To The End

Chapter 12.

It's only three days before I leave.
I've seen Gerard in passing a couple times when I went to go see the guys, but it's not like I went out of my way to see him or anything.
The last couple weeks have been a bit of a blur. Trying to sort out a job, an apartment, and packing, that kind of stuff.
I heard a knock at the door. I closed my book, got up off the sofa, and walked over to the door.
"Hey Bob, what's up?"
"Uh. Nothing. Can I come in?"
I swung the door back and gestured for him to come in.
"You can't go."
I slammed the door and turned to look at him.
"What? Bob, no. I'm sorry, but I can't stay. It's just not happening."
"Why? Everyone knows that it's because of Gerard. And plus, you have your cousin.And us? Who are we going to hang out with when we're around?"
"I don't know. But it won't be me."
I heard him mutter something under his breath, and then he headed for the door.
"Before I go, I thought I should tell you... He's a mess." He looked at me one last time, and then left, shutting the door behind him.
I stared at the door, dumbfounded. Him? A mess? He's not the one moving halfway across the friggin' country!
Another knock on the door.
Oh. WHO NOW?
"Brandon?"
He grabbed me and started to pretty much eat my face. I could smell alcohol, and A LOT of it.
"Brandon, are you drunk?"
"SHH! Less talk, more action!" He slurred.
"Get the hell off of me!"
The next thing I knew, someone grabbed him from behind, and he was screaming like a girl.
"Please, don't hurt me! I'll leave, JUST LET GO!"
"Never touch her again. Ever." Gerard growled.
What is going on tonight?
"I promise!" Brandon whimpered.
Gerard let go of him, and Brandon scrambled to his feet and left the apartment.
"Gee.. Thank you."
I put my hand on his arm, and he looked away.
"It's fine. I just wanted to come and say goodbye, I'm going to be a bit busy the next couple of days.." He trailed off.
"Oh. Well. Um. Thanks." I tried to reach out and give him a hug, but he side-stepped, pecked me on the cheek and let himself out.
Dammitdammitdammitdammit.