. Come on my house is close to here and we need to get inside, it to close outside to sit out here.” The small voice called.

“Okay, I’ll follow you.” He scooped me up, still allowing me to hold him close and burry my face in his shoulder. The tears began to slow a little bit, whether it was because that natural smell he carried or just that fact he was holding me I didn’t care. I’m so glad that he wasn’t shot cause I would’ve run out after him and attacked the person who did it, I don’t really care about my life.

Twenty minutes later we were approaching a log cabin with only the porch light on. Zane seemed heavily relieved and his hold on me tightened, then quickened his steps. The girl- Carley- smiled back at us, pausing for a moment to glance at me before walking onto the porch and knocking three times, pausing then doing in again. Finally the wooded door burst open and I found a young boy waiting for her. He smiled and hugged her leg as she walked inside, leaving Zane to follow.

I finally felt like I was able to relax. Not only were we in a warm cabin, but I felt safe for once. Sadly I glanced down at my empty belly and frowned. The only thing freedom cost us was our child’s life, that makes me sick to my core. I glanced up at Zane’s face a saw pure joy radiating in his eyes, I could tell he wasn’t thinking of the bad things. Maybe he was thinking of being able to reach a doctor, we’re free now he could be thinking of anything.

“There’s a bedroom down the hall, you’ll be leaving as soon as it gets light out.” Carley informed, pointing to a hall. Zane nodded and walked over the brown carpeted floors until he reached the bedroom she was talking about. When he opened the door I noticed it was a child’s room, possibly. Decorated with tossed stuffed animals and baby blue walls, and for once in the past month at least I seen a real bed. Granted it was a twin bed with guard rails.

Zane’s smile grew and he basically skipped over to the bed to lay me down. Once I was there he planted a kiss on my forehead and began pacing, I could already hear the gears turning in his head. The plan is about to start.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know guys, its epically short thats why i need UR HELP please please please :)