The Infinitiveness of Lila Evers.

p r o l o g u e .

I think it was the end of junior year that I started thinking about it all; the thought of graduating and having to wear nametags at school reunions because no one knows who anyone is anymore - long forgotten. Never, have I ever wanted to be forgotten. I always did more than I needed to when writing essays, doing projects, you know, overachieved and all. I was, simply, that nerdy girl who you hated because secretly she was cooler than you could ever be. Alright, maybe not quite that, but I was, and probably still am, that nerdy girl you hated because, not so secretly, she did way too much and didn’t have blonde hair, large breasts and-slash-or bum, or simply, just never talked to you, so you just went ahead and assumed that I was some horrible monster with a secret third leg, a drawn on eye and a brain the size of Uranus (all of which, was not true, I assure you. Having the brain the size of Uranus would simply be horrible, weighing someone down far more than the average three pounds that, you know, is the weight of average people).

I’ve always wanted to be remembered, just like any other person would want to be remembered. Honestly, what person didn’t want to be remembered? Why did it just have to be those who made it onto the news, or those who flush cherry bombs down the toilet of bathrooms at school are the only ones who are remembered? Even then, as time continues, they too, will be forgotten, just like everything else in the world. Nothing is infinite unless you make it be, and who are those who make themselves infinite, you ask? Well, those who do something, who make a difference. But how can just a normal person, someone who, if they do something out of their normal won’t seem so normal anymore, and could possibly be crucified for doing something out of the normal by their peers? Why that, my friend, is exactly how someone is remembered, how someone is infinite.

Let me direct your attention to Jesus Christ, someone everyone should have at least heard of. Without him, Islamic traditions would have never had their important prophet of God, or the Christians would have never had their savior, or the Indian would have never had their divine ‘incarnation of God’ Without Buddha, we would have never had The Four Noble Truths, The Noble Eightfold Path, Love (yes, love), or The Power of the Mind. Without Emperor Constantine we would have never had the acceptance of Christianity that we have today. Without Confucius we would have never had such knowledge of moral precepts. Without Joan of Arc France would not be France. Without Socrates and Aristotle we would not have the philosophy or science we have today. Without Leonardo da Vinci we would not have such an amazing artist, philosopher, and thinker. Without Sit Winston Churchill maybe the Second World War would not have turned out as it had, as he was one of the most important leaders in modern British and world history. Without Leo Tolstoy we would never had the grand War and Peace novel. Without Rosa Parks we would not have such a thought of difference colored races as we have today (though still awful at some points. Without Elvis Presley, we would not have such an amazing cultural icon, The King of Rock and Roll; just to name a few.

Soon to be added on that list: Lila Evers, philanthropist, dreamer, maker of change, infinite. Infinite. Infinite. Infinite.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been toying around with this idea for a couple weeks, and this is what came of it. Tell me what you think?
I'm not going to lie, I'd like to think that someday I will make a difference, an important one for someone I don't even know, like how JK Rowling, John Green and Stephen Chbosky have affected me, for the better. I want to be like them someday, and maybe, maybe I will, or maybe I'll die having never achieved such a goal. Who knows. As Alaska Young from Looking for Alaska by John Green said, "Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. (...) You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present."