To The End

Chapter 10.

I stood there, shocked. I thought that there was going to be an 'us'.
Apparently not.
I mean, it's not like I own him or anything...
Oh, but I really wish he was mine.

I have to admit, Lizzie is a very nice girl. It's quite literally impossible to hate her.
Not that I want to hate her.
Who am I kidding? I want to loathe and despise her. But I can't. She didn't do anything wrong.
We had been talking for a while, and I decided I'd get up and go get myself a drink. In the kitchen, I ran into Ray.
"Annie.. I had no idea. He just brought her with him."
"Don't worry Ray. I'm fine."
I'm not fine. I'm angry, upset, and hurt. I thought he loved me.
But I guess that's it.
LOVED.
Not loves.
"No, you're not fine."
He's got that right.
"Ray. Please. I can assure you, I'm fine."
He eyed me suspciously, then left.
I got myself a cold glass of water, took a sip and leaned against the counter and looked out the window.
I heard someone come in and then felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Don't worry. We dislike her just as much as you do, and we're plotting to get rid of her as soon as we can."
I turned around and saw Mikey and Bob grinning at me. I smiled.
"Really?"
"Come on Annie. You know that there's no one else I'd rather have sticking their tongue down my big brother's throat than you." Mikey said with a chuckle.
"Aw! That's so sweet!"
We all hugged then headed out to where the rest of the group was.
Lizzie was sitting on Gee's lap. He immediately set his gaze on me. I held back my tears and as I smiled at him, I though to myself, I'm not o-fucking-kay.