To The End

Chapter 11.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"
"I've never been more sure in my life, Mark."
"And you're not doing this because of Gerard?"
Well. Yes. I am.
"What makes you think that?"
Mark had an all-knowing look on his face, and I hated it.
"You've always been one to run from your problems. And anyone could guess. It's kind of obvious."
I sighed and scrolled down the page I was looking at on the internet.
Sure, I was running. And Mark, and anyone else who cared to notice, would be able to tell that it was because of Gerard.
Without the slightest hint of hesistation, (since I am trying to convince my cousin that I'm doing this for the right reasons) and with the click of a mouse, I had booked myself a one-way ticket to Seattle in a month.
I closed my eyes and let it sink in.
There's no turning back.
I'm moving to Seattle.
"Well. I have a job. And ifI don't leave soon, I'll lose it, and I guess I need the money now more then ever, eh?" I nudged Mark and grabbed my coat and keys. As I walked out of the door, I saw him shaking his head at me out of the corner of my eye.

It's nice to see familiar faces. I'm going to miss some of the regulars from my shifts.
"One large cappucino to go, please."
I turned to face my customer.
"Brandon?"
"Oh. Annie. Hey."
There was an awkward silence.
"So. How've you been?" I asked.
"Um." He avoided my glance. "Kind of shit, actually, you?"
"You know, that sounds about the same as me. Although hopefully for not much longer. I'm actually moving to Seattle in a month."
"Wow. Good luck."
I handed him his coffee and smiled.
"I'll see you later."
I waved, and he was gone.
"So. Were you planning on letting me know you're leaving?"
Gerard.
"I only booked my flight this morning. Why would you care anyway?"
"Don't give me that bull. You know I care. You mean the world-"
I looked at him.
"Gee, I don't understand. First, we're out of touch for years, then you come back, kiss me, leave again, come back AGAIN, expect to pick up where we left off, and when I make one little mistake, you don't even give me a chance to explain before you go off and get yourself a new girlfriend."
He didn't say anything. I put my face right to his.
"I just thought I should let you know. You're the only guy I've ever loved."
He had a strange expression on his face, shocked, confused, and he looked like someone had just punched him in the stomach.
I walked back into the storeroom, locked the door, and slumped to the floor.
This isn't fixable.
What have I done?